Don't Starve Together

Pick-up filters [client]
Skrzelik  [developer] 27 Dec, 2018 @ 8:06am
Suggestions
If you have a sugestion about the mod, post it here
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
X-lem 31 Dec, 2018 @ 11:16am 
I would love to see an option to "don't pick up event items." When you farm spiders and bunnies they drop a ton of Christmas and Halloween goodies. Or when giving trinkets to Pig King and I just want to pick up the gold and avoid the event items.
Skrzelik  [developer] 31 Dec, 2018 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by X-lem:
I would love to see an option to "don't pick up event items." When you farm spiders and bunnies they drop a ton of Christmas and Halloween goodies. Or when giving trinkets to Pig King and I just want to pick up the gold and avoid the event items.
Right now I'm working on an option to add ANY item to a blacklist / whitelist. The chances are by the time I finish the event will be already over, but you can expect that to come in the future update
Last edited by Skrzelik; 31 Dec, 2018 @ 11:21am
eZeth 1 Jan, 2019 @ 8:04am 
Originally posted by Skrzelik:
Right now I'm working on an option to add ANY item to a blacklist / whitelist. The chances are by the time I finish the event will be already over, but you can expect that to come in the future update
Need any help?
Skrzelik  [developer] 1 Jan, 2019 @ 9:07am 
Originally posted by eZeth:
Need any help?
Gonna have the working system with "press button to add/remove from blacklist/whitelist" by tomorrow, but if you know how to make some Gui, like the one in geometric placement, I could use a hand
Last edited by Skrzelik; 1 Jan, 2019 @ 9:37am
eZeth 1 Jan, 2019 @ 3:33pm 
Need any help?
Gonna have the working system with "press button to add/remove from blacklist/whitelist" by tomorrow, but if you know how to make some Gui, like the one in geometric placement, I could use a hand
Well wow. That's a huge hurdle. Then I'm going to research on it first then and see if I could.
Skrzelik  [developer] 1 Jan, 2019 @ 3:39pm 
Well wow. That's a huge hurdle. Then I'm going to research on it first then and see if I could.
If you never done anything like that, no need to bother, I will figure it eventually by looking at other mods, and all the assets for buttons should be already in game, it's only matter of figuring how to draw this on screen
big guy larry 27 Mar, 2019 @ 2:04am 
why black list or whitelist not working
Skrzelik  [developer] 27 Mar, 2019 @ 9:00am 
Originally posted by 1927PEACHROCKER:
why black list or whitelist not working
I just tested it and it works fine for me even with some bigger mods. To use the black/white list place an item on the ground, point at it with your mouse and press the key you chose in options. If it still doesn't work please contact me so I can lok more into it
Jeffin UwU 28 Aug, 2019 @ 5:58am 
This mod it's perfect to me, but I think... If you put on servers, this mod will end with the "DON'T PICK TH FLOWERS" and put a interface in game to alow players to pick or reprout, itens if was don't pick up and only admins are alow to change and go for the laws, but autochange your laws are allowed
Skrzelik  [developer] 28 Aug, 2019 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by Jeffeson Sem R:
This mod it's perfect to me, but I think... If you put on servers, this mod will end with the "DON'T PICK TH FLOWERS" and put a interface in game to alow players to pick or reprout, itens if was don't pick up and only admins are alow to change and go for the laws, but autochange your laws are allowed
As much as I would like to do this, the pickup order is strictly client side and putting it on the server causes all sorts of problems. I tried to do that but it was either completly overwritting client picking, causing desyncs or crashing the game. And even if that could work, perhaps some other mod may want to modify that mechanic and making the mod server side would again cause conflicts. Another thing is I want to keep this mod client side so making a copy of this mod for the server would be problematic for those using the client only one.

Long story short, I tried that but it wasn't working like I'd wish it did.
Jeffin UwU 9 Sep, 2019 @ 11:21am 
Originally posted by Jeffeson Sem R:
As much as I would like to do this, the pickup order is strictly client side and putting it on the server causes all sorts of problems. I tried to do that but it was either completly overwritting client picking, causing desyncs or crashing the game. And even if that could work, perhaps some other mod may want to modify that mechanic and making the mod server side would again cause conflicts. Another thing is I want to keep this mod client side so making a copy of this mod for the server would be problematic for those using the client only one.

Long story short, I tried that but it wasn't working like I'd wish it did.
Sure I understand, I would like to help but my knowledge with programming is basic, very basic
Shiya64 21 Jan, 2021 @ 8:08pm 
Any chance of gamepad/controller support?

ie "A" or "X" button instead of space bar?
Skrzelik  [developer] 22 Jan, 2021 @ 5:25am 
Originally posted by Shiya64:
Any chance of gamepad/controller support?

ie "A" or "X" button instead of space bar?

Just change the Action key in the Dont Starve (general ones, not from the mod) options. The mod should work with whatever they key is, wether its keyboard or controller.

If you mean adding controller keybindings for the mod, I tried but I'm not sure if you can do that with Lua.
Shiya64 23 Jan, 2021 @ 10:39am 
Ah, okay! Thank you for the info! I'll try that. I'm used to the game not letting me use controller as well as keyboard keys despite me trying them. (why they don't allow it when most games do is beyond me but whatever)
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50