Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The Boston Boarder
How fast are you on the skateboard?
My one issue with moving taunts that propel you forwards as opposed to staying in a general area would be if you're moving too fast. It probably isn't going to be a problem but I'm wondering how fast scout is while riding? While I like the idea of giving scout a skateboard I'm not entirely sure if you should let him move faster than a 'cruising' speed (slightly faster than the bumper cars imo)

Just throwing in my 2 cents
Last edited by numpty flumpkins; 12 Apr, 2018 @ 7:19pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 60 comments
Pompous 12 Apr, 2018 @ 7:45pm 
Probably as fast as conga
revi 12 Apr, 2018 @ 7:45pm 
maybe the same speed as a conga or so
Pompous 12 Apr, 2018 @ 7:48pm 
I hope it's a moving taunt and hopes you just don't skate on an invisible moving treadmill like an idiot
Hypo  [developer] 12 Apr, 2018 @ 7:50pm 
There are taunts much faster than the conga. It is animated at around the same speed as the bumper cars/jackhammer/zoomin broom/ skating scorcher taunts so it will probably be around that speed.
YO BROOOOO I HAVE BEEN STRAIGHT UP NEEEEEEEEEDING A SCOUT SKATEBOARDER TAUNT LIKE HOLY CRAP THIS NEEDS TO MAKE IT INTO THE GAME!!!:steamhappy:
Pootis Birb 12 Apr, 2018 @ 11:43pm 
Poot?
Space Cowboy 13 Apr, 2018 @ 12:04am 
Woot?
numpty flumpkins 13 Apr, 2018 @ 1:36am 
Originally posted by Hypo:
There are taunts much faster than the conga. It is animated at around the same speed as the bumper cars/jackhammer/zoomin broom/ skating scorcher taunts so it will probably be around that speed.
That's great, I'd love to see this in game! I hope it makes it
Razorkiller 13 Apr, 2018 @ 7:16am 
I still think it should be a little bit faster. Like, at least decent enough that the animation would fit in.
Cause I don't think in real life you would be skateboarding this slow.
DDDog 13 Apr, 2018 @ 7:58am 
I feel it should at least be as fast as zoomin broomin.
Pepsi Lime 13 Apr, 2018 @ 11:04am 
Maybe just a little slower than scouts normal speed, so it's still slower than walking but looks cooler. Gives no advantage.
It has to be a little faster than the bumpercar taunt but slower than the scouts overall running speed
Last edited by Okay, Alright, Who; 13 Apr, 2018 @ 6:14pm
Google Cowdog 13 Apr, 2018 @ 6:17pm 
if this gets in (which I hope it does) I'll be sure to pick one up
DragShot 13 Apr, 2018 @ 9:44pm 
I, for once, hope this taunt lets you move around just as fast as you would go on your feet (weapon movement speed penalties/buffs included). Just imagine a squad of Scouts, rushing to the battlefield riding on skateboards. Wouldn't that be cool?
Put your grasses on 13 Apr, 2018 @ 10:00pm 
Make speed as walking heavy or soldier
< >
Showing 1-15 of 60 comments
Per page: 1530 50