A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Shieldwall Overhaul: + THE POPULATION UPDATE
Driesmann 15 Jul, 2023 @ 3:36pm
Mod causes stutter on campaign map
So, years ago I noticed ToB has a persistent and rythmic stutter on the campaign map due to the UI, with the UI disabled frametimes are flat. Now, I had played many hours and hadn't actually noticed it, but for some reason it had become much worse at some point and I could not resolve it. I abandoned the game thereafter.

Upon reinstalling the game just now, I launched a vanilla campaign and huzah, the stutters were there but not really noticeable.

Then, I install Shieldwall and they are back :(
It's the only mod I activated. So apparently this mod worsens the stutters significantly. I looked up a let's play on YT to see if someone else had the same stutters, and indeed I noticed the same constant stutter.

I have no idea why this is the case or if it happens to everyone or if the mod team could even fix it. Just letting you know I singled out the overhaul as the cause of increased stutters than frankly make it unplayable to me. Very unfortunate because this improves the game tremendeously in every other aspect.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
caligero3000 4 Aug, 2023 @ 7:46pm 
Happens to me, as well. I just thought there was something wrong with my pc.
mcstud77 7 Aug, 2023 @ 10:30pm 
Happens to me too. I reached out about it awhile ago & the dev said there's not much that can be done for it, and I think that was the last time it was addressed

Unfortunate really, cuz it's otherwise such a great mod :/
Andy's Take 23 Sep, 2023 @ 6:46pm 
Yup, does indeed happen. TOB's chronic stutter and frametime issues are why I can't even consider returning to the game. Try moving the camera ever so slightly around the map, and then stop. You see the camera "snap" into place every single time, and it's driving me mad.
Yep, this is the same for me. I run in 60fps without this mod, but as soon as I enable it I drop quite a bit, even down to 40fps when viewing scotland. I installed this mod before I even played the game, so for a while I thought it was the game itself.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50