Hearts of Iron IV

Hearts of Iron IV

Novum Vexillum
AI Nukes are unecessary
Seriously if any country goes to war with a nuclear power they immediately respond using nukes as an initial response. As a war veteran & geopolitical fan I cringe at how much this is wrong. Good luck!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
E. Wolfe  [developer] 27 Mar @ 3:06pm 
That's also a problem with the base game. However, you can disable nukes at the start of new games in this mod.
Deefligh 27 Mar @ 3:20pm 
It still drops nukes even after disabling them for me.

I even attempted to use a mod to disable them but nothing seems to work. =/ The US, UK and RUS continue to drop nukes
Wolfxe  [developer] 2 Apr @ 1:31pm 
Originally posted by Deefligh:
It still drops nukes even after disabling them for me.

I even attempted to use a mod to disable them but nothing seems to work. =/ The US, UK and RUS continue to drop nukes
You have to disabled them on game start, this removes the research. Personally I would remove nukes entirely as they're a terrible mechanic however some people like them.
Unfortunately, if you deactivate the nuclear weapons you can no longer build nuclear engines for the ships. Is this intentional or a mistake?
why do you guys not like that.its entirely plausible major countries would use at the very least a tactical nuke, Russia may do that even now! However I do see nations sticking to a mainly conventional war but it sounds like if you disable it at the start your chilling
Wolfxe  [developer] 7 May @ 5:08am 
Originally posted by TjWitDaGlizzy:
why do you guys not like that.its entirely plausible major countries would use at the very least a tactical nuke, Russia may do that even now! However I do see nations sticking to a mainly conventional war but it sounds like if you disable it at the start your chilling
Nukes are hard coded in hoi4, they work incredible poorly and that is why I hate them for the most part. The question of whether tactical nukes could be used is another thing but I also find it pretty doubtful, but hey maybe Russia will prove me wrong.
Wolfxe  [developer] 9 Sep @ 1:21am 
I have added a new nuke system for next update. This system uses a decision panel to manage nuke production so the ai can't spam nukes at game start. This update should be coming out within the next 1-2 weeks
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50