XCOM 2
A Better Everything
k47 6 Oct, 2017 @ 5:57pm
Mod recommendation for Beta Strike ABC+
For anyone thinking about trying Beta Strike ABC+, I heavily recommend this mod:

[WOTC] Sensible Mission Penalties

It makes it so that losing or skipping missions no longer disconnect the region on the strategy layer. Why do I recommend this? Berserkers on Haven Assault. A total of 5 berserker each with 40+ hp on Commander, all dead set on pummeling civilians to death and ignoring your soldiers until you fail the mission. This is the mission in which you have to kill all surrounding enemies for the group of civilians to escape, you can't just go sit next to 6 so they escape like in non-WotC retaliations.

Without even mentioning that you've got other aliens to deal with, you simply won't have the DPS to stop the berserkers unless you have such a ridiculous squad size that makes other parts of the ABC+ campaign ridiculously easy.

---

Alternatively, of course, tweak the pods so there are less berserkers on these terror missions. But the mission itself was really fun to do, so I'd rather recommend keeping them and making the failure condition less punishing. (You'll still lose supply income)