Barotrauma

Barotrauma

T.I.T.A.N. power suit V2
Krzeszny 10 Mar, 2021 @ 12:02pm
Something breaks, crew dies
https://youtu.be/pyoChRN2FuE
I couldn't replicate it without fabricating the suit first. I think it's something with the suit lights...
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Yak'All  [developer] 10 Mar, 2021 @ 12:16pm 
Huh, that's going to be tough to fix since I got nothing in the code that hints to this. The lights are the same code as I have with my other mod, which I'm sure it doesn't bug out like this, so I think it's safe to say it's not that (also, the code is fairly simple in that regard, nothing there should cause anything like this)
But if you managed to get it on video means it's not random... Can I ask for another test? Unsubscribe and do a clean remove (delete any T.I.T.A.N. folder in mods) enter the game, making sure you don't have the mod, and then resubscribe
Krzeszny 10 Mar, 2021 @ 1:43pm 
I had other mods installed. I can try T.I.T.A.N. only.
Or should I leave the mods on?
Last edited by Krzeszny; 10 Mar, 2021 @ 1:44pm
Yak'All  [developer] 10 Mar, 2021 @ 2:30pm 
The mods shouldn't conflict, there is no interaction between them. In other words you can leave them it should be fine
Krzeszny 11 Mar, 2021 @ 7:49am 
I reinstalled the mod and couldn't replicate it after fabricating. I won't try a second time, because fabricating is boring :P
Krzeszny 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:19am 
Anyway, feedback time!

More bugs:
When the suit runs out of power in an oxygen environment, it doesn't harm or stop the user whatsoever. There's an oxygen low beep and the oxygen gets low but you don't suffocate (it doesn't go to red if there's oxygen outside of the suit.) The suit doesn't freeze in place. The suit can be used to walk normally despite being out of power.
The weapons recharge even if the suit is out of power!

Balance:
The mod seems balanced right now, although the 2-second flamethrower burning time seems way too short. It would be cool if the suit used power based on movement and weapon charging, not using power while not moving unless swimming or being dragged (to prevent players from dragging the wearer to save power).

Grammar:
Propulsor: "its", not "it's"
Warsuit: "tough", not "though"
Worm Ender: "one-handed", not "one handed", and it says "this (...) fast automatic is capable...". "Automatic" is an adjective, not a noun.
Battery: "heavy-duty" not "heavy duty"

Sounds:
Could be better, especially the walking sound - it's default even though the suit weighs way more than anything else. You can probably really easily find cool, free walking sounds and even sounds for guns and such. Or perhaps some monster has a heavy walking sound.
Sounds aren't muffled while wearing the warsuit. They're muffled when wearing the diving suit.
I'll actually look for some cool sounds in my favourite abandoned 2007 shooter. I bet nobody would even notice.

Feel:
I think it should have weapon-less melee attacks, which would also allow pointing the built-in flashlight at things.
The suit looks much meaner on the icon than when a character wears it.
The weapon funnily named "Worm Ender" sounds like a BB-gun, but it's supposed to be a heavy cannon or something. You could even give it coilgun sounds.
Last edited by Krzeszny; 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:23am
Krzeszny 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:27am 
The blurry bug happened randomly when I wasn't wearing the suit and I was alt-tabbed. Seems like it has to do with the editor more than the suit.
Krzeszny 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:33am 
Hit me up on Discord: Krzeszny#9117
I'll send you some sound files you could use. Since they're from a PC game, I could modify them a bit in Audacity.
I literally found a folder called "titan" and it has walking and sprinting sounds.
Last edited by Krzeszny; 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:39am
Yak'All  [developer] 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:38am 
Huh, so bascially it worked it self out. Kind of glad ngl
As for the feedback: It's intentional that you don't suffocate while un-powered, it's ment to have "outside emergency vents" that remain open when power is off
The whole power consumption thing is somethign I do want to rebalance in all my suit mods, but sadly I don't have time as of now since I'm working on 3 projects (1 personal, 2 helping out others). I think I forgot about the muffle sound that's def an oversight thanks for saying it. I had plans for step sounds, but since they were not needed I didn't prioritaise them and, well see the same problem for the power usage rework.
As for fisting your enemies to death, sadly as how barotrauma works, you need to use a tool/weapon to attack (unless you use a creature attack) I've wanted to play around with creatures attacks, but I'm no ready to even work on them as of now.
And yeah the sounds are not the best yet

By no means I've stopped updating these mods, I'll definitely want to add more details and polish (including the sound issues fixed). So you can expect somewhere in the future some of these additions come to life
Yak'All  [developer] 11 Mar, 2021 @ 8:40am 
Originally posted by Krzeszny:
Hit me up on Discord: Krzeszny#9117
I'll send you some sound files you could use. Since they're from a PC game, I could modify them a bit in Audacity.
I highly discourage the use of other intellectual property unless they are under creative commons (preferably licence 0). If you are sure they are open source, sure! But if not, don't worry, I'm sure I can find a cool sound for them. I can still hear them out to get the idea of what you got in mind
HellGate 2 Aug, 2021 @ 8:26pm 
Hi, just pointing out, that happens if you're in sandbox and keep going up after reaching depth 0.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50