A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Shieldwall Overhaul: + THE POPULATION UPDATE
tree of gingers 26 Oct, 2021 @ 9:42pm
Crashing to desktop on Start Battle
I've been playing as Dyflin, but I'm not sure if that's related.

I'm pretty sure this only happens on battles where I deploy first (so I can't see the enemy units during deployment), and where the enemy would be revealed when I click Start Battle, because it doesn't crash if I can put my units back far enough where the enemy won't instantly be revealed.

It's happened reliably a bunch of times in a row on battles, so it should be easy to reproduce.

Also it seems to only happen on big battles with lots of units (like over 15 on the enemy side).

I'm running everything on ultra (except unit size, which is medium) so that might be related, although the rest of the time it runs perfectly.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
DrunkFlamingo  [developer] 27 Oct, 2021 @ 11:48am 
Thank you for the detailed report.

I'm recovering from a wrist injury but will try my best to find the cause of this when I return to modding.
tree of gingers 27 Oct, 2021 @ 9:15pm 
Hope your wrist gets better soon!
Smoe 2 Jan, 2022 @ 11:39am 
I have the same issue, has there been any progress in figuring this out? It's quite an annoying bug.
PlaceboTurtle 17 Jan, 2022 @ 1:33pm 
I also experienced this issue through my Mide campaign. My resolution if I was the one initiating to flee then initiate again. If defending flee then fight it if AI initiates again. Only other option is auto resolving but that can definitely ruin some match ups against the AI.
Nawaf 29 Jun, 2022 @ 10:43am 
I also have this problem with my Northumbrian campaign too. I can arrange my army in the pre-battle screen but when I press the "Start Battle" button it always crashes. Auto-res works just fine though.
wmslone 11 Jul, 2022 @ 2:55pm 
Same issue here, playing as Gwined. Fought my first battle against bandits fine, now I've got a bit of a larger army and I've marched to help Powys at Mathrafal against two Mercian stacks. They initiate, I deploy, hit "start battle" and then ctd. Kind of a crucial fight for me which I can't auto resolve, severely out numbered, and I can't flee because they can chase me down and I'll just be without my allies. Quite the bummer.
First&Only 1 Nov, 2022 @ 9:27pm 
Experiencing this same CTD as of today playing as Strat Clut.
I besiege a settlement for the 4 turns needed to initiate attrition and then they sallied out against me. I can arrange all my units and as soon as i click START BATTLE i get the crash.

Mods used (in load order) are

Better Camera
Shieldwall Variation Pack
Better Campaign camera
ToB Blood Mod
Shieldwall Overhaul
Bubble Boi 24 Nov, 2022 @ 5:11pm 
I've done some testing of this issue, and in my case the ctd only happens in large battles where the enemy army has a unit of two-handed axemen. Running a custom battle against an army with those units causes the crash, however replacing the two-handers with any other unit allows the battle to play out normally.
I have the same issue, are you considering fixing it? considering that the last update came out almost a year ago
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50