Starbound

Starbound

Vanta Race
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 3 Apr, 2018 @ 9:16pm
Suggestions Thread
Have an idea that you want to see for this mod? Discuss it here! (Keep it friendly, please!)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 3 Apr, 2018 @ 9:25pm 
Hello everyone!

I had a few thoughts for the direction of this mod in order to get it to what could be considered a "full" release. One thing I'm seriously thinking about overhauling is some of the lore/codices, though I don't want to go TOO off-track with its origins (since I'm not the original creator).

Another idea I had was additional ship tiers when I have time to sit down and plan new layouts, as well as a custom intro mission, which will take more time until I understand how Lua works a little better.

And in regards to more general content, I plan on making new clothing sets and more custom/upgrade-able weapons.

I'm holding off suggestions for custom biomes/star types for the time being, but I will definitely take a look into that in the future!
Thicky-Nicki 10 Apr, 2018 @ 8:45pm 
So I haven't got the chance to try out the mod yet. But are you planning on adding more hairstyle options??? OR have you already done this?

(Edit Reply - Nice! Keep upt he good work! B^) love the mod!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Thicky-Nicki; 12 Apr, 2018 @ 10:49pm
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 11 Apr, 2018 @ 4:36pm 
Originally posted by Yan-Deer-Chan:
So I haven't got the chance to try out the mod yet. But are you planning on adding more hairstyle options??? OR have you already done this?

It'll take me some time to get into spriting again, but I DO plan to have some more unique styles for the Nightars.
Orifice Horus 28 Apr, 2018 @ 7:15pm 
Perhaps some custom mechs and mech weapons?
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 1 May, 2018 @ 8:07pm 
Originally posted by F1NAL13:
Perhaps some custom mechs and mech weapons?

Once I get some other things straightened out, I'll definitely look into it!
Zachriel 12 May, 2018 @ 7:24am 
are you planning to give a cultural refrence for the Nightar? like how the hylot are Japanese asthtic, or the Avali having a native american like vibe? because the Nightar seems to focus on the medieval era similar to the glitch
Alu 13 May, 2018 @ 5:28pm 
Would it be possible to see some different hair colors for the Nightar? Not sure if that'd break the lore put in place or what you had in mind for them, but I think a Nightar would look bomb as hell with some black hair.
Last edited by Alu; 13 May, 2018 @ 5:28pm
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 14 May, 2018 @ 2:18am 
Originally posted by Slav King:
are you planning to give a cultural refrence for the Nightar? like how the hylot are Japanese asthtic, or the Avali having a native american like vibe? because the Nightar seems to focus on the medieval era similar to the glitch

The Medieval feel was carried over from the original author's incarnation of it; I plan on adding more codex entries outside of the default and mission pick-ups to help expand the typical culture of the Nightars.

Originally posted by Aldren:
Would it be possible to see some different hair colors for the Nightar? Not sure if that'd break the lore put in place or what you had in mind for them, but I think a Nightar would look bomb as hell with some black hair.

This can be done rather easily and will probably be pushed out in the next update (when I can actually get to it again, LOL)
I feel like A gothic feel would go great here, a high-tech gothic
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 12 Jun, 2018 @ 1:22am 
Originally posted by (Reverend) Zeldafan:
I feel like A gothic feel would go great here, a high-tech gothic

Coincidentally, Starbound already has gothic-themed objects. On a side note: Doctor Steel FTW!
ѕaιnт apollyon 10 May, 2020 @ 2:51pm 
Could you maybe make something like a patch that makes it so that all the normal stances are available? Like I get what you were probably going for, trying to make them more stern/uniform, but it really just messes with my whole mojo. It also makes it so that other mods that add personalities don't work-
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 10 May, 2020 @ 3:34pm 
Originally posted by ѕaιnт apollyon:
Could you maybe make something like a patch that makes it so that all the normal stances are available? Like I get what you were probably going for, trying to make them more stern/uniform, but it really just messes with my whole mojo. It also makes it so that other mods that add personalities don't work-

That's because the Vanta in particular use their own humanoid configuration. I actually intended to leave that out because I was trying to find a way to remove the general player glow from just them (kinda like how FU does, but without affecting EVERYTHING). I guess I forgot to remove it, but I'll take it out next patch.
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 25 May, 2020 @ 11:26am 
Originally posted by ѕaιnт apollyon:

Okay, after looking back through the custom humanoid config for the Vanta, I realized why I did that in the first place: it's because I used a recolored version of the death animation for them, which is done through the standard humanoid config file. I'll have a patch file uploaded on the SB Official forums for other modders to use.
Texas Redhawk 1 Jan, 2022 @ 2:43pm 
Have you considered using the Racial Description Batch Editor to make an Objects+-style patch giving Vanta scan descriptions for vanilla objects? The tool can be found on the official forums here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/hey-race-modders-a-little-something-to-use-for-racial-descriptions.136135/
Last edited by Texas Redhawk; 1 Jan, 2022 @ 2:44pm
AbsoluteXeroEX  [developer] 9 Jan, 2022 @ 9:38pm 
Originally posted by Texas Redhawk:
Have you considered using the Racial Description Batch Editor to make an Objects+-style patch giving Vanta scan descriptions for vanilla objects? The tool can be found on the official forums here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/hey-race-modders-a-little-something-to-use-for-racial-descriptions.136135/

I'd considered it for a while, yeah. Still considering it, actually.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50