Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Immersive Solar Arrays (v41, GitHub reupload)
Bone_Vulture 16 Mar, 2023 @ 11:37am
What are the map items zombies drop?
Hi,

Tried googling the issue but haven't found anything. It looks like zombies near the initial spawn location drop "map" items that have this mod's tag. The maps depict seemingly random, unmarked locations. Is this a functioning feature or a bug?
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
GodOfMonkeys 20 Mar, 2023 @ 11:43am 
I have also been wondering this.
Last edited by GodOfMonkeys; 20 Mar, 2023 @ 1:45pm
Lookingeast 21 Mar, 2023 @ 11:56am 
I have also also been wondering this.
Bone_Vulture 22 Mar, 2023 @ 7:11am 
Looking at the comments stream, author replies "Maps are necessary for the Stash houses, if you don't want them to spawn you can disable that in sandbox".

Does this mean that the stash houses cannot spawn unless there's a corresponding map item?
phantom5582 14 Apr, 2023 @ 8:40pm 
Can't seem to find where the maps are trying to lead me >_<
A mark or an X would be useful
Poltergeist  [developer] 15 Apr, 2023 @ 1:42am 
The person who wrote the map didn't know, you need to find this yourself. Maps with annotation mean the stash can be found, maps with no annotations are just regular objects.
Last edited by Poltergeist; 15 Apr, 2023 @ 3:19am
kitsune2323 1 May, 2023 @ 10:31pm 
Originally posted by Poltergeist:
The person who wrote the map didn't know, you need to find this yourself. Maps with annotation mean the stash can be found, maps with no annotations are just regular objects.

This is silly. Give me annotation or nothing at all. Great mod otherwise:)
Poltergeist  [developer] 1 May, 2023 @ 10:37pm 
It's same as vanilla behaviour.

Originally posted by kitsune2323:
kitsune2323 28 Jun, 2023 @ 7:39am 
Originally posted by Poltergeist:
It's same as vanilla behaviour.

Originally posted by kitsune2323:
Why even drop non-annotated maps at all then? Too much clutter. What's the point?!
Rocksnotch 15 Jul, 2023 @ 8:54pm 
Same issue. My maps show the same area and never annotated. is this actually what it is supposed to do or...?
Paladin_Duroc 16 Jul, 2023 @ 5:53pm 
Originally posted by Rocksnotch:
Same issue. My maps show the same area and never annotated. is this actually what it is supposed to do or...?
It seems so. It's like finding a map of "Rosewood" vs. finding an "Annotated Map" that happens to mark a place in Rosewood.
Personally, I kind of like the non-annotated maps. I treat them like a mini-quest, they show a location that should have some solar panel items and I then mount an expedition to locate and recover them.
The last expedition took me to Valley Station from my safehouse near Muldraugh and it took about three days to accomplish. I holed up in a warehouse and ranged around the area and eventually found some batteries and a solar panel part.
Vukodlak 9 Nov, 2023 @ 1:16am 
Its the warehouses near Riverside, you can find several solar panel pieces in the area.
On this latest game, I've found three different maps, Rosewood, Scenic Grove and Louisville
Anybody found other locations than these three?
I think in my last run through I found one for Valley Station (hence my previous comment) but I'm not certain of that - I might have found the parts when I was on my way to loot the metal drums (for water collection)
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50