Starbound

Starbound

Starhammer40k
Maverick  [developer] 12 Jan, 2018 @ 12:15pm
Crashes/Bugs (Include details)
Please list here if you have a crash difficulty. Describe what other mods you are using and if you can provide any additional information including errors.

If you are crashing because of same-name conflicts, check out the compatibility mod located here : https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1325450955
Last edited by Maverick; 9 Mar, 2018 @ 10:59am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
MakeLoveNotWar 12 Jan, 2018 @ 8:47pm 
my starbound is crashing when I use this mod. I use the other warhammer 40k mod (warhammer 40k weapons and armors mod) and a few others such as the old war pack and 2 race mods are any of these known to causes crashes or compatability issues with your mod. I realy want to play your mod and I think you put a lot of good work into it:)
Rhygan 13 Jan, 2018 @ 2:38pm 
The mod might have broken the Tech and the tech course, as well as the mech course, it is hard to explain but whenever i try to use it, or do it, it never works.
Maverick  [developer] 14 Jan, 2018 @ 11:04am 
@acadeon the wise ) If assets share the same name this will cause a crash to desktop. There is likely a conflict with the other 40k mod as both mods add similiar weapons. Problem is changing the asset names will cause problems to existing users. So changing the asset names of four or five weapons is a significant task. If it's any consolation I'll be adding more weapons going forward, favoriting this mod will allow you to stay tuned for updates.

@Rhygan ) I am assuming you are refering to the tech missions in the tutorial. This mod does not change any of those files. However, I will double check to see if the tech course is working on my end.
Edorathino 14 Jan, 2018 @ 11:23am 
Can't use power fists since the last update, the character just stands there with their hands on the air, and they have no rate of fire. Also it's more of a typo than a bug but it should be Sororitas instead of senoritas, and venerable instead of venerated.
Last edited by Edorathino; 14 Jan, 2018 @ 11:53am
Hot Sauce on Feet 14 Jan, 2018 @ 9:11pm 
My dedicated server fails to start when using this mod. Looking through the log these seem to be the relevant lines:
[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /objects/crafting/impgstation/impgtable.png:default.default, (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/objects/crafting/impgstation/impgtable.png' while resolving image frame '/objects/crafting/impgstation/impgtable.png:default.default'
[Error] Fatal Exception caught: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/crafting/impgstation/impgtable.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /objects/crafting/impgstation/impgtable.png:default.default

I don't know much about troubleshooting Starbound, but after extracting the mod I see there is a file in objects\crafting\impgstation\ called "imggtable.frames" while all the other references seem to be to "impgtable". Is this a typo in the filename that might be causing this crash?

Edit: Renaming this file to impgtable.frames and repacking the mod eliminated the error message from my log on my local server. I'll have to try this on my dedicated server as well, but I'm guessing this was just an typo.

Edit #2: Yep, renaming imggtable.frames to impgtable.frames fixed the crashing on my dedicated server.
Last edited by Hot Sauce on Feet; 14 Jan, 2018 @ 9:37pm
Maverick  [developer] 16 Jan, 2018 @ 9:41am 
@UseYourMachineGunArm

Thanks for digging, I changed the file name and added a new graphic to the imperial guard crafting table. Thanks for reporting.
Hot Sauce on Feet 16 Jan, 2018 @ 9:54am 
Thanks!
moneymancer 18 Jan, 2018 @ 10:36am 
Theres a black pixel that floats in front of your character on the Tau Fire Warrior greaves while standing still, here http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273608397
SPEED RUNNER - Z 19 Jan, 2018 @ 8:35pm 
anyone getting this to work with fracken universe?
TeSKR.ExE 21 Jan, 2018 @ 1:43pm 
Originally posted by aco:
Theres a black pixel that floats in front of your character on the Tau Fire Warrior greaves while standing still, here http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1273608397
I'm having that too, I may not like the fishweebs but it's kinda of a eye sore
Blue Zergling 21 Jan, 2018 @ 7:07pm 
Non-game breaking bug, upgrading the Senoritas Flamer on the anvil causes the weapon icon to disappear and the model to become a default vanilla flamethrower. I have not tested other weapons.

Similarly minor, several weapons (all bolters and flamers) are not recognized by the mod "Weapon Fusion Panel," while the Las weapons are recognized properly.

Edit: For a bit more information on the first bug, all weapons besides the flamers are not recognized by the anvil. The Heavy flamers and normal flamers both bug when upgraded, while the hand flamers upgrade normally. Chaos weapons are not upgradable on the anvil or recognized by the fusion panel.
Last edited by Blue Zergling; 21 Jan, 2018 @ 7:20pm
moneymancer 21 Jan, 2018 @ 10:14pm 
Originally posted by PlzNoBullyMeDahBestgrill.exe:
Originally posted by aco:
I'm having that too, I may not like the fishweebs but it's kinda of a eye sore

Why are the Tau mistaken for fishes? I mean their homeworld is literally a dry wasteland desert
Maverick  [developer] 22 Jan, 2018 @ 1:32pm 
@aco @PlzNoBullyMeDahBestgrill.exe
Fixed.

@rookie slime
These weapons should not be upgraded at the anvil, probably an artifact of the code I copied over. I will remove it.

/admin [enter] /spawnitem heavyflamer40klvl3 [enter] /admin will give you back your heavy flamer.
Sinnroy 10 Feb, 2018 @ 1:19pm 
it also crashes my game when i don't have the warhammer 40k weapons installed
Maverick  [developer] 2 Mar, 2018 @ 7:34am 
@ Zachery

I'll look into it, probably a name conflict.
I'll be looking into creating a cosmetic only mod that should be more compatible as well, so keep an eye out for that.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50