Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Kilometers Per Hour
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Braven  [developer] 25 May, 2023 @ 2:30pm
Suggestions
Write your ideas for new mechanics and changes here! :spiffo:
Please keep in mind there is no guarantee I will implement the idea.
You can commission changes by contacting me on Discord[discord.com]! 💖
Last edited by Braven; 11 Feb @ 8:19pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Xadhoom13 27 May, 2023 @ 12:08am 
Maybe make the numbers in multiple of 10, like in the real ones? (no idea if it's hard or too time consuming to do, but YOU asked for suggestions :D )
Braven  [developer] 27 May, 2023 @ 2:48am 
Originally posted by Xadhoom13:
Maybe make the numbers in multiple of 10, like in the real ones? (no idea if it's hard or too time consuming to do, but YOU asked for suggestions :D )

Good one 😜 I am actually debating this. I made them that way for accuracy but if more people suggest it then I'll change.
Evil Inside 27 May, 2023 @ 7:05am 
Yea few km/h more won't really change anything but it'll look nicer, 50/100/150/200.

Also you could look into this mod https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2980294462, and make it more realistic by measuring how fast the car is actually moving, since no way it's moving at 200km/h at full speed, more like 50 xD
Last edited by Evil Inside; 27 May, 2023 @ 7:08am
Braven  [developer] 27 May, 2023 @ 7:59am 
Originally posted by Evil Inside:
Yea few km/h more won't really change anything but it'll look nicer, 50/100/150/200.

Also you could look into this mod https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2980294462, and make it more realistic by measuring how fast the car is actually moving, since no way it's moving at 200km/h at full speed, more like 50 xD

It is actually moving that fast, according to the game's own logic determines speed.
Braven  [developer] 27 May, 2023 @ 8:59am 
Implemented in update 1.1.0, cheers! :espresso:
Js 27 May, 2023 @ 9:40pm 
I think it should be 50/100/150/200 instead of 60/100/160/200.
Evil Inside 28 May, 2023 @ 2:58am 
Originally posted by BitBraven:

It is actually moving that fast, according to the game's own logic determines speed.

I mean, if according to that mods description 1 tile = 1m, then by taking a straight road of 1000 tiles (for example 1267x,583x to 1267x,483x), marking the start and stop points, and driving through them at certain speed set with a cruise control, you could count with a stopwatch how long it took to pass that 1k tiles, then count the real speed the car had, and base the car clock values off that, to make it actually accurate. Not that it even matters since the current values are looking good, just an idea.
Last edited by Evil Inside; 28 May, 2023 @ 3:05am
Braven  [developer] 28 May, 2023 @ 3:13am 
Originally posted by BitBraven:

I mean, if according to that mods description 1 tile = 1m, then by taking a straight road of 1000 tiles (for example 1267x,583x to 1267x,483x), marking the start and stop points, and driving through them at certain speed set with a cruise control, you could count with a stopwatch how long it took to pass that 1k tiles, then count the real speed the car had, and base the car clock values off that, to make it actually accurate. Not that it even matters since the current values are looking good, just an idea.

Konijima was talking in the PZ discord yesterday about how their mod's calculation is innacurate 😅
Evil Inside 28 May, 2023 @ 3:17am 
yeah no way a chair is 1m wide, and the same width as a fridge for example, but that's just games engine inaccuracy :D
Hyolffe 6 Jun, 2023 @ 5:44pm 
would it be possible to have this randomized for cars? so that they can spawn as either imperial or metric (as an optional setting)
think it would be interesting to come across a car that is read in metric, possibly indicating an old Canadian spec car that made its way into the states
Braven  [developer] 7 Jun, 2023 @ 12:31am 
Originally posted by Wolffe:
would it be possible to have this randomized for cars? so that they can spawn as either imperial or metric (as an optional setting)
think it would be interesting to come across a car that is read in metric, possibly indicating an old Canadian spec car that made its way into the states

Can do! Expect it next update.
wolfee0507 5 Oct, 2023 @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by Braven:
Originally posted by Wolffe:

Can do! Expect it next update.
can you add so i can change ingame setting in multiplayer if i wanna turn kmph off and turn mph on?
we need 2 speedometers that has Both kmh and mph

one with KPH as the bigger numbers with little MPH

and one with bigger MPH and smaller KPH under

would help play with people inside US
i got buddy that struggles to tell the speed in kph..

but on my car IRL i see smaller MPH on the inside half circle while bigger KPH on the ouside
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50