tModLoader

tModLoader

Fargo's Enemy Modifiers
The Community Recommended Blacklist
So as fun as this mod is, there are some enemies and enteties that just doesn't work well with the modifiers.
That's why we have the blacklist setting in the mod options.

But what should be blacklist?
I decided that it would ge a great idea to have a unified document here that can be updated when we find things that should be, or might be blacklisted, if they don't work well with this mod.

I will try to keep the post updated when we find more weird interactions, so let me know when you find things.
I will also categorise them after their origin, such as vanilla, calamity, thorium, souls mod, and so on, so you know what to list or delist if you have those mods or not.

In addition, I would like you to help out by listing the proper name of the entities that should be blacklisted, and also a motivation to why then should, or might. That way it's easier for us to know what to tap in without having to find out their internal names, and we will also know why they have been recommended to be blacklisted.

Oh, and I will also add the ones that are already added by default.
Partially because I don't remember which ones I've added and which ones are the default, but also so that they are listed incase you accidentally remove a default one and want it back.

Thank you! <3

Defaults
- Blacklisted by default. Listed here incase you remove them.

Vanilla
  • Wall Creeper (two entries, ground and wall)
  • Black Recluse (two entries, ground and wall)
  • Jungle Creeper (two entries, ground and wall)
  • Blood Crawler (two entries, ground and wall)
  • Sand Poacher (two entries, ground and wall)
  • Burning Sphere
  • Chaos Ball
  • Water Sphere
  • Detonating Bubble
  • Solar Flare
  • Solar Fragment
  • Ancient Light
  • Ancient Doom
  • Lunatic Cultist
  • Spike Ball
  • Eater of Worlds (three entries, head, body, tail)
  • Vile Spit (two entries)
  • Mysterious Portal
  • Eternia Crystal
  • Solar Pillar
  • Vortex Pillar
  • Nebula Pillar
  • Stardust Pillar

Fargo's Mutant Mod
  • SuperDummy

Fargo's Souls Mod
  • Crystal Leaf (projectile from Plantera)
  • ShadowOrb

Non-defaults
    - Can be added manually by YOU

Vanilla
  • Sharkron (both variants from Duke Fishron)
  • Golem (all five parts)
  • Digger (all three parts, splitting specifically was causing endless respawns)

Fargo's Souls Mod
  • Trojan Squirrel (three pieces, body, arms and head. The head itself is fine as it is properly classified as a boss and is covered by 'bosses can get modifier' option)

Calamity
  • Great Sand Shark
  • Cryogen
  • Cryogen Shield
  • Rock Pillar (Ravager projectile)
  • Aquatic Scourge (head and body)

Catalyst
  • Nova Slime (Astrageldon minion)

Last edited by NovaKatt😽💚; 7 Nov, 2023 @ 10:28pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Fargowilta  [developer] 17 Oct, 2023 @ 5:59pm 
very nice. Eater of World segments were added last update to default. I will basically add all vanilla ones suggested here. Not entirely sure how other mods will work but I will see
Zap_Rocket 21 Oct, 2023 @ 1:36am 
More from a 1.4.3 playthrough, not including those listed:

Vanilla:
Solar Pillar
Vortex Pillar
Nebula Pillar
Stardust Pillar (posessed modifier in particular was causing significant issues)
Sharkron (both variants from Duke Fishron)
Golem (all five parts)
Digger (all three parts, splitting specifically was causing endless respawns)

Calamity:
Great Sand Shark
Cryogen
Cryogen Shield
Rock Pillar (Ravager projectile)
Aquatic Scourge (head and body)

Catalyst:
Nova Slime (Astrageldon minion)

Note that this list is only up to Moon Lord, non-inclusive, and was normally specific modifiers causing mostly boss fight issues. Difficulty was death/eternity (with the exception of golem)

I also had Thorium, Homeward Journey, and Mod of Redemption enabled for this playthrough, but the modifiers didn't cause any notable issues that I encountered.
NovaKatt😽💚 23 Oct, 2023 @ 11:43pm 
Awesome! Both FargoWilta and Zap_Rocket! :D
I've updated the post with Zap's additions, aaand Fargo, let me know when the "vanilla, manually added" has been added to the default (and if any of them didn't make the default) and I will update the list again with moving things up into the default category. :)
Fargowilta  [developer] 6 Nov, 2023 @ 1:52pm 
The following are in for next update for now

Eater of Worlds (three entries, head, body, tail)
Vile Spit (two entries)
Mysterious Portal
Eternia Crystal
Solar Pillar
Vortex Pillar
Nebula Pillar
Stardust Pillar

Mutant
SuperDummy

Souls
Crystal Leaf
ShadowOrb
NovaKatt😽💚 7 Nov, 2023 @ 10:28pm 
Fantastic! Thank you. I have updated the post with the new information. :)
PLMMJ 26 Jan @ 7:10am 
Wall of Flesh (two entries, eye and head)

Any modifier that increases size or speed or causes multiple of an entity to spawn is going to break WoF.
Odelton 4 Jul @ 7:00pm 
So I have had an issue with crashes likely from the enemy modifiers when certain minibosses show up, the most notable times being when using any of the event items like invasions, moons, eclipse. Also in the desert/frost biomes when using Ultimate Battle from the Encyclopedia of most buffs.

The best advice I can offer in all of these cases is to add all minibosses of these events to the blacklist, and if possible in a future update it might be a good idea to make them default blacklisted at least until the modifier(s) that breaks them get fleshed out.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50