RimWorld

RimWorld

Miho, the celestial fox
Edit: Please make a small guide.
How do i make ceramic dough?

Why can i build geyser powered digger outside geysers?

How do i haul helianto petals inside tabacco machine?

How do i haul ceramic dough inside the furnace?

What are the orange circles on the producers?

Why left clicking mihoic buildings doesn't work?

I'm currently using the 8/21 update and i don't know how to miho, not even the debug from dev mode works, and i'm not sure if the problem is with my game.
Last edited by 76561198003357679; 21 Aug, 2022 @ 1:25pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Aranador 23 Aug, 2022 @ 12:00am 
Let me try:

You make Ceramic Dough at the Stonecutting bench

I didn't think you could build the geyser powered device away from a geyser - maybe a mod conflict

The machines require a hopper input, you build the hopper, set the hopper to the material desired, and the machine fetches from the hoipper. The orange circles are the hopper spots.

I going to guess that you are trying to left click buildings that are not interactable, or again mod conflict.

I don't quite understand what you mean by not knowing how to miho.
76561198003357679 23 Aug, 2022 @ 9:16am 
Not knowing how to miho is how to use the technology, I did manage to build a magma digger outside the geyser just for testing, could've been a conflict, but the building didn't snap into the geyser like geothermal.

But seriously, i would've never guessed the hoppers, i never built one before, i didn't even know they existed, so how do i make it accept ceramic dough instead of only food?

Thank you, you already answered most my questions, and this knowledge might also answer any future question.
Last edited by 76561198003357679; 23 Aug, 2022 @ 9:40am
Neko The Liar 17 Sep, 2022 @ 2:40am 
Originally posted by Dogbert:
Not knowing how to miho is how to use the technology, I did manage to build a magma digger outside the geyser just for testing, could've been a conflict, but the building didn't snap into the geyser like geothermal.

But seriously, i would've never guessed the hoppers, i never built one before, i didn't even know they existed, so how do i make it accept ceramic dough instead of only food?

Thank you, you already answered most my questions, and this knowledge might also answer any future question.

It looks like the Miho have their own hoppers under the tech "Miho Basic Factory". They look exactly the same as the normal ones plus aren't fully translated
deékjnd"rjnf"k 17 Sep, 2022 @ 4:27am 
Originally posted by Neko The Liar:
Originally posted by Dogbert:

It looks like the Miho have their own hoppers under the tech "Miho Basic Factory". They look exactly the same as the normal ones plus aren't fully translated

The factories are basically unusable in their current state. The miho hoppers are uncraftable even though they are mentioned in the research tree. It's impossible to find them, I tried the miho bench, the smithy, the machining table, they just aren't craftable at all. You can't construct them either like you would a normal hopper (the miho hopper isn't in the mihoic construction tab)

I was able, with the development mode, to build them. I placed them in the orange areas, set them to the required material (making ceramic dough from granite chunks) but the miho autoschredder still wouldn't recognize them as resources.

Simply placing storage areas in the orange circle does not work either.

I only found one way to make the autoshredder factory work but it's utterly impractical.

1) Place a storage area with the resource in the orange circle of the factory. You now have (for example) a granite chunk in the orange circle.

2) Construct a normal hopper on top of the storage area (with the granite chunk in it)

3) You now have a normal hopper placed in the orange circle with a granite chunk on top of it .

4) The factory recognizes it !!!!!!! The ressource is "eaten" by the factory and 8 hours later, i got my ceramic dough.

The problem however is that a normal hopper cant be configured to stockpile granite chunks. Your colonists won't be able to bring a new granite chunk in the normal hopper.

The only way is to first make the stockpile zone, bring the chunk, place a hopper on top of it.
Then if you want to do it again, you have to deconstruct the hopper, put back a stockpile zone, haul the granite chunk, construct a new hopper on top... Repeat the cycle indefinitely

Wayyyy too much micromanagement
Last edited by deékjnd"rjnf"k; 17 Sep, 2022 @ 4:29am
deékjnd"rjnf"k 17 Sep, 2022 @ 5:47am 
It seems more feasible with solar cigarettes, you can stack 75 wood and each cycle takes 15 wood so it's less micromanagement than the autoshredder
DagoBar 30 Sep, 2022 @ 12:08pm 
For me the factories work perfectly fine with the hoppers from Vanilla Expanded - Mechanoids
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50