RimWorld

RimWorld

Roads of the Rim (Continued)
kezza596 28 Nov, 2021 @ 3:58am
How to use ISRG?
I have it in my caravan, but it keeps saying 'unable to build a road right now'. What am I doing wrong?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Necril 17 Jan, 2022 @ 3:20am 
I have the same issue. I can't find a description how to use it
Kaii 11 Feb, 2022 @ 12:28pm 
Are you trying to make a Glitter Road? if so, it requires Components and Advanced Components still, the ISR2G only covers Wood, Stone, Steel, Chemfuel, Plasteel and Uranium, but not Components or Advanced Components.
Polarbark 24 Mar, 2022 @ 10:33pm 
You need to bring it along in the Colonist selection screen
Havie 2 Apr, 2022 @ 4:35pm 
I also had this issue, I had to get my caravan next to an existing road to let me begin construction.

However, now I just run out of resources immediately when pressing the "work" button on a dirt/stone road..
makes no sense?
Caz 26 Jun, 2022 @ 11:53am 
I've tried to use this mod off and on since 1.2. I've yet to get a single road ever built. One problem after another. Kudos to anyone that has made it work. Too bad none of those people have made a detailed guide and how to deal with the common problems (no, i'm not combing through the mod's comment sections on both both the old and update mods, steam's format for this is atrocious for that).

In short, I've given up on this mod. Great concept, horrible implementation.
Kamui 3 Jul, 2022 @ 8:31am 
Originally posted by Kaii:
Are you trying to make a Glitter Road? if so, it requires Components and Advanced Components still, the ISR2G only covers Wood, Stone, Steel, Chemfuel, Plasteel and Uranium, but not Components or Advanced Components.

ISR2G only covers wood and stone.If you want a stone road you still need to bring steel.
Kaii 3 Jul, 2022 @ 12:47pm 
Originally posted by Kamui:
Originally posted by Kaii:

ISR2G only covers wood and stone.If you want a stone road you still need to bring steel.
When I used it, all it required was Components/Advanced Components, so IDK.
Bubonic 29 Dec, 2022 @ 11:32am 
I would like to know. Even building a stone road this thing immediately tells me I don't have the resources. No idea how to use the device. I made sure to load it up in my caravan but it just doesn't do anything.
Negative Entropy 19 Feb, 2023 @ 3:40am 
I've found if i bring steel and ISR2G and try to work a partially completed stone road, the game deletes the steel i brought and then stops saying 'insufficient resources'.

So i just lost 600 steel.
Daint Savid 19 Jun, 2023 @ 10:41am 
The ISRG doesn't cover the components or advanced components, you have to bring those yourself.
Miyuri 7 Aug, 2023 @ 10:26pm 
Same here. I brought AISR2G with my construction team, but I cannot build just a single block of stone road. I had to bring lots of materials just for building one road.
Last edited by Miyuri; 12 Aug, 2023 @ 7:39am
Quick question, does having more AISR2G's increase construction speed? and why is there AISR2G building when it can be machined at much cheaper price
wpmaura 6 Jul @ 6:39am 
I guess they dont work? Have same issue just trying to build a stone road.
Manwich 8 Aug @ 8:06pm 
Folks:

The AISRG items are only to be used if you don't want to have to load up materials to take with you.

If you want to build the road faster, and you have the materials: Take the materials in your caravan, don't take the AISRG.

If you don't want to gather the materials, use the AISRG to build the road without any materials (the trade off is that it will take you 2 or 3 times longer to build the road): Take the AISRG item with your caravan. You literally need to take nothing else.

Example: I want to build a road from my settlement to some place 10 grids away.

1. Go to world view
2. Click on the grid space right next to my settlement (in the direction you want to go).
3. Send Caraven (to this space 1 grid over from your settlement)
4. Accept
5. Pick your construction person/people, pick your AISRG, maybe send food.
6. Go
7. Your caravan reaches the space (5 seconds later).
8. Go to world view
9. Click on the idle caravan
10. You'll see a "Construct" option. Left click it.
11. Left click 1 grid space over, in the direction you want to go. You'll see a yellow dot show up.
12. Left click another grid space over, in the direction you want to go. You'll see a yellow dot show up.
13. Repeat 12 until you have clicked every grid space you want to build your road.
14. Shut up.
15. Repeat 14, forever probably
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50