RimWorld

RimWorld

[UEM] More Mechanitor Mechs
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
UltraEmailMan  [developer] 26 Oct, 2022 @ 9:39am
Suggestions
Post your suggestions here.
Please read the description and FAQ sections before making a post here. Your idea may already be on the roadmap.
Last edited by UltraEmailMan; 30 Oct, 2022 @ 2:10pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
tarrand54 26 Oct, 2022 @ 9:53am 
A militor counterpart for melee
Sheyki 26 Oct, 2022 @ 10:16am 
Mech that can use drills.
UltraEmailMan  [developer] 26 Oct, 2022 @ 11:07am 
Originally posted by tarrand54:
Added to the list. It might be a while since there are other skills missing that need to be added and scythers exist, but it's on the list.

Originally posted by Sheyki:
Mech that can use drills.
Unfortunately because of the way mechanoids are coded in regards to skills, this is beyond my ability to implement as of now.
Last edited by UltraEmailMan; 26 Oct, 2022 @ 11:07am
TheGungeonologist 26 Oct, 2022 @ 3:36pm 
Lifters should be able to strip corpses.
AgiN3ko 26 Oct, 2022 @ 4:01pm 
Militor sidegrade at Standard mechtech that has a machine pistol-like weapon

Originally posted by UltraEmailMan:
Originally posted by tarrand54:
Added to the list. It might be a while since there are other skills missing that need to be added and scythers exist, but it's on the list.
Having a cheaper "swarm" melee dedicated combat unit at Basic Mechtech means you won't just be throwing your lifters and agrihands into the meat grinder when you fight the Diabolus.
Last edited by AgiN3ko; 26 Oct, 2022 @ 4:11pm
来栖 26 Oct, 2022 @ 7:04pm 
Is it possible to get the Gastromech to butcher as well?
UltraEmailMan  [developer] 26 Oct, 2022 @ 8:11pm 
Originally posted by 来栖:
It should be doing that already. Do you use Worktab or Complex Jobs?
来栖 26 Oct, 2022 @ 10:16pm 
Originally posted by 来栖:
Ah complex jobs was the issue, I'll disable it. Thanks.
tarrand54 26 Oct, 2022 @ 10:23pm 
Originally posted by AgiN3ko:
Militor sidegrade at Standard mechtech that has a machine pistol-like weapon

Having a cheaper "swarm" melee dedicated combat unit at Basic Mechtech means you won't just be throwing your lifters and agrihands into the meat grinder when you fight the Diabolus.
A pistol type does sound great
UltraEmailMan  [developer] 26 Oct, 2022 @ 10:41pm 
Originally posted by 来栖:
Ah complex jobs was the issue, I'll disable it. Thanks.

It's an issue with all of the mechanoids added in Biotech and how complex jobs adds the new work types. I can think of a method that might work to add compatibility, but I'm going to wait and see what the mod author does first. Whatever patch they make could potentially work for my mechs too.
Comton 27 Oct, 2022 @ 3:13pm 
Add a pet mech ! A cute one that provide a little mood buff to the mechanitor and maybe a half buff to nearby pawns.

Mechs can be pets too ! Like a mecha dog, the new best friend of Mechanitors !

Futhermore it's reported and knowed that some people bond with "robots".

Maybe more hard to code : add the same bonding capacity than animals. This give an extra buff to mood. Counterpart, if this particular mech die (or another one if you add this to other types) the Mechanitor have a big debuff.

------ COMBAT :
A flying combat mech ? No movement speed penalty from terrain but weaker. Maybe with the framework of Birds Beyond to have the flying animation. Or jumping capacity like the Paramedic.

Suicide mech like those suicide explosive spiders in some Sci-Fi universe.

Artillery/mortar mech with a toggle mod too for your raiding parties !

Grenade launcher mech ! From EMP to Cryo passing by flashbangs !

Barricade mech that stay in front of your mechanitor in combat (with drafting) and that is cheaper than the Centurion

----- LABOR/PASSIVES :
Production mechs which create milk, alcool, nutrient paste... for a nomad playstile ? (Maybe it's better with robot animals like in Tier Androids)

Gestator mech for babies on the road ??!!

Grazing mech that produce Hay or maybe Kibbles mech (by eating corpses ?)

Fishing mech for fishing mods

A Capture mech that capture designated foes ?

Hunter mech that hunt animals like a predator

Mobile Generator mech ? With a toggle mod to produce electricity where you want

Same vein, Drill mech for having a mobile drill usable by your colonists ?

Workshop mech that permit to have a workshop on the road for creating stuff that are more complexes than the Crafting Spot

I think there are a lot of possibilities in the type of "Nomad playstile mechs", usefull for caravans too !

In abstract, I think there is room too for "passive" mechs that add some bonuses, have an aura on allies/enemies, buildings, plants, animals...
Like a radio mech (lore in the spirit of the psychic drone). The difference with the dog is that he fill the recreation bar of nearby pawns.

------ NEW SUB-COMMANDERS :
These mechs are "gestable" because they are not true commander. They give bonus to the mechanitor by improving his bandwidth, boost other mechs in the same group.... Both Labor and Combat types.

------ OTHER DLC :
Maybe some things with the other 2 DLC :

Mechs that use psycasting ? If the mechanitor is a psycaster.

A passive prestige/royal mech that pleases our Nobles or only a noble mechanitor.

Mechs involved in rituals stuff like the radio mech for dancing rituals ? And maybe new rituals and ideologies that involves new mechs.

(Sanguophage mech that extract blood on downed raiders or prisonners ??!! So evil :D)

So many possibilities and in particulary for roleplaying !
(I need to sleep now, my brain is melting, I've been on this more than 1 hour :') )
Leanfrog 27 Oct, 2022 @ 3:42pm 
A Warden style unit that oversees prisoners (no interactions, just makes sure they're fed and slaves supressed) that is equipped with a blunt/shock weapon for non lethal captures/riot supression.
Sheyki 28 Oct, 2022 @ 7:58am 
A scyther with a personal shield that would cost high subcore and require highest tier research would be neat, since only fast melee mech is Scyther right now.
Yang 28 Oct, 2022 @ 10:00am 
Mechs with tox weapons
awsomeanthecool 28 Oct, 2022 @ 11:20pm 
mobile mortars or artillery? corpse cleaners (disintegrates/eats corpses using heat ray, can use heat ray to burn enemies) mechanoids you can put in shells and the shells can swarm the enemy?
Last edited by awsomeanthecool; 28 Oct, 2022 @ 11:21pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Per page: 1530 50