Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition

Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition

Wars Of The Gods - Ancient Wars Mod Part 1 for Patch 20
stelionis 28 May, 2021 @ 9:36am
Pike phalanx and Hoplite wall very very strong
1 roman Principe unit kills 12, 1 macedon phalanx unit kills many many roman units. It is a big problem. I search a solution???
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
ToonTotalWar  [developer] 28 May, 2021 @ 11:36am 
increase the chevrons on the romans, train them up!!
ToonTotalWar  [developer] 28 May, 2021 @ 2:16pm 
Attack them with peltasts and javelin from the rear and also cavalry from the rear
BRAN MAC BORN 31 May, 2021 @ 3:16am 
Pikes work and it is now a problem? So pikes should be weak so you can win is that it? Who attacks pikes from the front?
The Caesar 3 Jun, 2021 @ 2:03pm 
I'd add to this, while on a set piece battle pikes are very OP, but rightly so. Both Hoplites and Pikes in seiges, while manning the walls no less, retain all of the OP states, so even if you use very heavy infantry you still end up getting destroyed like it was a set piece battle.

Basically, I think in seiges they should not be so OP, but in set piece battles they are fine :)
Sage 12 Aug, 2022 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by ToonTotalWar:
Attack them with peltasts and javelin from the rear and also cavalry from the rear
the problem is they have such broken stats compared to other infantry that when playing other factions even if you entirely surround a phalanx they will still wipe out all your cavalry and infantry and any city or town battle is a lost cause because of this
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50