Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition

Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition

Para Bellum - Campaign
Supply system & Supply units & rework and/or suggestion for possible 'improvement'
Scrolling through comments I see players struggle with the mod supply system, me being one of them and because I do not know how the game works or better yet, its limitations I hope you don't find this thread as annoying or me being part of the pack who can't appreciate the work the team has put in(
Something those greedy and lying .... at CA should have had done in the first place not leave it to modders to fix their game.
)

Now regarding the supply system, assuming I have the correct loading order and there is no conflict from what I can understand in my mere 1 hour in this mod.
Whether there are 2 units in the army or 20/30/40 the supplies are used in the same speed, or simplified its 3 turns to reach 100 and opposite to 0 and starvation kicks in.

Now since I stated I do not know what exactly is possible to be implemented, please take into consideration the following(wishful thinking):

1. Increase the current system supply limit from 100 to x, or if 100 value is the maximum reduce the supply consumption and resupply effort to reflect the size of the army and the excess of food available in the faction.
1.1 If the above is acceptable, consider the generals bonuses in food production or we can call it "foraging" to further reduce the drain on the supply.

There is a mod that works for the base game and it has a funny name, but interesting approach "Dumb Supply System" - by Crepax80, the mad man actually named his mod dumb supply hah. https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2907981870 - Link to the mod.

2. Adding unit or units(upgradeable) that can extend the supply cycle, similarly to that other popular mod.
Historically from what little we know about that period of time, armies would either carry their own supplies, set up supply hubs, forage, loot or purchase from the whether friendly towns/villages and allies.
2.1 Naval unit that can serve as a resupply hub

I know the game is too broken and as I write this I realize I get more joy of fantasizing what this game could or should have been than actually playing it, but well here's hoping something will come up heh also the part where neutral or allied AI would casually decide to make your own territory their camping place bleeding your food surplus, thank you CA!

3. Capture supplies from defeated armies, keeping it short and simply as suggestions go since the ai cheats on about everything.

Since the game doesn't support individual units there is no need to ask for system where you could "order" supplies to be brought to the army(Napoleon & Empire unit recruitment style) but consider the following.

4. Redirection of surplus food to mitigate the supply consumption or to be able to completely support the army in question outside the borders
4.1 Losing efficiency & increased cost the further, longer, size of the army and army numbers are away from your borders.

Thank you,

Ninac
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
One thing I'd definitely suggest is that the raiding stance use much less supplies since the army would presumably be stealing supplies from the locals. Fortifying should also use a little less supplies than just wandering around, though not too much less.

With the system as it currently is, there's little to gain from raiding because you can only stick around for a couple of turns before having to run back to your own territory, and you can't do any sort of raiding from the sea as your troops will start dying off pretty quickly before you can get much income out of it or cause much damage to enemy public order.
Last edited by Metal Izanagi; 15 Feb @ 2:56pm
- in a client state and a sitrap's territory the players army should be regaining supplies.
- also we should be able to spend political points to reallocate supplies if needed.
- also perhaps be able to go to diplomacy and ask another faction to supply your army for you.
- raiding stance should mitigate the supply system, especially if your raiding a campaign space which an enemy is transporting supplies through.

i always try to create a client state empire and the way that the supply system is currently set up, i simply cannot do so. i don't want to play map painter 3.9beta.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50