STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack

STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack

Ultimate Galactic Conquest Custom Edition (UGC CE) - No Consortium and More !
Macrium™ 2 May, 2023 @ 9:02am
Tech Upgrades, and Troops for Black Suns? [SOLVED]
Am I just stupid, or can we not get tech upgrades, or hire troops with the Black Suns? For some reason I can't figure out how to upgrade their Tech Level, and I have made every ground structure I could, yet I get no options to actually create troops. I can only create Starviper Squadrons..
Last edited by Macrium™; 12 May, 2023 @ 2:57pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
MiniGui98  [developer] 2 May, 2023 @ 9:42am 
Originally posted by Macrium™:
Am I just stupid, or can we not get tech upgrades, or hire troops with the Black Suns? For some reason I can't figure out how to upgrade their Tech Level, and I have made every ground structure I could, yet I get no options to actually create troops. I can only create Starviper Squadrons..

This is surely not supposed to happen but I cannot help you further as the ZC is not officially supported/tested in the mod. Given that no one else reported this issue, it is likely you're the only one having it. Did you make any manual modifications to your game folder?
Last edited by MiniGui98; 2 May, 2023 @ 9:42am
Macrium™ 2 May, 2023 @ 11:02am 
Originally posted by MiniGui98:

This is surely not supposed to happen but I cannot help you further as the ZC is not officially supported/tested in the mod. Given that no one else reported this issue, it is likely you're the only one having it. Did you make any manual modifications to your game folder?

I have not made any changes to my folder, I actually downloaded via Workshop, so I let it do it there. Also, I have no other mods.
How are you supposed to make Tech Upgrades as Black Sun? How do you get troops?
MiniGui98  [developer] 7 May, 2023 @ 12:37am 

I have not made any changes to my folder, I actually downloaded via Workshop, so I let it do it there. Also, I have no other mods.
How are you supposed to make Tech Upgrades as Black Sun? How do you get troops?

Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were talking about the ZC faction at first. But it's also weird that you cannot have more troops as the Black Sun... You should be at least able to build one ground building, a few units and upgrade the space station once. iirc there is no tech upgrade for them. Make sure you have enough money and also that you have enough free population space to recruit new units otherwise they won't show up.
Macrium™ 8 May, 2023 @ 12:31pm 
No worries.
Yeah, really weird. I have over 200 available slots for troops, and I have no options to create more (Aside from Starviper Squadrons). I can't upgrade the space stations, I also have many thousands of credits. I don't even see an option to hire troops.
MiniGui98  [developer] 11 May, 2023 @ 9:13am 
No worries.
Yeah, really weird. I have over 200 available slots for troops, and I have no options to create more (Aside from Starviper Squadrons). I can't upgrade the space stations, I also have many thousands of credits. I don't even see an option to hire troops.
have you tried starting another game, or even unsubing and then resubing to the mod? At this point I would say there is a problem in your installed files probably, or something else I am missing..
Macrium™ 11 May, 2023 @ 10:58am 
No worries.
have you tried starting another game, or even unsubing and then resubing to the mod? At this point I would say there is a problem in your installed files probably, or something else I am missing..
I even tried installing on an entirely different computer. Same problem
MiniGui98  [developer] 12 May, 2023 @ 11:50am 
I even tried installing on an entirely different computer. Same problem
Ok, I will try testing on my end when I get time to do so, but unfortunately I am extremely busy these last days between work and studies and so I don't have the strength to do documented testing right now. But I'm writing this on the todo list for sure.

Thank you for reporting this bug.
MiniGui98  [developer] 12 May, 2023 @ 12:03pm 
Nevermind, you caught my attention and I quickly went in-game to check things up. I have found your issue :

Make sure you set the starting level at 2 and not at 1!!

The pirates don't have tech levels and I don't really know why exactly but their units just aren't showing up if you start at tech lvl 1. It's odd because code-wise there is nothing I found that indicated that these units are locked...

Starting at tech level 2 won't change your experience at all anyway, so that's the most efficient way of "fixing" it.

I hope it also works for you as a solution.

Thank you! :D
Macrium™ 12 May, 2023 @ 2:56pm 
Nevermind, you caught my attention and I quickly went in-game to check things up. I have found your issue :

The pirates don't have tech levels and I don't really know why exactly but their units just aren't showing up if you start at tech lvl 1. It's odd because code-wise there is nothing I found that indicated that these units are locked...

Starting at tech level 2 won't change your experience at all anyway, so that's the most efficient way of "fixing" it.

I did go ahead an logged in with Tech 2, and you are correct, it works like a charm!
Thanks for getting back to me on that. Would be interested to see if anything changes with them in the future!
Macrium™ 12 May, 2023 @ 5:05pm 

I did go ahead an logged in with Tech 2, and you are correct, it works like a charm!
Thanks for getting back to me on that. Would be interested to see if anything changes with them in the future!

Oh, uh, by the way, the Pirates do have tech levels. They function like the Empire Research. But it looks like maybe it's only available on Raxus Prime?
Last edited by Macrium™; 12 May, 2023 @ 5:05pm
MiniGui98  [developer] 15 May, 2023 @ 8:47am 

Oh, uh, by the way, the Pirates do have tech levels. They function like the Empire Research. But it looks like maybe it's only available on Raxus Prime?
eeeeeh I honestly don't remember how I coded them lol.

Just note that the black sun is supposed to be a joke faction, and just like the ZC is unofficially supported, the black sun faction can have some weird things going on.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50