Slay the Spire

Slay the Spire

The Exalted - NO LONGER SUPPORTED
Ascept  [developer] 25 Sep, 2019 @ 1:46am
Report Crashes and Bugs here
Everything seems to work perfectly fine until actual people start playing with it, so I'll try to fix things as fast as possible.

Keep in mind that certain things that may seem like unintended behaviour (Like exalted blade + elemental damage + stretch), following the Digital Extremes spirit, I chose to keep as core mechanics. No, don't call me lazy, it's not just broken, it's funny and broken..
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Rainy 25 Sep, 2019 @ 8:37am 
Fun character! Forma's card art looks fine as a normal card (at least in reward screen) but is small when right clicked to zoom in. Also the white and yellow text on cards with a light blue background can be tough to read.

Point Blank also doesn't mention it exhausts when previewing the card in deck/upgrade view, but it does say so when it's in your hand. Not sure if that's because there's too much text or if it's an omission.

There's some odd text on Body Count - "when you kill a monster" - maybe you mean non-minion enemy? Or just an enemy? It seems to work on minions too.

Relentless Combination also doesn't really have synergy because it draws a combo card after playing one, so the newly drawn combo card doesn't get the combo benefit. Is this intentional?

Exalted Cancel didn't retain in my hand, for some reason, even though it has the retain keyword.

The elemental status effects don't list their chance in the keyword, though they do on the status effect. Maybe add it to the keyword so we can make a more informed decision about card choice?

Archwing Launcher has a typo, it says gain "FLight" rather than Flight.
Rainy 25 Sep, 2019 @ 9:23am 
Also Continuity seems to be able to duplicate debuffs, and will do so sometimes instead of a buff. Feels bad man. It's duplicated the drawback of Thunderbolt and also 'Strength Down' from the Mutagenic Strength relic.
Ascept  [developer] 25 Sep, 2019 @ 11:02am 
Thanks for the feedback, I already spotted a bunch of the issues you mentioned, as well as a handful of crashes some friends helped me find, so expect fixes soon. Regarding bodycount, that's just because enemies are coded as "Monsters" and I had just that in mind when writting it, I will change the wording.

Exalted Cancel does retain for me, so I'm uncertain. Finally, the way Relentless Combination works is intended, so that it forces you to have at least 2 combo cards in hand to keep it going. I'm not too afraid of OP interactions, but that one was really too much when I tested it.
Rainy 26 Sep, 2019 @ 9:00am 
Combo does seem pretty OP if you have at least a couple cards, particularly getting the discount. Also, the starting relic doesn't really benefit the class until they pick up a power, and even then it isn't particularly good until you've got a bunch of powers. Presumably it's meant to synergise with the low cost/free ammo powers, but usually a class' starting relic gives them a benefit in every fight (see Ironclad/Silent/Defect) whereas this one is kind of a dud for a fair few fights.
Ascept  [developer] 26 Sep, 2019 @ 9:56am 
Yeah, it seems like both combo and elemental builds are rather OP. I defaulted to the stronger version of my card ideas since I rather make it overpowered at first and then take some steps back than make it too weak and having people abandon the character before really trying it. I'll have a balance update after I gather enough feedback.

About the relic, due to the nature of mods in warframe, the character is pretty power heavy and many of them can be innate, so I wanted to aleviate the fact that you hand may end up full of powers and no attacks/skills. I see your point, though, and I'll see what I can do to make the "Starter" relic, useful for, well, "Starting".
Ascept  [developer] 26 Sep, 2019 @ 9:57am 
also, I'll make a Feedback thread, because, why not? better keep things tidy.
Found a crash bug:

