Warframe

Warframe

Corpra Mesa
Lily ♥ 15 Apr, 2019 @ 7:24am
I like it but don't think it should be in Warframe
Even if it wasn't intentional, the helmet and hood is WAY too close to some of Destiny 2's Hunter helmets. It's objectively good work on the skin, but I think you (and/or DE) would be on thin ice if this actually made it into the game. Not only that, but I think Mesa with a hood is kind of stupid, her vibe is a gunslinger, not stealth.

If you drastically change the helmet and remove the hood I'm all for this, and I know you're talented enough to make a proper Corpus-looking Mesa helm, perhaps make the dangling ties on the back of her mask look like coolant tubes?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Stonehead 15 Apr, 2019 @ 7:34am 
Ghost in the shell: ???
Reygis 15 Apr, 2019 @ 9:09am 
Destiny doesn't have a monopoly on hoodies...
Iperflux 15 Apr, 2019 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by Reygis:
mah man
Lily ♥ 15 Apr, 2019 @ 1:02pm 

I didn't say it did.
-It's too close to Destiny 2's Hunters
-It has a hood.

Those are 2 separate reasons I don't think it should be in Warframe, not 2 parts of the same reason. I know English is a bit difficult sometimes but I'm sure if you try real hard you'll be able to get it someday.
Last edited by Lily ♥; 15 Apr, 2019 @ 1:03pm
Spark412 15 Apr, 2019 @ 1:53pm 
♥♥♥♥ opinion, therefore disregarded.
Skin better get in the game.
Last edited by Spark412; 15 Apr, 2019 @ 2:01pm
NyaNya:3 15 Apr, 2019 @ 7:25pm 
It being similar to Destiny or not is irrelevant. As long as there's no plagiarism and the skin fits with Warframe's aesthetic (this is pretty inline with the Corpus style) then the skin should be allowed. To say DE would be on thin ice just for this is the height of ridiculousness. EDIT: Also like the first poster mentioned, Ghost in the Shell did this kind of design decades ago so it's a non-issue.

As for my opinions, I like the skin a lot. Having a hoodie is an unusual choice for Mesa but that just makes me like it even more as it fits so well despite that. Almost like a Little Duck cosplay.

Tennogen that push the boundaries of what's allowed should be given great consideration, since it allows for more distinct customizations for players who can't get what they want just from the base aesthetics.
Last edited by NyaNya:3; 15 Apr, 2019 @ 7:31pm
Nemesia 16 Apr, 2019 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by LilyPaddington:

...I didn't say it did.
-It's too close to Destiny 2's Hunters
-It has a hood.

Those are 2 separate reasons I don't think it should be in Warframe...

Nekros and Harrow Graxx would like to show you their helmets. Along with Ivara.
Last edited by Nemesia; 16 Apr, 2019 @ 4:17am
🦄 lainverse 16 Apr, 2019 @ 6:33am 
Well, let's look at this from the different point of view.
Yes, she does look somewhat similar to Hunter from Destiny 2 with this skin (as well as Mira from old GitS). What is the problem with this? It isn't official skin. It is not a blatant rip-off or copy-paste from D2 since both cape and VR headset (or whatever it is) are completely different. They also not some random cape and helmet and fit one of the fractions in the game. Hunters in Destiny 2 have metric f-tonn of various helmets. Should we avoid similarity with every single one of them? As long as it isn't a blatant rip-off (and it is not, neither is Mesa herself) EA can't do a thing about it.
Last edited by 🦄 lainverse; 16 Apr, 2019 @ 6:37am
V.V. 16 Apr, 2019 @ 4:20pm 
And Destiny looks like a Star Wars ripoff. Who cares.
Cap'n MacHaddish 18 Apr, 2019 @ 2:21pm 
It looks like Destiny? That's a plus in my book!
Vhadros Theveguis 20 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32am 
The thing about Hunters in the Destiny franchise is that they sport capes alongside their hoods. In fact, the Hood and Cape are one and the same in terms of equipment slots.
I honestly love this skin, even if you guys think it looks Destiny-ish... I mean I'm a Warlock main but that's irrelevant.
Dirigible 20 Apr, 2019 @ 3:31am 
Christ, what even is this? "I think you (and/or DE) would be on thin ice if this actually made it into the game"? What the hell lol

Bungie didn't copyright hoods and masks
She reminds me Little Duck. Oh wait, did she too plagiated Destiny?
Nokt 20 Apr, 2019 @ 6:52am 
Yes.
It.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
should.
Sqrunkle 20 Apr, 2019 @ 7:34am 
1st: we have hoods. hoods are not exclusive to stealth and never were. if you think hoods imply stealth then you'd be better off re-making your concept of stealth.

2nd: destiny 2 has a helmet that looks like it. and? who cares? it's a vr goggle and a hood, you can't claim that as IP. you can't sue someone over a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ xbox in a hood.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Per page: 1530 50