Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

gm_flatforest
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ver  [developer] 6 Jun, 2021 @ 10:54pm
Problems? Suggestions? Post them here!
User feedback is critical to making enjoyable content and ensuring it runs correctly on everyone's hardware/software configuration. Though flatforest has graduated from the testing server, it continues to develop based on broader input from players.

Some maps aren't going to run well for everyone, but resolving individual issues experienced by players is especially relevant to flatforest which was made with performance-friendliness and stability in mind.

Please post any problems you discover or have with the map here. Any screenshots or video you can provide to help illustrate problems you find would be greatly appreciated and will speed up efforts to remedy the issue.

If you have a suggestion that you think would fit into the map, improve performance, or enhance user experience, feel free to post that as well.
Last edited by Ver; 6 Jun, 2021 @ 10:59pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Brandon_23 7 Jun, 2021 @ 12:10am 
Have noticed some strange missing textures on some structures on the map hopefully it could be fixed. Forgot to mention it affects both day and night maps. https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AF94C692-76A8-4793-AA84-559404BA2CF9.jpeg
Last edited by Brandon_23; 7 Jun, 2021 @ 12:13am
PapaGray 7 Jun, 2021 @ 2:26am 
Originally posted by Brandon_23:
Have noticed some strange missing textures on some structures on the map hopefully it could be fixed. Forgot to mention it affects both day and night maps. https://www.linkpicture.com/q/AF94C692-76A8-4793-AA84-559404BA2CF9.jpeg
Could there be a addon messing with textures?
Ver  [developer] 7 Jun, 2021 @ 9:11am 

It looks like a problem with the cubemaps, I'll try rebuilding them and updating today.

Are you running the map with HDR turned on?
Brandon_23 7 Jun, 2021 @ 10:17am 
Originally posted by Ice Cold Venison Chops:

It looks like a problem with the cubemaps, I'll try rebuilding them and updating today.

Are you running the map with HDR turned on?

HDR is turned off on my game to help improve my FPS.
Ver  [developer] 7 Jun, 2021 @ 11:03am 
Alright Brandon, can you do me a favour and check if the update has fixed your problem?
Last edited by Ver; 7 Jun, 2021 @ 11:03am
Brandon_23 7 Jun, 2021 @ 8:30pm 
Originally posted by Ice Cold Venison Chops:
Alright Brandon, can you do me a favour and check if the update has fixed your problem?

Thank you Ice Cold Venison Chops for the update it fix the problem. If there is any other problems I find on both maps I’ll be sure to let you know.
Ver  [developer] 7 Jun, 2021 @ 9:37pm 
👍
Enterprise-1701 6 Mar, 2023 @ 4:25am 
whenever I kill NPCs in this map my game seems to crash
Ver  [developer] 7 Mar, 2023 @ 4:29pm 
Does that persist with your other addons disabled?
Dino 22 Jan @ 8:44am 
my only suggestion would be to make yet another variant of this map but this time snowy, idk it would look cool imo
Ver  [developer] 22 Jan @ 1:58pm 
I'd have liked to. Someone else requested it once, and I'll give you the same answer I gave them;

When I originally made this map I didn't make the assets in a way that retained enough useful information for me to be able to edit them like that. I figured if I ever made a version two of flatforest, I'd make new trees and try to build those resources over from the ground up to allow for multiple variants.

I was sort of rushing to fulfill this idea of a "hyper-performant" forest map when I originally worked on this, so it was entirely my fault for the reckless approach.

Maybe some day. I keep telling myself I'll move on from this engine and work on other things but somehow I keep ending up back here. ╮⁠(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)⁠╭
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50