Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

New World Colony Names
Benito 5 Jul, 2018 @ 11:40pm
bug report
Hi I’m on my phone and I couldn’t comment so I started this thread, maybe others can use it in the future 🙂
I have a bug, almost all of the map, including the sea zones and new world provinces get discovered by everyone in April 1462.
I reckon it’s a bug because I’m also running extended timeline, even though I’ve the compatibility thing you showed in your video. This has never happened before while running only extended timeline. I think it’s worth mentioning that I also have a bug with extended time, where at least one province in both continents in new world and one in Australia (Wudjari) is discovered by everyone at the beginning of the game (1444)
Last edited by Benito; 5 Jul, 2018 @ 11:42pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Benito 5 Jul, 2018 @ 11:41pm 
https://imgur.com/a/P7L0x78 sorry for bad quality :p
Cwrwi  [developer] 6 Jul, 2018 @ 11:33am 
Thank you for bug report. Can I ask what your checksum is? Could you also please make a save now in case I need the file later. I will add you to discuss through chat :)
Benito 7 Jul, 2018 @ 8:04am 
checksum is 39a3, I have a save file on the date that the "Discovery" happened. where would you like me to upload it to ?
Cwrwi  [developer] 7 Jul, 2018 @ 8:11am 
Checksum 39a3 means the mod is not enabled- did you read that from the launcher or the main menu of the game? The launcher one is always calculated without mods.
Benito 8 Jul, 2018 @ 10:50pm 
It’s 9d8d :)
Cwrwi  [developer] 10 Jul, 2018 @ 11:28am 
I've tried to recreate this issue and I just can't. I'm 98.5% sure that it's not a bug with New World Colony Names, because none of the files that affect discovery are changed. Are you sure you've followed the video exactly, especially the bit about deleting the colonial_regions folder? That can make ET go haywire if left in and might explain it, but given the very specific nature of your bug report and the fact that other tell-tale signs (colonial regions appearing almost randomly all over the world) don't feature I am assuming you have.

To be sure, is the only folder in aanwdpn/common called province_names?
Benito 11 Jul, 2018 @ 2:23am 
Yes, its the only folder. I also assumed that its a bug within ET. I've reported it to them, hopfully they'll fix it soon :)
(its doesn't bother me that much anyway) thanks :D
Cwrwi  [developer] 11 Jul, 2018 @ 4:29am 
That's probably the best course of action- as I say, I can't think of any way that NWCN could cause this bug and I've not been able to recreate it here. Sorry not to have been of more help and I hope it's resolved for you soon!
Benito 16 Jul, 2018 @ 8:10am 
Just out of curiosity, will you be adding names for non European cultures too ? I often play as Japan and colonise Australia New Zealand and east America. I know it’s hard but it’d be cool :)
Cwrwi  [developer] 16 Jul, 2018 @ 12:06pm 
No culture is off limits- in a perfect world every old world culture, from Norwegian to Kongolese to Japanese would be added. However, new cultures can only be added either with help from other users (which has already produced much of the mod you see today) or very, very slowly. If you have any knowledge of any language that doesn't currently have a list, let me know!
Bradeurs 15 Nov, 2019 @ 9:44am 
Getting a couple of names like this in the new version: https://i.imgur.com/2xQivbH.jpg
Cwrwi  [developer] 16 Nov, 2019 @ 12:51pm 
@Bradeurs thank you for the report. Which other mods are you running?
Bradeurs 18 Nov, 2019 @ 9:38am 
@Cwrwi A number of other mods, though I dont think thats the cause since I managed to fix it locally by just removing the "_nwcn" from the localisation in the files.
Sven 27 Jun, 2020 @ 4:10pm 
Having the issue of, the mod keeps stating its "missing descriptor file"
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50