Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

(H1) Crash Site + Splash Site
Neo Te Aika  [developer] 16 Jul, 2023 @ 4:41am
What was YOUR favourite part of Crash Site? We'd love to hear stories about your playthroughs!
Had any cool moments? Did you keep all the marines alive? Do a sick vehicle flip?
Feel free to leave details of your experiences! We'd love to read them and it helps us gauge interesting ideas we can improve and iterate on in the future.

Cheers for playing! #BringHaloModsToXbox - Neo.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
PugoSixtyFour 16 Jul, 2023 @ 5:29am 
My friend died in the rocket hog by a hunter and we got to see the warthog flip over 50 times and kill every other covie in the objective zone by crushing them lmao, thankfully since i was approaching the objective by doing some sneaky recon on a hill behind it i got to see it all happen after sneakily killing every other enemy that would've provided supporting fire for the hunters uphill. having such a freeform mission using restored prexbox tags was the one thing i've wanted to experience for so long and finally it came and kicked so much ass.. thank you lmao :MCCLEGENDARY:
Maple-Wan Kenobi 16 Jul, 2023 @ 6:19am 
Finally taking out the wraith after dying 5 times only to turn around and get killed by the old elite with the energy sword. (Also I ran over two marines with a warthog by accident.)
n3lioconvoy 16 Jul, 2023 @ 1:01pm 
The psycho banshee and I had a mountaintop duel I wish I had recorded. This mod is fantastic.
bryantmh 16 Jul, 2023 @ 10:44pm 
Honestly just the coolness factor that I was playing on the macworld map with new weapons/vehicles that felt like they fit perfectly within CEs sandbox. I also loved the openness and ability to tackle objectives in any order. Silent Cartographer is my favorite Halo level, and this evoked similar feelings.

I also loved the easter eggs. Figuring out what I needed to do and completing the big one with only a hint or two was super satisfying
ha2ardous2 17 Jul, 2023 @ 6:43am 
I just loved the open-world part, I found it fun.
staryoshi06 20 Jul, 2023 @ 5:45am 
I had a "no, NO, YES!!, NO!!!!!" moment where a banshee was bearing down on me, and I managed to take it down with the AR GL at the last second, only for the wreck to crash into me, killing me instantly. Was quite funny :P
Last edited by staryoshi06; 20 Jul, 2023 @ 5:47am
iDontGiveaFett 26 Jul, 2023 @ 7:06pm 
Saving the Covenant Masters (Macworld Elites) for the very end was genius. I spent the whole rest of the level before that wondering where they were, and my face lit up when they finally showed up.

Absolutely FANTASTIC mod!!! Would absolutely LOVE to see it on Xbox. #BringHaloModsToXbox! :MCCHALO::MCCHELMET::MCCLEGENDARY:
Solid_Snack_ 2 Aug, 2023 @ 8:41am 
First of all, as if it hasn't been said before...thank you to the team for bringing all of this content to the players.

My favorite part, in a general sense, was the overall production quality of the campaign mission. From the voice-acted marines, hidden secrets, and scripted sequences with cut-scenes, it was all extremely well done. For such a barren map (still interesting in terms of layout and gaming history), the team put a lot of care and effort into getting the player excited to explore and backtrack. I will share my initial experience of the opening moments which shaped my outlook of this mod.

Solo:
Crash Site begins and I am immediately engaged with a distress call over a hill, as a player who has always tried to keep marines alive, I booked it to the crashed pelican. I was glad to have saved some of the squad which was an immediate player victory that started the mission off with a high-note. Getting briefed on the mission, I noticed the scripted animations and decently voice-acted marines, I heard the original score swelling in the background, and I was overcome with a sense of excitement. There was so much thought and care put into this! After being briefed on the objectives I noticed a couple of marines moving out, and I wanted to provide backup, so I followed. We engaged a ghost (this made me glad I came along) and after dealing with the vehicle, the duo of Marines observed the island, pointing out objectives. It was at this moment I realized I was going to be given free reign on what order to tackle these objectives. We all loop back around to the crash site while staying out of sight of the covenant drop-ship looming in the distance. I am thinking "I possibly could have missed this had I left to do my own thing." which was awesome! The level was so open and events took place on their own timeline. Needless to say once I found the rocket hog, I returned to the crash site to pick up a gunner and grenade-launcher marine and we were on our way. The rest of the mission played out wonderfully.

Co-op:
I invited a friend to play co-op the next day and we discovered vehicles and weapons that weren't present in my solo play-through, The pelican crash by the beach was home to a chaingun warthog solo, but co-op there was a stealth tank! The only thing my buddy and I wished for was some more marines survivors to rescue that would maybe accompany us on foot. My friend who, admittedly, isn't a fan of Halo 4,5, or most aspects of Infinite, thought this mission kicked ass. We also appreciated that both player Spartans were present in the cut-scenes, kicking rocks.

Overall, this mod feels official, even with the somewhat barren terrain. I don't usually provide feedback so thanks for providing an area for players to share their experiences. I am keeping up with everything the digsite crew is doing and I look forward to more if this level of quality is coming from those efforts.

#BringHaloModsToXbox!
JC Denton 26 Sep, 2023 @ 2:01pm 
I like the fish Elites. They funny.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50