---------------
18:07:36.472 INFO basemod.BaseMod> publish on Player Damaged
18:07:36.473 ERROR core.CardCrawlGame> Exception caught
java.lang.ClassCastException: Bromod.characters.TheExalted cannot be cast to com.megacrit.cardcrawl.monsters.AbstractMonster
at Bromod.powers.BodyCountPower.onAttack(BodyCountPower.java:72) ~[Bromod.jar:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.characters.AbstractPlayer.damage(AbstractPlayer.java:1731) ~[?:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.actions.common.DamageAction.update(DamageAction.java:93) ~[desktop-1.0.jar:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.actions.GameActionManager.update(GameActionManager.java:155) ~[?:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.rooms.AbstractRoom.update(AbstractRoom.java:326) ~[?:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.rooms.EventRoom.update(EventRoom.java:28) ~[desktop-1.0.jar:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.dungeons.AbstractDungeon.update(AbstractDungeon.java:2494) ~[?:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.core.CardCrawlGame.update(CardCrawlGame.java:871) ~[?:?]
at com.megacrit.cardcrawl.core.CardCrawlGame.render(CardCrawlGame.java:422) [?:?]
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(LwjglApplication.java:225) [?:?]
at com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(LwjglApplication.java:126) [desktop-1.0.jar:?]
----------------------

Happened while facing two Orb Walkers at Act 3 (the Rare Relic event). I can give the full log file if it's needed too.
Also, a few other weird things I found (mostly typos):

* Stormbringer is missing a dot in the end of the description.

* Slow tooltip has in the description "(...)and their #slow increases(...)". Is missing a char to color the word?

* Seismic Wave has in the description "Loose your Flight". Should be "Lose your Flight."

* Toxic Barrage does not count as an Attack to remove Flight from Byrds, but is an Attack card.

Cool mod so far, I'm getting the feeling of the Exalted being a Rushdown character with varied options... but won't comment more since I haven't even finished a run yet : p
Last edited by Dungeon Explorer Levender; 26 Sep, 2019 @ 3:17pm
A bit more typos found:

* Archwing Launcher has the description text as "Gain 3 FLight.", should be "Gain 3 Flight.".
* Hornet Strike has the description text as "Deald 16 Damage.", should be "Deal 16 damage".
Last edited by Dungeon Explorer Levender; 26 Sep, 2019 @ 5:22pm
Ascept  [developer] 27 Sep, 2019 @ 1:55am 
Some of those issues (like that specific crash and some of the typos) should have been fixed in the latest update. I'll check toxic barrage, though. Thanks for the feedback!
heofthevoid1181 27 Sep, 2019 @ 8:22am 
There's a problem with thunderbolt, where if you have any other combo status effects (IE corrosive) it will stack blast infinitely forcing you to save and quit.
heofthevoid1181 27 Sep, 2019 @ 8:38am 
Actually it seems like a number of status effects are infinitely stacking.
Ascept  [developer] 27 Sep, 2019 @ 9:06am 
Gosh, that's a bad one, but never came across that. I'll try to replicate and find a fix. Combined element powers do not check for other powers (only heat, toxin, electricity and cold do that) so I'm not sure what's going on.
Ascept  [developer] 27 Sep, 2019 @ 9:25am 
Okay, so I'm not being able to reproduce the problem, when you talk about "infinitely stacking" you mean the power's effect applying infinitely to the enemy (infinite explosions) or infinitely stacking the power itself in your power bar (Having 999 Blast Power)?

If it's the first case, I know a possible cause. Those status effects occur whenever you deal "Normal" damage (Attack damage is normal damage, but damage from effects suchs as Thorns it's not. Silent's Envenom works the same), also, the status effects do not deal "Normal" damage because that would cause them to apply infinitely on enemies. So maybe you had something that was applying "Normal" damage after dealing other types of damage? Where you playing with other mods?
Khaesho 11 Oct, 2019 @ 10:08pm 
@Ascept So I'll give my best guess, but I just beat the fight that was crashing me, so I can't test that exact scenario anymore.

I THINK that the problem is related to the Lethal Torrent power. In this fight, I draw that card first turn, and every attempt the game would crash 5 or 10 turns in. On a hunch, I tried -not- playing Lethal Torrent, and the fight seemed to go just fine... but, I also crushed the boss really fast, so it's uncertain. The following details may be relevant.

I was fighting the Totem boss of The Jungle, alternate act two mod.

I had the Sandwich Relic from Spikes Relics, which causes the player to create draw an extra card and create a random card that costs 0 that turn. Perhaps Lethal torrent was attempting to play the randomly created card and things got weird from there?

Past that, the relics I have (while powerful) don't mess with my hand and aren't likely to crash anything... will continue the run and post again if I find something else interesting.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
Per page: 1530 50