Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Lux's Survivor Legs script
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Shadowysn  [developer] 27 Sep, 2022 @ 8:55pm
Model Issues List
Put any model issues like arm clipping, etc, here.

Custom models are generally not supported.
But reporting those issues here is still a good way to document and inform anyone else using that custom model.
Last edited by Shadowysn; 4 Nov, 2022 @ 2:13am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
GI1TcH!mg G@M3R 29 Sep, 2022 @ 3:33pm 
@Shadowysn [developer]
Bug reports:
I have found multiple bugs and glitches in this script for you to fix in the next update

- a bug where arm clipping issues would occur on Ellis when crouching forward then uncrouching forward when holding the crowbar,frying pan and css knife when healthy
- a bug on Zoey when uncrouching forward when healthy holding any item or weapon causes minor arm clipping issues (right and left arm clipping)
- a bug where Major arm clipping on Rochelle would occur when hurt while holding the first aid kit when running forward, backward etc.
- visual arm clipping issues when survivors jump forward with a pistol or dual pistols for Nick, Ellis and Zoey so far when healthy
- visual arm clipping when uncrouching as Ellis when healthy while holding pain pills, vomitjar, and pipebomb
- visual arm clipping when jumping forward as Ellis while healthy holding a crowbar
- visual arm clipping when jumping forward as Ellis while healthy holding m1014 and any other shotgun
- a bug in the Legs's cfg where X,Y,Z, and rotation does nothing when applied and saved
- a bug where Louis and Francis is EXTREMELY BROKEN Idk what you did, but you messed up both of their legs models badly.
- a bug where the legs will glitch if you look down spin in a circle and then pause the game, they will also disappear too in singleplayer not in multiplayer
- a bug where blood and boomer vomit doesn't render on the the legs

I typed this for you to use in your patch notes when you fix all of them
Shadowysn  [developer] 29 Sep, 2022 @ 8:54pm 
Originally posted by GI1TcH!mg G@M3R:
- a bug in the Legs's cfg where X,Y,Z, and rotation does nothing when applied and saved
That's how the settings work. They aren't flexible, the map needs to be restarted to reapply the settings every time. I'm not willing to change the system.

- a bug where Louis and Francis is EXTREMELY BROKEN Idk what you did, but you messed up both of their legs models badly.
Are they still broken? I released an update days ago to override the old animation system to use a prefixed set of animations with the least amount of arm clipping.
You're not describing what exactly is broken.

- a bug where the legs will glitch if you look down spin in a circle and then pause the game, they will also disappear too in singleplayer not in multiplayer
Cannot fix.
This is an issue with the deep internal code of the game's pausing system. I absolutely cannot reach the pausing with VScript.

Cannot fix.
The entity used for the legs cannot render blood or vomit.
Last edited by Shadowysn; 29 Sep, 2022 @ 8:56pm
GI1TcH!mg G@M3R 30 Sep, 2022 @ 2:07pm 
"the map needs to be restarted to reapply the settings every time. I'm not willing to change the system."

ohh ok, I didn't realize thanks for letting me know

"Are they still broken? I released an update days ago to override the old animation system to use a prefixed set of animations with the least amount of arm clipping.
You're not describing what exactly is broken."

"I released an update days ago to override the old animation system to use a prefixed set of animations with the least amount of arm clipping"

- I actually kinda did describe what was exactly broken "kind of", just by playing as Louis and Francis, you will see what i'm talking about but I will tell you, all of the animations have been reset which means the torso on the legs isn't tilted back and the arms wern't up like every animation was basically just a normal survivor but carrying and holding invisible weapons and pistols
It's Fixed now nvm
GI1TcH!mg G@M3R 30 Sep, 2022 @ 2:21pm 
- new bug report:
the legs get pushed forward when running into zombies :(
Pluvillion 3 Oct, 2022 @ 7:18am 
"the map needs to be restarted to reapply the settings every time. I'm not willing to change the system."

ohh ok, I didn't realize thanks for letting me know

"Are they still broken? I released an update days ago to override the old animation system to use a prefixed set of animations with the least amount of arm clipping.
You're not describing what exactly is broken."

