Total War: WARHAMMER II

Total War: WARHAMMER II

Dwarfs - The Underway
Edin 2 Aug, 2020 @ 6:16am
About future ideas
So! You mentioned that you had some future ideas and I may have advice on 2 of those?

I remember a mod that allowed you to teleport a ship from the waters in the great ocean to the "locked in" sea around the dragon isles on the Mortal Empires map, which might point you in the right direction for how to accomplish this?

And in regards for allowing the Underway building to increase Undercity discoverability, if you look at the campaign_building_level_factorial_effect_junctions_tables you should be able to make your own db-table in that folder with the levels from your new building, and the amount they alter discoverability by. Positive values increases chance of detection, negative values lower it. If you look at those "sewer watch" building things, they might be a good guide on how much to do so by.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
PandaJG 2 Aug, 2020 @ 7:22am 
You are talking about the mod Southlands Naval Routes https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1941787453&searchtext=naval

But I think the mod Underway Expanded [Kinda Beta?] https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1862159556&searchtext=underway is closer to the goal 1, but has a bad feature : you can't use the old normal underway. But the idea is cool

About the Goal 2 (irondrakes) I think that adding them in a garrison is a better idea than summoning them, because they are a slow unit. Ironbreaker and Irondrake are the defender of the underground tunnels and underway (if I remember correctly), but they didn't fit in a summoning role. Maybe summoning one of your gyro instead ? Like the renfort unit in the scripted battle at the start of the dawi campagn ? They are a faster unit that can be send from another stronghold to help during a siege battle, coming from the underway?

Another idea for the underway improvement is maybe adding a tech related to it ? Or a few techs? Like more range, or ammunition while fighting underground?
Last edited by PandaJG; 2 Aug, 2020 @ 7:29am
Edin 2 Aug, 2020 @ 7:41am 
Another thing, SFO Compatibility xD

You know you're going to be asked about it, so just a heads-up that people (me included) would like at least the current basic functions overhauls like that.
Rumpl4  [developer] 2 Aug, 2020 @ 7:58am 
Thanks for the comments guys, finding the time is the biggest challenge at the moment, will take a look at the listed mods and see if they can give me a few ideas
Rumpl4  [developer] 2 Aug, 2020 @ 7:59am 
as to SFO, its something I can look at but I'd rather get the mod working fully first
Edin 2 Aug, 2020 @ 10:20am 
Of course! And if you find yourself in need of input, might I recommend the modding community discord, "Da Modding Den"?

I dabble in modding myself, and they have been a huge help: https://discord.com/invite/gnsnRkV
Rumpl4  [developer] 2 Aug, 2020 @ 10:47am 
Yeah I do frequent the modding den but I've found it to be a bit hit and miss if I'm honest
Maal 2 Aug, 2020 @ 5:30pm 
Outside of different stats on the building, which doesn't really matters, I do not see what could really conflict with SFO to be worth a patch.

The tiered edict might be the issue for sfo. I might tackle that one day.
Last edited by Maal; 2 Aug, 2020 @ 8:33pm
Maal 2 Aug, 2020 @ 5:32pm 
Also, I wanted to post this yesterday but comments are still ♥♥♥♥♥♥. But you sort-of fixed it already anyways. Just use it if you want or keep yours, just offering option:

------------
I have made a little "underway" picture for uses on the right circle menu thing instead of the square picture you are using so it can fit with the other vanilla icon.
https://i.imgur.com/1KhZJOZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/tG5WyKk.png
Simply rename it and replace yours with it, the red button's background is done automatically.
I fear that imgur might lower the quality, so do try it and tell me if it look worst, I'll find another way to send it.
------------
Xplosive 2 Aug, 2020 @ 7:33pm 
sfo patch?
Rumpl4  [developer] 3 Aug, 2020 @ 1:16am 
Maal, i prefer your icon to be honest, looks sharper so will update at some point today.

With regards to SFO, it's not something i play to be honest, I'm happy to produce one if the people who want it can do the leg work to start with. ie. does the mod work in SFO and it's just balancing? does it crash on game start etc.
Anarky 3 Aug, 2020 @ 1:43am 
Im trying this with SFO and it doesnt crash on start up, or do anything negative.

I can build the Underway building and the bonuses seem to be there so I'm going to say it works from what I've seen and I have about 150 mods running in my current game.
Rumpl4  [developer] 3 Aug, 2020 @ 1:46am 
good news, so i need to look at balance, leave that with me, I should be able to look at that today/tomorrow
Anarky 3 Aug, 2020 @ 2:03am 
One thing about the icon on the UI, does it have any functionality at this time? Or is it just filler text for the moment as it seems to be displayed as a grudge you can answer for rewards.
Rumpl4  [developer] 3 Aug, 2020 @ 2:39am 
which one are you referring to? the icon on the right side on the wheel opens and closes the underway overlay display screen, if you're getting something different i suspect that could be a conflict with SFO
Anarky 3 Aug, 2020 @ 3:08am 
yes that window. But nevermind. I spotted the icons on the bottom left of the screen showing the bonuses for the construction of the underway. However, one possible error. I have a level 5 underway in karaz-a-karak but it is saying that the underway is only at level 3 construction.

I'm not sure if this is a known bug or an error in SFO or as intended.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50