Half-Life: Alyx

Half-Life: Alyx

Gunman Contracts - Chapter 1 - The Extraction
ANB_Seth  [developer] 12 Sep, 2021 @ 5:21pm
Bugs and Issues
Hello, please feel free to report any bugs and issues you may have encountered in here.

Known issues are:
- shadows on the ground where enemies spawned (probably unfixable)
- dead enemies still emmit moving sounds until their bodies vansih (probably unfixable)
- enemies dont emmit gunfire-sounds (probably unfixable)
- enemy ragdolls sometimes get stuck in walls.
- the game seems to be crashing when trying to load manual savegames of the map (loading the auto-saves at map starts are working fine)
- the final wave of enemies at the end sometimes dont gets marked as completed, making the game progress stuck. There is a failsafe that pushes the game forward after 30 seconds, so far at least that always worked (fingers crossed).
Last edited by ANB_Seth; 13 Sep, 2021 @ 6:55am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 97 comments
Gunfreak 16 Sep, 2021 @ 4:48am 
The gun sound one is very annoying, Why is it unfixable?
My save got broken after I saved Emily and the bad guys blow up the door, She died and when I tried to load the save it didn't work.

Not really a bug Per se but the default pistol kinda stands out, does the glock mod work with this mod? Any planes on adding a more apporprate gun?

One "bug" I found is the action music can't be turned off, I don't like music at all, however with the missing gun sounds, the amibance is kinda ruined anyway, so mabye not that imporant.

I did have a lot of fun until my save broke, great stuff!
ANB_Seth  [developer] 16 Sep, 2021 @ 4:56am 
Originally posted by Gunfreak:

well good news, i got a tip on discord that seems to work with having the enemies emmit gunfire sounds. It will come with the nex update Im working on right now.

My save got broken after I saved Emily and the bad guys blow up the door, She died and when I tried to load the save it didn't work.

As for that, I have yet to find a solution for it. Saving and Loading is a huge problem with this mod. It seems the things this mod does are too far off the rails for HLA to probably save (or load) them. The only thing I will do with the next update is to disable manual saves so other people dont run into this problem. Im still working on finding a solution to at least have some auto-save spots in the map, but supporting manual saves are probably unfixable.
Gunfreak 16 Sep, 2021 @ 5:25am 
Originally posted by ANB_Seth:

well good news, i got a tip on discord that seems to work with having the enemies emmit gunfire sounds. It will come with the nex update Im working on right now.

As for that, I have yet to find a solution for it. Saving and Loading is a huge problem with this mod. It seems the things this mod does are too far off the rails for HLA to probably save (or load) them. The only thing I will do with the next update is to disable manual saves so other people dont run into this problem. Im still working on finding a solution to at least have some auto-save spots in the map, but supporting manual saves are probably unfixable.

It's a shame you've seem to have broken what HLA can do, looks like HLA will never be the engine that HL1 or Source was, but for VR, I have been hoping people would make a good tatcial shooter mabye a SWAT type game, given how great hallways and rooms look, but it appears the game engine is far more limited than HL1 and source.
fortnite baller 18 Sep, 2021 @ 12:32am 
for some reason there's a pink and black missing texture sort of overlay on everything, it looks like the reflections are missing textures or some ♥♥♥♥. i'd be happy to send a screenshot if nobody's encountered this before.
ANB_Seth  [developer] 18 Sep, 2021 @ 12:41am 
Originally posted by :
i'd be happy to send a screenshot if nobody's encountered this before.

yeah please do. I have no idea where this could be coming from (or how it looks like)
I am using almost entirely base-game assets and textures, so I doubt that it is something having to do with my mod specifically.
Last edited by ANB_Seth; 18 Sep, 2021 @ 12:43am
fortnite baller 18 Sep, 2021 @ 2:23am 
https://imgur.com/a/tT9EW2X

my best guess is that the cubemaps are missing or something? that's exactly what it looks like in some spots, like they're made of missing textures.
ANB_Seth  [developer] 18 Sep, 2021 @ 4:22am 
that does look very strange indeed. You are not having problems with HL:A otherwise? Because I havent changed anything particular, especially in the firing-range map you've shown in the picture. Those are all HL:A base assets and textures (except the targets). Maybe you could try re-validating the game files?
sabady 18 Sep, 2021 @ 5:50am 
Originally posted by :

my best guess is that the cubemaps are missing or something? that's exactly what it looks like in some spots, like they're made of missing textures.

Try switch to DirectX 11 in the graphics settings. I had exactly same problem and it helped me.
fortnite baller 18 Sep, 2021 @ 5:58am 
Originally posted by ANB_Seth:
that does look very strange indeed. You are not having problems with HL:A otherwise? Because I havent changed anything particular, especially in the firing-range map you've shown in the picture. Those are all HL:A base assets and textures (except the targets). Maybe you could try re-validating the game files?
No other problems with the game, vanilla maps and other mods work fine. I'll try what sabady suggested though.
fortnite baller 18 Sep, 2021 @ 6:14am 
Originally posted by sabady:
Originally posted by :

Try switch to DirectX 11 in the graphics settings. I had exactly same problem and it helped me.
fixed, thanks!
wgeorge111 19 Sep, 2021 @ 11:24am 
The game is in my add on but when I select it, it does not let it activate. Any help so I can get it to be selectable?
Aiden 19 Sep, 2021 @ 12:53pm 
One kinda funny bug I encountered, I killed an enemy right as they were starting to shoot so it created an infinite shooting loop after they died. Until they despawned or something.
[W-G] Harland 21 Sep, 2021 @ 9:53am 
Originally posted by :
for some reason there's a pink and black missing texture sort of overlay on everything, it looks like the reflections are missing textures or some ♥♥♥♥. i'd be happy to send a screenshot if nobody's encountered this before.
Yeh, this happens with the Vulkan Render only, unfortunately. Vulkan uses my 3090 much better but it has quite alot of bugs in HL Alyx with cube maps on custom maps.
Doozur 26 Sep, 2021 @ 8:24pm 
I'm running into an issue where no matter what game difficulty I am playing on enemies are still killing me with one shot.
ANB_Seth  [developer] 26 Sep, 2021 @ 10:49pm 
Originally posted by (:<:
I'm running into an issue where no matter what game difficulty I am playing on enemies are still killing me with one shot.

Do you have other mods active? Like Merciless for example?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 97 comments
Per page: 1530 50