The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Display Your Skulls
sp0ckrates  [developer] 21 May, 2014 @ 12:39pm
About the Signs and Plaques
There is a sign or plaque near each skull display. The phrases written on them are direct quotes or plays on words spoken by NPCs of the game. They are meant to be humorous.

* SPOILER ALERT * If you don't want to know what is written on the signs and plaques, or who is quoted by them, don't read further!

• Breezehome in Whiterun: A sign hanging from the ceiling above the skull display reads, "Home is where you hang your enemy's head." The phrase is a fitting description of the purpose of the mod and is also the name of a Dark Brotherhood quest of the Skyrim game. It was originally spoken by Gro-Bolmog in the Oblivion game.

• Honeyside in Riften: The words on the sign hanging from the rafters near the skull display say, "I'll mount your head on my wall!" It's a taunt sometimes made by bandits and other antagonists. The first time I heard it, I cracked up. I then imagined how ironic it would be if I put the head of the one making the idle threat on my wall!

• Vlindrel Hall in Markarth: The words of the plaque on the fireplace mantel where the skulls display are a play on words spoken by the guards of Skyrim, who sometimes remark, "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee." The words on the plaque: "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the head." On the mantel is a skull already displayed of an unlucky guard with an arrow through it. (Note: The skull will fall to the floor if you add more than 11 skulls to the display. To place the skull back on the display, remove the last skull added, pick up the unlucky guard skull, activate the display and add the unlucky guard skull.)

• Proudspire in Solitude: A silver platter on the center wall of the upstairs dining hall serves as a plaque. On it are engraved the words, "I'll have that...head on a platter!" The exact quote is, "I'll have that wh#@e's head on a platter!" They are spoken by Mercer Frey of Karlia during the a Thieves Guild quest The Pursuit.

Last edited by sp0ckrates; 25 May, 2014 @ 6:27am