Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

(H1) Crash Site + Splash Site
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Neo Te Aika  [developer] 12 Jul, 2023 @ 11:55pm
DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK (CRASH SITE)
If you have any notes, thoughts or questions on CRASH SITE, you are welcome to leave comments here. (Any reported issues will also be noted and tracked in the KNOWN ISSUES thread.

Thank you for playing!

Please keep in mind our known issues page, namely:

My game freezes at start/never loads
Ensure you have both the H1 campaign and multiplayer installed. Right click MCC on steam, open the properties and check the boxes to download "Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary" & "MCC - H1: Multiplayer". Non English players may also need the language pack.

My game crashes during the final/flag cutscene
This is unintended behaviour but you did indeed finish the mission. This bug is a global MCC bug that affects many custom H1 levels, we are still investigating the cause of the crash. Note however that this does not affect your playthrough, at this point you DID beat the mission.

Lastly, enjoyed the mission? We strongly encourage you to play more than once. You might notice a few more things the next time through...
Last edited by Neo Te Aika; 25 Jul, 2023 @ 1:34am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
PepeCucumber 13 Jul, 2023 @ 12:08am 
I am not completely sure if the marines at the start of the mission were meant to follow me. They only walked around a bit, then walked back to the pelican and I had to come over with a warthog to pick them up. It would be cool if they could follow you on foot.

Also, I saw a screenshot on Twitter where a spartan had an energy sword, not sure if we were intended to be able to pick the energy sword up, but in my game it disappeared after killing the elite. Idk if it's intended to be found somewhere hidden on the map or something like that.

Either way I loved it! This is a great mod, and It was an amazing experience. I really hope to see more stuff like this.
RangerXT 13 Jul, 2023 @ 12:51am 
it was almost perfect. I think a little more ammo for the space luger and e3 sniper would be nice, and also a stealth tank would have been cool to use
Fish 13 Jul, 2023 @ 12:53am 
Just finished it. Really took my time and I also died a couple times, so it took me around ~35 minutes to beat.
Pros:
-Feels like a real Halo CE mission. Legit one of my favorite custom missions Ive ever played.
-New (old??) weapons slap
-Voice acting is really good to the point where I'm not sure if these are unused lines or not
-Music is excellent!
-Open ended. Lots of ways to handle encounters. Very re-playable!

Cons:
-New (old?) enemies just are not present except for two macworld elites at the very end. Which sucks because I was REALLY looking forward to fighting those new baddies. Would have loved a Drinol boss encounter and some Slugmen sprinkled about the islands.
-New pistol could use some more ammo. Not too much more as its very powerful already.
-Too short. Was begging for at least an escape section or something at the end.
-Music tracks are too short to properly enjoy.
-Would have liked if the chaingun warthog was the digsite one instead of the regular CE one. (Was this not the case due to some kind of technical limitation?)
-Game crashed when I beat it lol
Last edited by Fish; 13 Jul, 2023 @ 12:56am
Ludus  [developer] 13 Jul, 2023 @ 1:39am 
Marines are not meant to follow you throughout the level beyond if you pick them up in a warthog. We'll be adding some dialogue to better reflect why they stay around the Pelican in an upcoming update.
Ryloren 13 Jul, 2023 @ 8:10am 
cant really give much feedback since mine crashes on launch and i have no idea how to fix it
Neo Te Aika  [developer] 13 Jul, 2023 @ 9:16am 
Originally posted by BadwithNames:
cant really give much feedback since mine crashes on launch and i have no idea how to fix it
There is a known crash with many workshop CE mods if you do not have CE fully installed.
Crash Site requires both campaign and multiplayer from CE be installed to play.

Please let us know if you still experience a crash after confirming this so we can look into it further, cheers.
Last edited by Neo Te Aika; 13 Jul, 2023 @ 9:17am
RadWolfie 13 Jul, 2023 @ 9:45am 
A question about subtitle system, was it intentional design by Bungie team back then? Or was it addition by you/digsite team?

If it's an addition by you or digsite team, I do not like subtitle settings change in the pelican. Since deaf community will miss out what dialogue was said about their own marine's death and something about the shield.

If it was intentional design by Bungie team back then, that's a bummer. I'm guessing it's experimental test for subtitle system?
Ryloren 13 Jul, 2023 @ 10:50am 
Originally posted by Neo The Aika:
Originally posted by BadwithNames:
There is a known crash with many workshop CE mods if you do not have CE fully installed.
Crash Site requires both campaign and multiplayer from CE be installed to play.

Please let us know if you still experience a crash after confirming this so we can look into it further, cheers.
Thanks for the response. I had both single and multiplayer installed for the game. I reinstalled the whole game and that ended up working
Last edited by Ryloren; 13 Jul, 2023 @ 11:13am
Neo Te Aika  [developer] 13 Jul, 2023 @ 10:57am 
Originally posted by RadWolfie:
A question about subtitle system, was it intentional design by Bungie team back then? Or was it addition by you/digsite team?

Thank you for the feedback. Subtitles were an important accessibility feature to me, so I integrated them in as an optional feature. They were previously set off by default, due to a UI bug in the latest MCC update that required us to rewrite how they work. The next update will include a way to enable them immediately before/at the beginning cinematic. Cheers.
Last edited by Neo Te Aika; 13 Jul, 2023 @ 11:00am
RadWolfie 13 Jul, 2023 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by Neo The Aika:
Thank you for the feedback. Subtitles were an important accessibility feature to me, so I integrated them in as an optional feature. They were previously set off by default, due to a UI bug in the latest MCC update that required us to rewrite how they work. The next update will include a way to enable them immediately before/at the beginning cinematic. Cheers.

Ah okay, the map doesn't seems to use MCC's subtitle system when I notice it doesn't use my custom subtitle colors settings. So, it is currently not possible to integrate with MCC's subtitle settings at this time? Do excuse me since I'm not familiar with modern MCC's subtitle system with their official games, especially Halo CEA.
HeavenlyPete 13 Jul, 2023 @ 5:41pm 
Is there anyway to get past the stuck loading screen?
SiN Shoot2kill 13 Jul, 2023 @ 6:57pm 
How do you spawn in the extra vehicles?
PopeTheDope909 13 Jul, 2023 @ 9:49pm 
Have you considered implementing Ruby's Rebalanced CE's weapon, vehicle, and AI balancing to this mod?
Crash after beating the level
Volcanis 13 Jul, 2023 @ 11:42pm 
mine crashed after beating it aswell
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 1530 50