XCOM 2
[WOTC] Raider Relations
RedDobe  [開發人員] 2023 年 6 月 13 日 下午 1:49
Post Feedback and balance ideas Here
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I haven't played a campaign with this mod yet, so I am just guessing for the initial default values. My goal is to balance the raider relations so there is an even mix between hostile and friendly factions. The raider activities can be moved around, I tried to activate the strongest activities last and the least meaningful first, but they can easily be rearranged (by me) with the way that I designed the mod.
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 50
luis.junkeira 2023 年 6 月 17 日 上午 2:00 
Hey!

Thank you! Great mod concept. It really turns the raider factions into something more engaging.

I'm finding it a bit too easy to improve the relation. I'm about 2 months in and at 83 relation with the faction that spawned in the starting continent only by sending soldiers on covert missions (Playing with covert infiltration and 5 raider factions - Rogue Xcom, Marauders, Cult, Reapers and Bandits).

I'm getting a raider covert mission per main faction and had no trouble sending the soldiers (are they replacing other possible actions or adding an extra one?), so I feel I'm not sacrificing any meaningful resources. Maybe the intention is for them to spread through several raider factions but I have only found 1 base yet (Rogue Xcom), so all the covert mission improve the relation with them. Maybe the issue will solve itself as I leave the early game, as more missions compete for attention and I find more factions. If that is the case, limiting the number of maximum covert missions in some way when the player has only found 1 or 2 factions may help with early game balance.
RedDobe  [開發人員] 2023 年 6 月 17 日 下午 1:10 
These are very good suggestions. Because of the way covert action templates are designed I can limit this in a few ways. At the moment, there are 3 covert actions that can spawn from this mod, they are all the same except for the number of soldiers that you can bring on the covert action, 2, 3, or 4. What I could do is require more faction influence for the 3 and 4 person actions, that would be a great way to slowly give that additional actions as the game progresses and as you find more raider factions. Or I could just eliminate 2 of these covert actions and leave one only. I currently am playing with this in a legendary campaign for the first time, And through the first 3 months have had two 4 soldier actions spawn, so it hasn't been that easy to build up relations with the single faction that I found so far. And I had to sacrifice doing a rescue scientist mission over sending 4 soldiers on one of the covert actions, so there was a trade off.
最後修改者:RedDobe; 2023 年 6 月 17 日 下午 1:29
luis.junkeira 2023 年 6 月 17 日 下午 2:39 
I'm playing on commander so the balance may be in my favour when it comes to having soldiers to send, but the number of raider relations CAs should not be affected by difficulty, right? I'm getting 2-3 with each supply drop.

The first solution does sound more interesting. It adjusts the number of missions to make more sense in the early game without taking away options from the late game.
RedDobe  [開發人員] 2023 年 6 月 17 日 下午 5:19 
引用自 luis.junkeira
I'm playing on commander so the balance may be in my favour when it comes to having soldiers to send, but the number of raider relations CAs should not be affected by difficulty, right? I'm getting 2-3 with each supply drop.

The first solution does sound more interesting. It adjusts the number of missions to make more sense in the early game without taking away options from the late game.
Basically, the covert action gets added to the pool of spawned CA's. So sometimes it won't get selected. I thought about this more and decided to push out the update for the first option. I am considering creating another set of covert actions, but they will be helping a raider faction against another raider faction. You will gain relation against the faction that you are helping but lose influence against the other. Essentially it a transfer of relation score. I might require the other faction relation to be below neutral with the faction going against them. Not sure yet.
Shadow 2023 年 6 月 19 日 上午 3:53 
Hello, I really liked your modification of relations with the raiders.
But one question popped into my head.
1) why when I built a brotherhood relationship, suppose with the MTF faction. Do they keep appearing on missions as an enemy side fighting both XCOM and Advent?
Shadow 2023 年 6 月 19 日 上午 3:56 
2) is it possible somehow on missions to force the MTF faction with which the brotherhood has relations to act as XCOM allies against Advent, Lost, Chosen, Ruler?
silverleaf1 2023 年 6 月 21 日 下午 7:01 
@RedDobe An option I would like is one to prevent the covert actions from showing up that would make raider factions angry when they are allies. In my campaigns I will never attack allies.
RedDobe  [開發人員] 2023 年 6 月 23 日 上午 10:01 
引用自 silverleaf1
@RedDobe An option I would like is one to prevent the covert actions from showing up that would make raider factions angry when they are allies. In my campaigns I will never attack allies.
I am not sure if I agree with this. It may be beneficial to attack a raider faction when you are friendly with them, so I want to leave that option open.
RedDobe  [開發人員] 2023 年 6 月 23 日 上午 10:04 
引用自 Shadow
Hello, I really liked your modification of relations with the raiders.
But one question popped into my head.
1) why when I built a brotherhood relationship, suppose with the MTF faction. Do they keep appearing on missions as an enemy side fighting both XCOM and Advent?
At brotherhood they should be fighting as team resistance against advent. If this is not the case than please let me know.
Shadow 2023 年 6 月 23 日 上午 10:52 
Ok
silverleaf1 2023 年 6 月 23 日 下午 9:38 
引用自 RedDobe
引用自 silverleaf1
I am not sure if I agree with this. It may be beneficial to attack a raider faction when you are friendly with them, so I want to leave that option open.
I just thought players would then have the option available that best suits their taste. I guess I just like having allies.
silverleaf1 2023 年 7 月 1 日 上午 12:05 
@RedDobe If playing using the SOC Foundation raider faction mod, I recommend using the vest slot mod along with this one. If I have to choose between ammunition or a vest I tend to go with ammunition. There are many vests in the SOC Foundation mod and the vest slot mod allows them to get a lot of use.
silverleaf1 2023 年 7 月 2 日 上午 4:39 
@RedDobe I finally ran into some other raider factions; it just took a long time.
silverleaf1 2023 年 7 月 2 日 下午 2:37 
@RedDobe Nearing the end of my current campaign and this mod is working flawlessly. One comment I will make is that when using covert infiltration equipping soldiers from equipment given by raider factions makes the task of equipping soldiers with up to date gear much easier. It also makes it easier to use a lot of equipment that is ordinarily hard to get, in my case dragon rounds, have a greater impact on the game.
RedDobe  [開發人員] 2023 年 7 月 2 日 下午 4:48 
引用自 silverleaf1
@RedDobe Nearing the end of my current campaign and this mod is working flawlessly. One comment I will make is that when using covert infiltration equipping soldiers from equipment given by raider factions makes the task of equipping soldiers with up to date gear much easier. It also makes it easier to use a lot of equipment that is ordinarily hard to get, in my case dragon rounds, have a greater impact on the game.
There are couple of things that can be done, make less inventory items available or make the tiers of inventory harder to get earlier on. which would you recommend?
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 50
每頁顯示: 1530 50