Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Immersive Solar Arrays (v41, GitHub reupload)
Solar panels keep disconnecting on serve restart
Every time my server restarts, I need to connect all my panels plus the battery bank is turned off. Strangely enough the generator is still connected to the battery bank.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Poltergeist  [developer] 21 May, 2023 @ 12:22am 
I can not replicate the issue, all panels stayed connected in my test. If you can help find the problem I'll fix it.

Reinstall the mod: unsubscribe, delete the mod folder on client & server, resubscribe.

Only use one version of the mod. Search in your mod folders for mods with this id and delete them completely.

Check server logs for errors (Stack Trace, Severe)

This will probably not change anything, but you can try picking up / placing the objects if you notice inconsistent behaviour after changing mod versions.
Last edited by Poltergeist; 25 Sep, 2023 @ 12:17am
I am having the same problem on a dedicated server. I also have to reconnect the generator.
Rawr the Dragon 12 Aug, 2023 @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by BHB LIKE_50_NINJAS:
I am having the same problem on a dedicated server. I also have to reconnect the generator.

Forgot to update this:
Seems to happen on my unRAID server whenever it restarts. To solve this, I simply did not stop the docker container when it was backing up daily.
Running this from my PC did not produce this issue after resetting.

It's challenging to determine what the issue is but that's what my findings were.
Seamus 16 Sep, 2023 @ 7:49pm 
I am having the exact same issue. I am hosting on a dedicated server and whenever I restart (shell script to kill the process then restart), and I join back in, the battery banks are turned off, and the solar panels are disconnected (luckily they are just at 99% connected so its a quick turn of the screwdriver). I have a generator with a failsafe next to it and those stay grid connected. I am also unable to just simply turn back on the battery bank, it goes through the animation and there's a sound, but the text remains "turn on" on the battery bank. To actually get power back on I have to turn the generator on, then turn the battery bank on. After a few minutes the battery bank realizes that the generator is there and the batteries have juice so it kills the generator and then is back to normal. However, now there just a red error on the "details" tab.
Poltergeist  [developer] 18 Sep, 2023 @ 12:33pm 
Can you find the error logs? Maybe it can explain what's wrong.
Anyone ever find a fix for this mine are doing the same thing
Shnow 7 Jan @ 9:10am 
Good morning
I have exactly the same problem, any solution or at least a clue?
Shnow 7 Jan @ 9:13am 
Originally posted by Seamus:
I am having the exact same issue. I am hosting on a dedicated server and whenever I restart (shell script to kill the process then restart), and I join back in, the battery banks are turned off, and the solar panels are disconnected (luckily they are just at 99% connected so its a quick turn of the screwdriver). I have a generator with a failsafe next to it and those stay grid connected. I am also unable to just simply turn back on the battery bank, it goes through the animation and there's a sound, but the text remains "turn on" on the battery bank. To actually get power back on I have to turn the generator on, then turn the battery bank on. After a few minutes the battery bank realizes that the generator is there and the batteries have juice so it kills the generator and then is back to normal. However, now there just a red error on the "details" tab.

did you find a solution?
winkky 11 Mar @ 3:32pm 
Sadly, I have the same issue. No clue why I have to reconnect my panels every time.
Same issue... very annoying...
i have this problem too
Anach 5 Jul @ 4:58pm 
This will happen If you try to connect multiple generators to the same solar panels.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50