RimWorld

RimWorld

Combat Extended Guns
Tay 10 Apr, 2020 @ 4:33pm
M24 sniper rifle is worse in *every* aspect and even more expensive than the SVD sniper rifle
From a gameplay point of view there is no reason to ever build a M24 since it is much worse (lower accuracy, lower cadence, same damage per bullet, heavier) and is significantly more expensive than the SVD. Also they are unlocked simulataneously with precision rifling. I don't see the point to even include the M24 into the mod.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Tay 10 Apr, 2020 @ 5:02pm 
The same seems to be the case for M60 and PKM Heavy machine guns. Although the difference is not that extreme, it doesn't actually make sense to build the heavier and slightly more expensive M60 only to end up with virtually the same specs as the PKM.

It seems like the devs added a Sowjet and US version of every weapon but than favoured one over the other. Personally I don't care about which weapns are actually better in reality, especially since rimworld is about sci-fi fanatsy survival and not a cold war simulater.

So there is no point having sowjet and nato style weapons for the same classes neither from roleplaying perspective nor from a gameplay perspective, specifically if one dominates the other in every aspect.
cyboogie king 17 Apr, 2020 @ 3:36pm 
All the guns are way too op compared to vanilla. RPG removes the challenges in raids
mc_meiler 28 Apr, 2020 @ 4:38am 
Originally posted by tymur999:
All the guns are way too op compared to vanilla. RPG removes the challenges in raids
good luck fighting centipedes without AT lol
Acid 6 Jul, 2020 @ 7:37am 
also enjoy getting rpg'd by 1 dude and losing your best 3 colonists if you play in something like a tropical rainforest and don't notice the dude.
mc_meiler 9 Jul, 2020 @ 9:03pm 
never saw an ai use an rpg lol.
Tardo The Ass-Monkey 1 Aug, 2020 @ 10:25pm 
Originally posted by mc_meiler:
never saw an ai use an rpg lol.
I have. Literally watched a visitor pull out an RPG and blow up himself and his two friends while trying to kill a Guinea Pig.
Wiktor2807 16 Aug, 2020 @ 11:22am 
Originally posted by Phil:
The same seems to be the case for M60 and PKM Heavy machine guns. Although the difference is not that extreme, it doesn't actually make sense to build the heavier and slightly more expensive M60 only to end up with virtually the same specs as the PKM.

It seems like the devs added a Sowjet and US version of every weapon but than favoured one over the other. Personally I don't care about which weapns are actually better in reality, especially since rimworld is about sci-fi fanatsy survival and not a cold war simulater.

So there is no point having sowjet and nato style weapons for the same classes neither from roleplaying perspective nor from a gameplay perspective, specifically if one dominates the other in every aspect.
PKM is better than m60... dudes its higer caliber
Wiktor2807 22 Aug, 2020 @ 6:00am 
are they?
Well depends on what it meant "better" irl... cheaper ammo, easier construction,
DisKorruptd 30 Aug, 2020 @ 10:57pm 
Originally posted by AcidandAkali:
also enjoy getting rpg'd by 1 dude and losing your best 3 colonists if you play in something like a tropical rainforest and don't notice the dude.
it helps to not pack all your people together
Mask of Humble 3 Nov, 2020 @ 10:05pm 
I like to use the RPD, in the hands of a skilled shooter, its accurate, hits well and has decent results with the standard FMJ, tho I do keep some AP on them just in case, also I'm not sure what mod adds it, but there are tier 2 bullets like AP-I, Sabot and HE/AP-HE for the larger guns, the AP-HE on the AM rifle is just insane, kills the target in one hit and almost downs anyone to close to them, then use a AP or Sabot round and you can pen anything in the game, even the OP alpha animal mechs.

Edit: also gear is very useful too, the militarty beret paired with either the ballistic goggles or night vision can really help out too, I noticed even with my 10 shooting skill pawns, they where missing even with things with high acc, after putting the goggles and beret on they started hitting more often.
Last edited by Mask of Humble; 3 Nov, 2020 @ 11:25pm
Wiktor2807 4 Nov, 2020 @ 9:50am 
Originally posted by Omnium Rerum:
I like to use the RPD, in the hands of a skilled shooter, its accurate, hits well and has decent results with the standard FMJ, tho I do keep some AP on them just in case, also I'm not sure what mod adds it, but there are tier 2 bullets like AP-I, Sabot and HE/AP-HE for the larger guns, the AP-HE on the AM rifle is just insane, kills the target in one hit and almost downs anyone to close to them, then use a AP or Sabot round and you can pen anything in the game, even the OP alpha animal mechs.

Edit: also gear is very useful too, the militarty beret paired with either the ballistic goggles or night vision can really help out too, I noticed even with my 10 shooting skill pawns, they where missing even with things with high acc, after putting the goggles and beret on they started hitting more often.

lso I'm not sure what mod adds it, but there are tier 2 bullets like AP-I, Sabot and HE/AP-HE?'This mod mate... virtually every calliber has them, not just the big ines
Magic Misha 6 Dec, 2020 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by Wiktor2807:
Originally posted by Phil:

I don't want to be 'that guy' but if you would know anything about firearms is that both the pkm and m60 use a similar caliber m60 is chambered in 7.62x51 nato and pkm is chambered in 7.62x54r which in general purpose has the exact same performance as the before mentioned 7.62x51 nato so both shouldn't be much different.
Wiktor2807 8 Dec, 2020 @ 2:02am 
Originally posted by Terminators deployed:

I don't want to be 'that guy' but if you would know anything about firearms is that both the pkm and m60 use a similar caliber m60 is chambered in 7.62x51 nato and pkm is chambered in 7.62x54r which in general purpose has the exact same performance as the before mentioned 7.62x51 nato so both shouldn't be much different.
Well... they are slightly bigger, and in terms of video game damage... bogger is better
Wiktor2807 8 Dec, 2020 @ 2:06am 
im just looking it up and damn,... i never realised 7,62x54 is bigger than a 308.
Last edited by Wiktor2807; 8 Dec, 2020 @ 2:08am
Magic Misha 8 Dec, 2020 @ 2:20am 
Originally posted by Terminators deployed:

Well... they are slightly bigger, and in terms of video game damage... bogger is better
Thats the thing the shouldn't be much better as mentioned above by me the performance so therefore damage shouldn't be much different.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50