Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

Apartments
RevRighteous 8 Feb, 2014 @ 10:04pm
Feedback
Hey Sprinkles, had a chance to play the map, figured I give some feedback I what I found.

First, it seems your buyzone covers the whole map or something. If I pressed "use" to try and open the doors, it only brought up the buy menu. So either your door's are not set to the proper entity type, or your buyzone brush is too large.

Second, I found two ladders to the roofs in the back allyes on the T side, but none on the CT side. That is very unbalanced. I would suggest getting rid of them entirely, as having access to that much of a high ground is pretty overpowered in my estimation. But if you want to keep the roofs in play, easier access for the CTs will be necessary.

Third, I would open some of the sliding glass doors in the apartments so that you don't have to shoot out every one to gain access. Specifically, in the apartments the two teams start in, so that they can get in and out without having to shoot out the glass and give away which path they are taking.

Forth and last, I would inerconnect a few of the appartments, so that there are some routes that you can take that are indoors for all/most of the way. Right now, you can only go either the long way around the back, or just charge down the center. I can tell you put a lot of effort into the apparments, but unfortuneatly they are just hard to navigate and don't lead anywhere. I would close some of them down entirely, leaveing no access, and have a few others provide alternate routes and connections so that a player could snake their way through the inside of a few of the buildings without too much of a convoluted path.

Anyway, I think it need some adjustments, but I like the vibe and concept of the map so far. Keep it up, and I hope the feedback helps
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Spronkles  [developer] 9 Feb, 2014 @ 11:40am 
Thanks for the Comment! I’ll do my best to address your points you’ve made. I truly appreciate the feedback.
  • Buyzones do currently cover a majority of the map. I was in a rush to get them out because when I initially released the map, I had forgotten to put buyzones in and I received a comment from someone saying they were missing. Because of my crazy schedule, I quickly threw one giant buyzone in, that both CT and T could use, to satisfy the average person. In my next build it'll have two individual buyzones for each team. As far as doors go, they are supposed to be locked/unopenable in an attempt to do what you suggested in point 4.
  • There are currently 5 access points to the roof and are as follows:
    • From the 3rd floor of the tall building you can jump out a window to the roof of the “U” shaped building.
    • Ladder directly behind T Spawn (I’m thinking of either moving T Spawn or the ladder because they are a little too close).
    • Ladder in the back of the “U” building.
    • Ladder to a closed off apartment's (see point 4) balcony on the opposite side of the “U” from T Spawn, From the balcony you can jump to a shed and then to the roof of the apartment.
    • Out the side glass door of the room that CT spawns in is another shed. Currently it only has access from the second floor apartment, because as I made the map I realized I didn’t like all of the ladders, but I loved the roof gameplay, so I made it accessible only from the second floor balcony. I realize that from a real life standpoint all the ladders everywhere didn’t make sense, but from a gameplay standpoint it does. The next build will have a ladder to the shed.
  • I’ve been playing with the sliding glass doors for a while now and I can’t find a configuration that I like completely. I like having some closed because having to shoot them out does alert people and you can look for people there and defend, but at the same time if you’re attacking it does hinder you if you’re sneaking. It’s something I’m constantly tweaking, so expect changes.
  • I’m basing the apartments on some around where I live and in order to keep the overall style of them I don’t want to have them all connected. I am however working to provide more cover between units and adding more windows that can be accessed (some may even be open to allow for silent entry). And as previously mentioned, the doors are locked/unopenable. When I added the ladders, this opened up a few balconies which I will soon block off in some way or another, because I do agree that there should be a few apartments that are closed off. it makes the gameplay better in my opinion to not have EVERYTHING accessible.
Thank you for your comments and feedback I am hoping to have a new build out this week for people to try out.
Last edited by Spronkles; 9 Feb, 2014 @ 11:42am
RevRighteous 9 Feb, 2014 @ 8:53pm 
You know, I totally missed most of those roof access areas. Maybe some scaffolds that lead to the roof would let you make something that looks like it belongs (ie repairs on the buildings) while giving a more obvious roof acess so that not only one team has the easy (ladder) way up. Just a thought. I look forward to the development of the map
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50