Space Engineers

Space Engineers

(DX11) SuperCaps - When your life requires that special kind of power
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
plaYer2k  [developer] 19 Aug, 2014 @ 10:38am
Bug reports - Something isnt working? Tell us!
This is the bug report discussion. If you came across some faulty features, visual glitches or other things that arent working as intended then dont hesitate to tell us so we can look into fixing it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
ZobrAZ 20 Aug, 2014 @ 12:21am 
Counstruction state has a wrong collider mesh.
Screenshot
Eikester  [developer] 20 Aug, 2014 @ 4:45am 
Fixed, thanks for report, was a simple copy/paste error
Last edited by Eikester; 20 Aug, 2014 @ 4:47am
Fire Ball Bunny 27 Aug, 2014 @ 10:54pm 
Restarted my server today and i get this error. "downloading mod: id = 302684957,size = 0.000 MiB. Unable to download mods" on startup.

This is on a dedicated server. If I remove your mod number, the server start's with no issue.
plaYer2k  [developer] 27 Aug, 2014 @ 11:23pm 
Can you please verify if the SuperCaps mod loads well for your client?
Downloading and loading it worked fine for me when publishing the latest fix.

I guess that we can rule out any issues with steams servers as the other mods worked.
Tycser 28 Aug, 2014 @ 3:02am 
I got the same problem, the mod loads fine for my client (unless it used the previous version, which I don't know). I get the same error in the server screen. I do hope there is a way to fix this, I thoroughly enjoy your mod! I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case you or someone else finds something. Thank you for the mod and your time!

EDIT: I fixed the problem myself by copying the mod file from the client folder (...\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Mods) to the dedicated server folder (...\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Mods). I don't consider this a permanent fix but it should get the dedicated servers going again! I hope the developers can fix it properly!
Last edited by Tycser; 28 Aug, 2014 @ 4:34am
plaYer2k  [developer] 28 Aug, 2014 @ 7:37am 
This issue has been solved now, at least for me and my dedic test.

The reason for that issue, steam.

Eikester initially published this mod and added me as coauthor as he did all the 3D model and texture work. I merelly had the idea, values and did the recipes.
For the last patch we tried if i can publish too as transfering the changes over to the original poster (in this case Eikester) and letting him publish is overall a very dependable and bad design for concurrent working.

Sadly it turned out that either steam or space engineers must have an issue with that method. At least the dedicated servers, not the clients.

I will submit that as bug and hope that the devs look into it.

Thanks for your patience and help :)
Last edited by plaYer2k; 28 Aug, 2014 @ 7:37am
Fire Ball Bunny 28 Aug, 2014 @ 8:05am 
Thankyou for the quick fix. great mod hope to see what you think of next, like a drone camera for remote control??
Amerikanovich 29 Aug, 2014 @ 9:01am 
Welding the larger capacitors (station) with a small ship often leads to problems and anomalies, components getting stuck in the welders or the welders thinking there is nothing to do when in fact materials are available and needed...
Twice now it's left piles of negative power cells in the ship welders ("-1,500 Power Cell") which are a bit of an puzzler...the massive stack weighs just over 0 and has a negative volume (~ -65,000L), meaning if you have it in your pocket you can suddenly carry piles of 200,000 steel plates no problem.
Dropping this stack of negative cells immediately crashes the game, and the assemblers cannot deconstruct them, only option is to fire them off into space via rocket and hope they never return.
Last edited by Amerikanovich; 29 Aug, 2014 @ 9:02am
plaYer2k  [developer] 29 Aug, 2014 @ 9:31am 
That sounds like a big issue with how Space Engineers handles items.
Maybe they are using some int16 (max ~32k) at some points.

Overall that sounds like a bug report we previously got within the comments. One i did not test yet due to some circumstances.

As current workaround we consider new components required to build the caps.
That is, small and large capacitor modules instead of computer and power cells.
Last edited by plaYer2k; 29 Aug, 2014 @ 9:31am
plaYer2k  [developer] 30 Aug, 2014 @ 5:42am 
Alright Eike and me have been trying to investigate the issue with survival and medium/large capacitors.

What causes it is the limited astronauts inventory. Once overloaded it will cause an exception in Space Engineers and thus crashes it.
Thus it is a clear bug with the game

As for the small ships, i did not have an issue with them yet. It might be that the SE internal problem causing that particular issue has been solved.

Please report back if you got the same issue again while playing the latest version.

As current workaround we could only release a version with components that got unrealistically low volume and weight values in order to not cause SE to derp around :(
Fire Ball Bunny 11 Sep, 2014 @ 7:28pm 
are you playing in creative?
this will happen in creative play but not in other.
Nik- ideas? 11 Sep, 2014 @ 8:27pm 
Originally posted by Rabbit:
are you playing in creative?
this will happen in creative play but not in other.
OH, that would explain it. I was testing things in creative mode before I started messin with survival.
Thanks, and Sorry.. heh
plaYer2k  [developer] 11 Sep, 2014 @ 9:21pm 
Heh thanks for the fast reply on this Rabbit.
And yes capacitors are just a "battery type" block and thus behave like all batteries which do not deplete in creative at all. I wish that could be toggled ingame though.

It however can be nicely used to quickly charge a new stack of caps. Charge the first cap for 1 second so that it has a few Wh and then put it on discharge. Now you can fully charge a second cap in <5 sec. And then fully charge 2 caps in <5 sec and so on. Thus charging a big stack of them is a bit tedious as you have to do it by hand, but it is done in less than a minute unless you went way too big (in amount of separate blocks).

ps: Initially i was quite confused about the chatter as the "removed" post didint show up and i couldnt find the context of Rabbits reply, so please dont remove your old posts even though they might feel awkward. There is no shame in asking :-)
Last edited by plaYer2k; 11 Sep, 2014 @ 9:22pm
tweeve 1 Dec, 2014 @ 11:29pm 
I am having an issue where the caps wont charge. I have about 150 Tiny capaciters spread out in a large ship and about another 90 Small capaciters as well. But when I go to charge them the Small get just over 400kWh and the Tiny just over 200 kWh and they stop charging.

I am currently playing in creative mode as I am test building my ship. I have not had issues charging batteries before this. Even when I over load a reactor they just charge slower. Since I am in Creative they output full power and never discharge. I tried changing things around like only charging one cap at time or using one set to charge another set nothing will charge. The one or two time I did get to look like it was charging the cap never increased in power that it was holding.
psYGer 22 Oct, 2016 @ 1:46am 
I use some of your mods and have great fun with it. Thanks for the time and effort you put into your work here. But I have found that in Assember and inventory the icon for the "Small Capacitor Module" is missing. Screenshot
Could you please make an update to repair this?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50