Imperator: Rome

Imperator: Rome

Gladio Et Sale
RivtalDM  [developer] 7 Jun, 2019 @ 7:26am
Compatibility
Adding a brief explanation on compatibility here, feel free to ask questions generally or about specific other mods.

Definitely Compatible:
* Any achievement-compatible mod will be strictly graphics/sound in nature and inherently compatible with GeS, these include mods such as No Fog and the NERO GFX mods

Load Order Important:
* Any mod that makes changes to game windows and UI generally MAY be compatible so long as it is placed in the load order BEFORE GeS, this includes things like Moveable Windows which will overwrite important aspects of religion UI if it loads after GeS.

Incompatible:
* Anything that changes the topbar will conceal access to the Encyclopedia (this includes any other mods changing the date display; GeS has included a method to change the date display since version 1)
* Mods which change the initial setup such as adding tags or changing province owners will conflict with new tags and culture changes
* Anything that changes only the province view or pop view windows
* Any other mods that add or change culture groups
* Any other mods that add or change buildings
Last edited by RivtalDM; 2 Jun, 2021 @ 5:00am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Splashngo 8 Aug, 2019 @ 7:52pm 
does this include these 2? meaning they're incompatible... i'm guessing yes, incompatible.

1.2 Cleaner Province UI
Icons for 1.2
RivtalDM  [developer] 9 Aug, 2019 @ 4:56am 
Originally posted by Splashngo:
does this include these 2? meaning they're incompatible... i'm guessing yes, incompatible.

1.2 Cleaner Province UI
Icons for 1.2

Cleaner province UI is definitely incompatible; Icons for 1.2 isn't strictly incompatible as the only reason I have files for the icons is to replace some (but not all) of those ugly 'default' symbols from Paradox. If you put Icons after GeS in the load order, it shouldn't create problems and will give you all the icons they have (which may be more than I have; haven't looked).
Plattfuss79 13 Nov, 2019 @ 10:30am 
pity, the mod looks good, but without the ui modpack you can not play this game. Already the indication of free construction places that comes through the ui mod is already essential. without ui mod you have to click and control each city individually to see where there is a free space, so it is with the slaves. So I ask you to install the ui mod pack here in this mod
Hi, I'm a veteran modder of other paradox games, and there's an easy way to make cultures compatible when you're only *adding* things, and that is simply to make the additions in a new file.

There have been compatibility edits to previous games, where a "00_blah.txt" could be overwritten without conflict, by adding a "blah" folder to the same location, with a "mod_blah.txt" with your edits inside.

Take, for example, Imperator:Barbaricum's germanic_00.txt edits, which only appear to add a 'cisrhenic' gulture.

This same edit can be accomplished by adding a "germanic" folder under common/cultures, and adding in a "Barbaricum_germanic.txt" with *only* the following text:

germanic = {
culture = {
cisrhenic = {}
}
}

Adds your culture, in the right group, without touching with anything else. No need to keep a copy of the 00_germanic.txt with this edit.

^Tested with the edits to Barbaricum while running Jozef's Authentic Germanic Names Pack. Attached is a screenshot of a character generated from the result.
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2071020379
Last edited by Perry7484 / Briantin de Montrei; 23 Apr, 2020 @ 3:40am
Bloodline+
Extended Events
Buildings+
Some of the units from historical Units
Sernie Banders 11 Jul, 2021 @ 2:43pm 
Do you know if Imperator: Invictus is compatible?
RivtalDM  [developer] 11 Jul, 2021 @ 3:07pm 
Originally posted by Striker8974:
Do you know if Imperator: Invictus is compatible?
If you load GeS second (so you get our setup files) I think most things will work. Unfortunately since the game is set up to only allow a single main setup file (which tells you which countries own what) load order becomes very important.

The Invictus team has eschewed trying to be compatible with the previously existing big mods so even if it does work I suspect it will not work forever.
Arizona Ranger 11 Sep, 2021 @ 1:39am 
Is this mod compatible with greater earth map? Or is that still not decided if its going to be made compatible?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50