Starbound

Starbound

WTM (WTM Teleporter Mod) v3.3
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Soblow  [developer] 14 Jan, 2018 @ 10:23am
Feature request
Use this topic to ask for some new features.
Last edited by Soblow; 26 Jan, 2018 @ 8:01am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Xaliber 20 Jan, 2018 @ 11:21am 
Not really a feature request, but kind of a feedback...

Since you added the feature to teleport back to last death location, how do you plan to balance it out? Teleporting to last death location seems to make the game a whole lot easier, as it discourages more careful play (we can just return to our last location easily if we die).

I'm thinking teleporting to last death coordinate as a separate item instead, with more end-game crafting required.
Myst Leissa 20 Jan, 2018 @ 9:26pm 
Originally posted by Xaliber:

Since you added the feature to teleport back to last death location, how do you plan to balance it out? Teleporting to last death location seems to make the game a whole lot easier, as it discourages more careful play (we can just return to our last location easily if we die).

I'm thinking teleporting to last death coordinate as a separate item instead, with more end-game crafting required.
The Book itself - already requires many late game materials (or have you checked the new requirments since 2.1?) as well as many rare ones - by the time you earn the book in normal play you are likely to be quite set on resources as it is. I don't think it's as game-breaking as much as it fits it's role. Maybe put a cooldown on it (teleport to death) tho (like every 15 minutes you can use it - to deter quickly respawning and teleporting back)
Last edited by Myst Leissa; 20 Jan, 2018 @ 9:40pm
Xaliber 20 Jan, 2018 @ 10:03pm 
Originally posted by Nysch:
Originally posted by Xaliber:

The Book itself - already requires many late game materials (or have you checked the new requirments since 2.1?) as well as many rare ones - by the time you earn the book in normal play you are likely to be quite set on resources as it is. I don't think it's as game-breaking as much as it fits it's role. Maybe put a cooldown on it tho (like every 15 minutes you can use it - to deter quickly respawning and teleporting back)
I'm using version 3.0. The materials required are paper, silicon board, teleport core, diamond, and AA battery. Batteries and teleport core can be bought in the outpost. Diamond can be found in all planets; paper can be crafted early in the game. The only late game-ish item is silicon board, which requires crafting in atomic furnace. But atomic furnace itself can be crafted mid game (durasteel is tier 4 and the rest are early game), and silicon board only requires early game materials (coal and sand).

So I would argue it doesn't really require late game materials. Cooldown is a good idea also to be considered though. 15 minute is long enough.
Soblow  [developer] 21 Jan, 2018 @ 4:56am 
Added onto the last update. It will be available as soon as I'll upload the update
Vrishnak92™ 26 Jan, 2018 @ 9:38am 
Is it possible to make a throwable item that can teleport whatever it hits to it’s primed destination on the same planet? I ask since I have a couple npcs who are where they shouldn’t be...
Soblow  [developer] 26 Jan, 2018 @ 9:47am 
Well, I'm planing to do a teleporter for NPCs which will teleport every person who steps on it... Later
Xaliber 26 Jan, 2018 @ 9:59pm 
If that would affect enemies I think it could be a very powerful weapon too... sorry I keep asking about balance but IMO it's important to consider.
Soblow  [developer] 27 Jan, 2018 @ 1:50am 
IKR... As I explained to you, that kind of stuff will be like "add-ons" for the main mod. I'm also planning to create a "standalone" version of the mod, without the warpbook (so only the Beacon / OWT / Server)
Vrishnak92™ 27 Jan, 2018 @ 6:28pm 
Sounds good, I only ask for the throwable item one so that I have more control on who gets teleported
Soblow  [developer] 28 Jan, 2018 @ 2:00am 
The problem is that I'm not even sure you can do that, and if it's possible, you'll have t oteleport with the NPC... I'm not working on that for now.
Soblow  [developer] 29 Jan, 2018 @ 9:50am 
Okay, some news. I tried to create a random teleport function, but I'm encountering problems with the altitude. In fact, there is a function which gives the ground coord for a given X, but it isn't working if the player isn't already on this sector. The solution would be to drop the player on the air, give him an invulnerability buff, and wait for him to touch the ground...
ShunTheWitch 10 Mar, 2018 @ 5:42pm 
I only request a couple versions that resemble doors like wooden iron etc, for that homey feel.
Soblow  [developer] 11 Mar, 2018 @ 10:56pm 
Well, I can do this, but it will be looking like a vanilla door, as I'm not an artist :P
ShunTheWitch 11 Mar, 2018 @ 10:57pm 
Originally posted by Doctor Tee / Soblow:
Well, I can do this, but it will be looking like a vanilla door, as I'm not an artist :P
Thats what I meant honestly, the sprite where its open so it looks like it is against the wall.
Soblow  [developer] 12 Mar, 2018 @ 4:46am 
It would work like an OWT ?
(Press E to param or Press E to teleport)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50