Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Drops Reset Countdown
Furry Eskimo 25 Jul, 2020 @ 6:44pm
Error in file, can't delete
This is workshop-1688661034, yes? I was told your app needed to update, and I did so, but then there appeared a file in my mods file which was broken. I tried updating it, but no good. I unsubscribed and resubscribed, to no avail. I tried deleting the file manually and can't do it, even with admin privileges. What happened?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Furry Eskimo 27 Jul, 2020 @ 1:37pm 
I exited out of Steam, restarted my PC, ran Steam as an admin, and my mod problem was fixed, but it seems that Steam forcibly unsubscribed me from your mod. Hopefully the issue is gone now.
Instant Noodles  [developer] 7 Aug, 2020 @ 1:50pm 
Hi there, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I did not see this thread til now. I am not aware of any issues caused by the latest version (0.20i) of the mod. But, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.

Going by just your description, it sounds like Steam ran into an issue when trying to update the mod to the latest version and perhaps corrupted one or more of the mod files during the download.

DST actually caches mods (in the "<Steam Directory>\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\cached_mods" folder), so the game was potentially restoring a corrupted/bad version of the mod when you unsubscribed and resubscribed without first exiting Steam.

However, I can not be certain of the reason without seeing your log file. If you still have it, can you provide the client_log.txt file from when the mod crashed? Or additional information on what the error message stated? Thanks.
Last edited by Instant Noodles; 7 Aug, 2020 @ 1:52pm
Furry Eskimo 7 Aug, 2020 @ 2:02pm 
I left this thread here just incase it happened to anyone else. It did indeed seem to be an issue with Steam, and likely not your mod.
I've been testing my own mod as of late, so any errors in my log file from that crash are likely buried under a mountain of code from what I've been doing, sorry. ^-^"
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50