RimWorld

RimWorld

Desynchronized: Tales and News (v2.0.0)
Vectorial1024  [developer] 30 Nov, 2018 @ 5:32am
Feature Suggestions
Suggest new features that can fit into this mod here!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
MoobyNooby 30 Nov, 2018 @ 6:19pm 
When I was attempting to work on this, one of the solutions I decided on was to remove the 'pawn died' debuff, but keep any debuffs for family, figuring that (1) it provided less work for me, and (2) family members could be writing letters or using phone/ radio to get in touch and (3) it would be easier for a pawn to say a fellow colonist or friend stopped contact willingly, and would be more likely to assume foul play if a family member was never seen again. If you wanted to get real in depth, you could replace mood debuff rather than removing them entirely. For example, instead of the friend died debuff, you could give a friend missing debuff. This may not be as important, as these debuffs might end up being trivial anyway. These are just some thoughts on where I was going with it, do what you will :)
Last edited by MoobyNooby; 30 Nov, 2018 @ 6:23pm
probably, it would be nice to have some signal blocker device to prevent spreading the information. in case if distant colonies have some kind of radio. on the other hand, it would be also pretty reasonable to have a radio-transmitter with the options of the censorship (having none, all information would be blocked by default).
Vectorial1024  [developer] 10 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00pm 
Originally posted by тетеря, блин:
probably, it would be nice to have some signal blocker device to prevent spreading the information. in case if distant colonies have some kind of radio. on the other hand, it would be also pretty reasonable to have a radio-transmitter with the options of the censorship (having none, all information would be blocked by default).
I am actually considering modifying the Comms Console into some comms device for this mod. But nothing is final yet, so let's just see.
it would be great if pawns could share news only when they meet each other (about harvesting organs, for example). player, however, could choose whether specific information is forbiden or not. also, would be nice if pawns inclined to gossip here and there could ignore player's rule from time to time.
Vectorial1024  [developer] 20 Dec, 2018 @ 3:22am 
it would be great if pawns could share news only when they meet each other (about harvesting organs, for example). player, however, could choose whether specific information is forbiden or not. also, would be nice if pawns inclined to gossip here and there could ignore player's rule from time to time.
I already planned to give Pawns a 2% chance to spread information when they interact, but alas, the system to keep track of what the Pawns know is not ready yet.
Interesting suggestion of Pawns gossiping about things that is not controllable by the player! Gonna add that feature into my work list.
saw you updated the mod and the changes related with prisoners. does it work okay with Prison Labor?
Vectorial1024  [developer] 21 Dec, 2018 @ 9:19am 
saw you updated the mod and the changes related with prisoners. does it work okay with Prison Labor?
In first glance of their GitHub source, I'd say there should be no problems.

What I did in v1.2.1 was to add in a short -3 debuff for banishing a prisoner. While I was fiddling around with my other test cases, I tried to banish a prisoner, and he immediately turned hostile (he belonged to a hostile faction tho), and promtly attacked other prisoners, even hitting the walls. Then I thought "well colonists should feel a bit worried about this" and added that in.

(But I doubt anyone would want to banish a prisoner in the first place anyways so yeah XD)
Benz10wheel 25 Jun, 2019 @ 5:16am 
Would it be possible when attacking pawn from another faction and not trigger the faction to turn aggressive toward you until any of the pawn in the group to successfully leave the map alive? i would love to role play as bandit ambushing passing travelers (without getting caught thats it) :D. But a loose mouth pawn in your colony might eventually slip out the news anyway and finally reduce that faction good will.
Last edited by Benz10wheel; 25 Jun, 2019 @ 5:19am
Vectorial1024  [developer] 25 Jun, 2019 @ 9:22am 
Localized "aggro"! The other game I had been playing a while ago (X4 btw) had this feature

Haven't thought about that before. Seems difficult judging from its surface, but who knows.

Imma add this to the list of development items
Benz10wheel 28 Jun, 2019 @ 10:41pm 
From what I see in this mod you keep track of what each pawn(colonist only) know.

How about also make record for pawns that visit the map and once they left the map(alive).
(you can delete the record so it doesn't bloat the data).
This includes pawns from other faction happen to be on your map while you commit the crime!

Those incident that was deleted after they left the map will instead have a chance to appear on global news which will then take effect on other factions.

Increased chance to spread = Victims of the attack, Pawn from the same faction or allied with victim, Pawn's traits.

Decreased chance to spread = Pawn's health state when they left the map (almost dying pawn might not survive to tell their comrades), Pawn's trait.

Pawn died > captured > attacked > social fight. In order of severity
Relation to pawn's faction decrease, relation to pawn's allied faction slightly decrease, slightly improve relation with faction hostile to pawn' faction.

Pawn Rescued
Relation to pawn's faction improve (alredy in vanilla), relation to pawn's allied faction slightly improved, slightly decrease relation with faction hostile to pawn' faction(at lowered chance since you are pawn benefactor).

This might be too complicate though but its just a suggestion hehe
Vectorial1024  [developer] 29 Jun, 2019 @ 3:24am 
Nothing is too complicated, just that we need to take many small steps to reach our goal.

The "colonist-only" UI is but an illusion. Everyone can know news. Just that, using vanilla stuff, I can only show to you that colonists know news; can't show that guests know news (but they really know news! Remember that).

(Hey, you kind of reminded me that the Hospitality mod contains a "guest list" feature. I think I can use that in the future.)

So, we will first need to make Factions a valid recipient of tale-news (currently only Pawns can receive news) then everything will suddenly click into place. But this will be some severe change to the underlying programming, so it won't happen soon. For now, I will continue with the event types/news types though.

Just taking a break with all the chaos and the G20 going on, and I also got myself some short-term project going on.

EDIT: "Chaos" refers to the relative instability in HK, and my side project has nothing to do with G20
Last edited by Vectorial1024; 29 Jun, 2019 @ 3:30am
Benz10wheel 29 Jun, 2019 @ 7:33am 
No worries, just take your time when your inspiration kicks in :steamhappy: and umm hope situation in HK get better.
K'Braid 18 Jul, 2019 @ 6:39am 
do you think you could add compatability with RuntimeCG to allow the list of news to be sweeped?
Vectorial1024  [developer] 18 Jul, 2019 @ 6:42am 
Originally posted by K'Braid:
do you think you could add compatability with RuntimeCG to allow the list of news to be sweeped?
Well, currently, whenever the news importance score drops low enough that everyone forgets about it, the tale-news will be cleaned by the game. Just that this may take some time for some tale-news (e.g. your colony leader died vs chicken 134 died)

No need to add in additional feature to clean tale-news because our existing system is doing it automatically (albeit slightly slowly).
Erik McAwful 6 Sep, 2019 @ 3:42am 
I'd suggest changing the text "Dsnchrnzd" on the bottom button into "Rumors". It's a terrible eyesore in its current state. :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50