Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Wandering Zombies
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ryuku  [developer] 10 Oct, 2023 @ 6:50am
Mod Compatibility
Requires Tinkering
Destroyable World Fences
  • Disable the custom thumping behaviour provided by Destroyable World Fences.

Incompatible Mods
BetterFPS
  • Reduces the size of the loaded/active world around you, reducing the number of zombies that can be controlled.
  • Try Stop Virtual will not function correctly/at all.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Chaos 18 Oct, 2023 @ 11:06pm 
Would this mod conflict with Random Zombies? Asking preemptively.
Ryuku  [developer] 19 Oct, 2023 @ 1:20am 
Originally posted by Chocobo Sage:
Would this mod conflict with Random Zombies? Asking preemptively.

Not at all. I even recommend it on the workshop page.
Retardus Maximus 10 Nov, 2023 @ 11:35am 
Would it be compatible with Ducks' Zombie Building Spawn Fix?
Ryuku  [developer] 10 Nov, 2023 @ 12:00pm 
Originally posted by Rafox66:
Would it be compatible with Ducks' Zombie Building Spawn Fix?

Yes, but I will never recommend that mod due to the large impact on performance it can have. There was/is another version of that mod floating around somewhere that does not have the performance issues.
Retardus Maximus 10 Nov, 2023 @ 3:14pm 
I haven't really noticed a big perfomance impact myself but I'll take a look around for that other version anyway. I'm activating your mod next time I play, thanks a lot!
Ryuku  [developer] 10 Nov, 2023 @ 3:32pm 
I haven't really noticed a big perfomance impact myself but I'll take a look around for that other version anyway. I'm activating your mod next time I play, thanks a lot!

The performance impact disappears over time (because building zombies only spawn once, after all), but in building dense areas, the mass spawn of zombies causes stutter, which drops the average FPS, reducing input accuracy and causing frame skips which can lead to deaths.

If you navigate the game keeping it in mind, the deaths are avoidable and impact negligible, but it does initially force you to play slower. There is nothing wrong with the mod as it is, really, I just personally don't recommend it -- the game has enough issues that can cause deaths unfairly, it doesn't need more, and I have a very active play style wherein I don't hang around the same area, I'm always on the move, I have no permanent base, so I see the stutter constantly.
Last edited by Ryuku; 10 Nov, 2023 @ 4:19pm
Retardus Maximus 11 Nov, 2023 @ 2:01am 
Originally posted by Ryuku:

The performance impact disappears over time (because building zombies only spawn once, after all), but in building dense areas, the mass spawn of zombies causes stutter, which drops the average FPS, reducing input accuracy and causing frame skips which can lead to deaths.

If you navigate the game keeping it in mind, the deaths are avoidable and impact negligible, but it does initially force you to play slower. There is nothing wrong with the mod as it is, really, I just personally don't recommend it -- the game has enough issues that can cause deaths unfairly, it doesn't need more, and I have a very active play style wherein I don't hang around the same area, I'm always on the move, I have no permanent base, so I see the stutter constantly.

Makes sense, my style of playing is slower anyway. I like to take my time with exploring and it's kept me alive for almost 6 months so far. But I mix it up, I do use a farm house as a base right now but I always have the supplies I would need to go nomad ready for whenever things go bad. That saved me when my previous base got overrun and then I was living nomad for a month or 2 and eventually ended up at the farm, I like playing nomad but eventually I always end up needing a place to store my ♥♥♥♥ when I've hoarded too much.
Sturmschütze 17 Dec, 2023 @ 1:50am 
Do you think this would have any issues with the time mod that works in MP?
Ryuku  [developer] 17 Dec, 2023 @ 1:56am 
Originally posted by TheoCHill95:

Link the mod.
Sturmschütze 17 Dec, 2023 @ 1:58am 

Link the mod.

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2968318536&searchtext=fast+forward+MP
Ryuku  [developer] 17 Dec, 2023 @ 2:04am 

Link the mod.

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2968318536&searchtext=fast+forward+MP

Should be fine.
Sturmschütze 18 Dec, 2023 @ 1:07am 
I'm running this with random zombies as well 'Night Sprinters', it doesn't seem to have any problems running all 3 unless I'm failing to understand how different mods might effect/override one another?
Ryuku  [developer] 18 Dec, 2023 @ 9:49am 
I'm running this with random zombies as well 'Night Sprinters', it doesn't seem to have any problems running all 3 unless I'm failing to understand how different mods might effect/override one another?

It shouldn't have any problems with Random Zombies, I recommend it on the main page. Never actually checked out Night Sprinters, but, I would assume it's fine too, as the way you'd actually achieve that is very straightforward. Random Zombies (and Definitive Zombies, for that matter) only touch zombie stats, and does not actually give movement orders to zombies.

Wandering Zombies should work with most everything, really, except mods that do the same thing, like Active Zombies.
KyCoK_DoBRa 27 Dec, 2023 @ 5:34am 
Why is BetterFPS in incompatible mods? I play on a local server with friends, all also have BetterFPS, no problems/bugs seem to be detected, zeds wandering as they should, what is the problem?
Ryuku  [developer] 27 Dec, 2023 @ 5:36am 
Originally posted by KyCoK_DoBRa:
Why is BetterFPS in incompatible mods? I play on a local server with friends, all also have BetterFPS, no problems/bugs seem to be detected, zeds wandering as they should, what is the problem?

Read the points listed above.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
Per page: 1530 50