Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Immersive Solar Arrays (v41, GitHub reupload)
Ant 13 May @ 9:27am
What's the purpose of the fail safe?
Shrek's guide doesn't explain, he just says we'll want it and that he didn't use it and he payed a hefty price because he didn't use one. And the original workshop page, as I understood it, says it just turns the backup generator on.
I've been under the impression that without a fail safe there'd be a chance the generator could explode.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Hi Ant! On the workshop page there is a link to the github wiki. There I found this:

"The Solar Failsafe is a device that turns on a traditional generator when your battery bank runs out of power. It turns the generator off again when the battery bank has power again. This allows you to potentially use solar to save gas from early on, provided you can find a Crafted Remote V3.

The failsafe requires lv. 3 electrical, 2 Electric Wires, a Crafted Remote V3 and a 50Ah Battery to build. To use, simply place it on the same square as your backup generator and it will work automagically."

I do not know about the possibility of an explosive generator, but it seems the failsafe is still useful by helping save fuel. Hope this helps. :)
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50