"I released an update days ago to override the old animation system to use a prefixed set of animations with the least amount of arm clipping"

- I actually kinda did describe what was exactly broken "kind of", just by playing as Louis and Francis, you will see what i'm talking about but I will tell you, all of the animations have been reset which means the torso on the legs isn't tilted back and the arms wern't up like every animation was basically just a normal survivor but carrying and holding invisible weapons and pistols
It's Fixed now nvm
When you mentioned broken I thought you were referring to their left foot being awkwardly tilted to the right when standing idle. My bad.
Xeno :] 7 Oct, 2022 @ 9:20pm 
According to what I've observed, the foot continues clipping to the ground, and Rochelle, when you look down, you can occasionally see what weapon you're holding. I mean, your own model is carrying a weapon. If you're puzzled by this message, I may provide an in-game screenshot.
GI1TcH!mg G@M3R 8 Oct, 2022 @ 12:20pm 
thanks for reporting the first issue, I will let him know about it so he can look into it
what do you mean by " I mean, your own model is carrying a weapon"? can you describe more info?
do you mean this bug?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1836930328218037631/AB5AD49AD26F9B7FAC6BD6096E2B9FFA830598A0/
if that's what you mean I've already discovered it and, we're both investigating the issue right now, and will soon be Fixed.
Last edited by GI1TcH!mg G@M3R; 8 Oct, 2022 @ 12:26pm
Shadowysn  [developer] 8 Oct, 2022 @ 6:21pm 
Originally posted by Xeno ::
According to what I've observed, the foot continues clipping to the ground, and Rochelle, when you look down, you can occasionally see what weapon you're holding. I mean, your own model is carrying a weapon. If you're puzzled by this message, I may provide an in-game screenshot.
I was completely aware of this before the mod was even uploaded.
On the contrary this won't be fixed anytime soon. The system that allows the legs to follow you is also the one that causes this bug.
Any alternatives or attempted fixes to this system will cause much more laggy legs.
Last edited by Shadowysn; 8 Oct, 2022 @ 6:25pm
GI1TcH!mg G@M3R 14 Oct, 2022 @ 4:03am 
wait, so this bug can't be fixed?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1836930328218037631/AB5AD49AD26F9B7FAC6BD6096E2B9FFA830598A0/
can't you just like re program the pre last stand animations like you did in one of the previous updates or something? maybe that messed up the legs? or maybe using a different survivor animation may fix this issue, and I don't understand how this isn't fixable because it didn't do this previously before it was uploaded, Shadowsyn just at least try to look into fixing it, maybe you'll work something out. It seems like this issue didn't occur until you overwritted the leg's animations of the previous l4d2's last stand update, and like I said before this issue that is now occuring didn't exist until it was uploaded to steam, maybe the legs doesn't like the steam's program system or something, again try and look into it, see what you can do.
Last edited by GI1TcH!mg G@M3R; 14 Oct, 2022 @ 4:10am
Shadowysn  [developer] 14 Oct, 2022 @ 5:00am 
The entity parenting hierarchy system is the only one that allows the legs to be as smooth as it is.
Trying to manually set the position or angles in a think function in any way will hitch the legs terribly.
The animation system I use for the mod is not the cause. Lux's plugin had this problem for it's whole entire lifetime.

And trying to use different survivor animations on a different survivor model via script is another prospect entirely. It'll break mod compatibility with survivor models.
Last edited by Shadowysn; 14 Oct, 2022 @ 5:05am
GI1TcH!mg G@M3R 14 Oct, 2022 @ 5:20am 
"trying to use different survivor animations on a different survivor model via script is another prospect entirely. It'll break mod compatibility with survivor models."

yeah I recommend you leave it alone on that one, also thanks for fixing arm clipping issues for certian skin models :D
John 23 Oct, 2022 @ 6:04am 
when you look down and crouch you can see the head and hand
when pausing the game, you can see a duplicate model on-screen.
@Shadowysn [developer]

that is more of a material issue. the legs can't render like a material
Bob esponja 30 Oct, 2022 @ 1:54pm 
aa
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Per page: 1530 50