Arma 3
Grouse's Counter-Drone Suite
RuffledGrouse  [developer] 12 Aug, 2023 @ 1:05pm
Bug Reports/Feedback
Please provide any feedback, both on things that don't seem to work, or feedback on how to make it work better.

If you're reporting a bug, try to specify the conditions on which the situation occured, as well as what other mods you tested it with.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Mastership 14 Aug, 2023 @ 2:32am 
I have Counter Drone Suite AND Crows Electronic Warfare loaded, I am separated every drone available to me and designated each of them in the Commercial, Low End, and High End. Launching any one of the drones proves to be ineffective at showing any results with every target I've placed down in Eden and Post Mission Start. Also, I have a small complain about the CBA settings? What do the ranges on the sliders entail? KMs? Degrees off target? I don't know what these sliders do to affect the drones, because even point blank on commercial 10% nothing happens. No damage, no results, and I'm fairly confident Crows isn't messing with them, however if prompted, I will gladly remove it from my testbed and verify.

Doesn't appear to need to be assembled rather than placed, and I fired the weapon at many targets myself, as well as let AI units hold the weapon (unknown if they fired it, but needless to say they were tracking the target on a blank VR map, so I can only assume they were firing as well.)

I don't know what to tell you guys, but whatever it is doesn't seem to be operating as advertised. I'll likely check back in after work tomorrow to follow up, unless you don't need anything else from me.

Mods Used: Many. Notable ones are all mods of RHS, NIarms, Western Sahara Compat Data (I own the DLC, but using Compat, Crows Zeus Additions, Crows Electronic Warfare(Will do further testing tomorrow, with better control group))
Last edited by Mastership; 14 Aug, 2023 @ 3:19am
_Scoup_ 16 Aug, 2023 @ 3:12am 
After installing this mod all infantry units just dissapear from the game completely. Disabled every mod and CDLS exept this one and the problem still persists.
Last edited by _Scoup_; 16 Aug, 2023 @ 3:13am
RuffledGrouse  [developer] 17 Aug, 2023 @ 6:50pm 
Originally posted by _Scoup_:
After installing this mod all infantry units just dissapear from the game completely. Disabled every mod and CDLS exept this one and the problem still persists.
That should be fixed in the latest update! It was a teensy config error on my part, but should be all good now.

Originally posted by Mastership:
I have Counter Drone Suite AND Crows Electronic Warfare loaded, I am separated every drone available to me and designated each of them in the Commercial, Low End, and High End. Launching any one of the drones proves to be ineffective at showing any results with every target I've placed down in Eden and Post Mission Start. Also, I have a small complain about the CBA settings? What do the ranges on the sliders entail? KMs? Degrees off target? I don't know what these sliders do to affect the drones, because even point blank on commercial 10% nothing happens. No damage, no results, and I'm fairly confident Crows isn't messing with them, however if prompted, I will gladly remove it from my testbed and verify.

Doesn't appear to need to be assembled rather than placed, and I fired the weapon at many targets myself, as well as let AI units hold the weapon (unknown if they fired it, but needless to say they were tracking the target on a blank VR map, so I can only assume they were firing as well.)

I don't know what to tell you guys, but whatever it is doesn't seem to be operating as advertised. I'll likely check back in after work tomorrow to follow up, unless you don't need anything else from me.

Mods Used: Many. Notable ones are all mods of RHS, NIarms, Western Sahara Compat Data (I own the DLC, but using Compat, Crows Zeus Additions, Crows Electronic Warfare(Will do further testing tomorrow, with better control group))

In terms of the CBA settings, the ranges show how "close" the "Wave" the gun shoots would need to pass by the drone in order for that effect to take place. That is, if you set RUF_FriedBeg to 0 and RUF_FriedEnd to 10, that means that the wave the gun shoots would need to pass somewhere between 0 and 10m for the drone to be fried. So, the larger the range, the less accurate you need to be in order to affect the drone. Same for other effects. I didn't set it up in terms of degrees off target because it'll get affected by how far the drone is from the shooter: 3 degrees off target at 100m is not the same as 3 degrees at 1km.

It should be totally compatible with Crows' EW (in fact, in my unit's modpack, we have both), so I'm not sure why you're getting issues. In my unit, we also use NIArms, RHS and Western Sahara, so I'm not sure why it's not working. I'll record a demo video using just my mod+CBA, where I explain all the settings and stuff, and show you what it's *supposed* to look like, see what's different for you.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50