Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Immersive Solar Arrays (v41, GitHub reupload)
Helpful tips when playing with this mod :)
Hey all, I have been playing Zomboid a lot over the past 2 months and wanted to share help tips and things I noticed with this mod.

1. If you decide to activate this mod on an on going game, be sure there are plenty of store warehouses, U-Store it locations, general stores, grocery stores and some times enclosed garages. The listed locations can have a lot of crates which you will have to look through each one so be sure to bring an UPS truck to carry it all. If you are lucky at one of these locations a card board box with solar on the side which will contain panels, batteries and other parts, but the most important is the manual which teaches you how to set your system up.

2. Only setup a single battery bank because having more will not increase capacity. Also do not store extra batteries in spare battery bank because even though it is not turned on, it will over degrade batteries.

3. By default if you add this mod to an on going game, the solar panels generate 25 AH so 15 panels should be enough to keep 1 fridge and 11 lights going if you have enough battery storage. I highly recommend more because of rainy days.

4. If you choose to use a failsafe switch, only place it when you are sure of the generators final location. For some reason in my game when I put the switch on the ground I am unable to pick it back up but I can clearly see it on the ground.

5. Do not trash old car/truck batteries because you can make a DIY version for the battery bank. Also it does not matter if those batteries are all used up and dead because when you combine 4 of them, it creates a nearly perfect one with full life but you will still have to charge it. Also when you find a DIY battery the capacity is always 200 Ah, but if you build them they can have more as 1 I built had a 297 Ah.

6. The generator does not have to be next to the battery bank, just make sure it is with range of it is all.

7. If possible having around 6800 Ah in the battery bank will give you around 24 hours of charge time, but depends on the load. But I would not recommend having more as I am still trying to figure out the degrade math on the batteries.

8. When setting up the solar panels, it does not appear to make a difference if you lay them flat or an angle, the charge appears the same. I recommend flat as it is much cheaper as it requires no metal bars. Also the time it takes to first connect the solar panel appears to be 80 minutes, but if some reason you have to move the battery bank it will only take 10 minutes to tie it back in.

If anyone happens to figure out the degrade math, let me know :)