RimWorld

RimWorld

Mechanoid Modifications Addon - Skill Level and Work modifications
Bebop Cola 3 Jun, 2023 @ 6:55pm
Anything in unrevealed areas of map disappearing on savegame.
For reasons I can't explain, whenever this mod is loaded anything in unrevealed sections of the map are simply not loaded when an existing savegame is brought up.

This is primarily affecting mountains and such, a layer beyond whatever I can already see. I'm not getting any errors with the mod loaded, so it's hard to imagine what's causing it. I do have a substantial mod list, so it's possible it's a mod conflict of some sort, but it's definitely only happening when this mod is loaded, and removing this mod allows the same savegame to be loaded with unrevealed terrain back to being unaffected.
Last edited by Bebop Cola; 3 Jun, 2023 @ 7:06pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Edmund 19 Jul, 2023 @ 3:21pm 
I had the same issue a while back; I actually FORGOT I had this problem, re-enabled the mod today, and it happened again. It was a little startling when I realized my hills had disappeared!
Gegegeb  [developer] 20 Jul, 2023 @ 10:04am 
@Bebop Cola, @Edmund, this looks definitely like a mod conflict to me, as this mod doesn't influence save loading/map generation in any way. I also seem to be unable to replicate the bug with only this mod and its dependencies active. While your mod lists could be large, it would still be better if you posted them, as then I could look at the mods both of you had. That would narrow down the search for an incompatible mod. Then I could either add that mod to the incompatible list, or try to fix the incompatibility.
Caylie Rae 3 Sep, 2023 @ 1:59pm 
Can confirm it is your mod somehow, not a mod conflict.

Steps to reproduce:
Disable all mods except Harmony.
Start a new colony (choosing a mountain map helps make it more obvious).
Save the game once pawns have arrived.
Quit to main menu.
Add Mechanoid Modifications and this Skill Addon mod.
Load game. All mountain tiles under fog of war are now gone.

Worth noting that if I only enable the base Mechanoid Modifications mod the bug doesn't happen, It's specific to enabling this addon.

Edit to add: Tried the standalone version, same issue.

Edit2: If it helps I do have something in my log:
Tried loading non-compressible thing as compressed thing: GEGEMM_ArtModule
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

It repeats until log limit is reached and logging is shut off. I do not get that in my log if I just have the base Mechanoid Modifications mod active.

Update: I commented out the GEGEMM_ArtModule def in the XML as I wasn't planning on using that one anyway and that resolved the issue.
Last edited by Caylie Rae; 3 Sep, 2023 @ 2:58pm
Gegegeb  [developer] 3 Sep, 2023 @ 9:38pm 
@Caylie Rae, thanks. I was finally able to replicate the issue. This seems to only happen when adding this mod to an active savegame, as this has never happened in my savegames that started with this mod. I will update the mod's description to note that it's not safe to add to a save. Later I will also look into the art module, as without it the issue does not appear in the first place.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50