Arma 3
Sp/coop Patrol Operations - 'War on Drugs'
Quick bug report
I agree with RickOShay in the comments section, I was getting low frames around the river village, between 17 & 45 frames around the big village on the water, there were only about 12-15 enemy there, it seems a bit weird as bots weren't spawning in either to drop the frames, I'm running this on an Intel i72600K @4.4ghz and a GTX 1080ti on an SSD, the mission needs a bit more optimization I guess, as I experienced the same awful frame drop when in a fire fight with two other enemy in another village near the airstrip North of the port village. Most other enemy I encountered were killed in a stealthy manner so there were no real fire fights, I will test this all again soon and give some more feedback.

I see "98% Map populated (villages Camps etc)" that's odd that you have it like this, why not have the enemy spawn in when within 300m of an area instead, it might run at higher frames for people.

Other things I encountered:

-I can't use any other weapon or uniform/gear mods for this, why is that ?
Strictly limiting this to RHS only is odd considering most of the uniforms are for Mountains/Desert terrains, yes there is Woodland and Ranger uniforms but they don't really match the terrain and if you do wear them there is no Woodland/Ranger chest rigs to match the uniform, I end up wearing woodland uniform with a mountains terrain chest rig, I like to match my uniforms to the terrain as close as possible.
Please Allow other mods like UKSF_mas or VSM-Gear Pack v1 and other weapon mods like SMA & NATO_Rus_weapons this would upen the mission right up to everyone, thankx.

-This mission does not contain earplugs though I can use the Earplugs mod.

-On the title screen entering the game (the one with the small picture about the mission) you have misspelled "Operation" you have typed Oparation.

-That huge tracked vehicle at that port village does some weird stuff when you start it up and drive it around, it acts like a bucking mule.

-I killed the Drug Lord in this same port village and I had a pop up for task completed but when I looked at the tasks it was not completed, I could still be assigned to that task.
Cheers,
:happyjeff:
Last edited by ☠ Bushy ☠; 26 Jul, 2017 @ 6:49am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Cappy 26 Jul, 2017 @ 4:29pm 
Adding to your list above
One problem with task kill druglord If you do not have the mission already it completes when you kill him then creates the task to kill him, so its backwards.

@ ☠ ᗷᑌᔕᕼᗰᗩᑎ ☠

As far as the other uniforms not being used is because those mods were not used when the author built the mission. You can use debug console to make changes as well. or
You must load the mods you intend to use then go into mission editor and check the items, uniforms, ect. in the already placed arsenal. Or add an arsenal with all items that you want to use. That is why even if you run those mods you can not select them in arsenal because author did not enable them, Hope this helps you.

The spawn of AI is generated, as the mission itself only has a handful of enemy AI already placed on the map for placeholders. The rest will randomize.
I placed a Headless client into the mission just to offload AI and help fps on these dense jungle maps. My dedicated runs this mission with no memory leaks and runs for 24 hours before server auto restart. Our clients are running 30-60 fps avg with no hassle.

I hope anything here helps anyone out, and again thank you for the great mission, our group is having a blast.
Last edited by Cappy; 26 Jul, 2017 @ 4:51pm
☠ Bushy ☠ 26 Jul, 2017 @ 8:10pm 
Originally posted by Cappy:
Adding to your list above
One problem with task kill druglord If you do not have the mission already it completes when you kill him then creates the task to kill him, so its backwards.

@ ☠ ᗷᑌᔕᕼᗰᗩᑎ ☠

As far as the other uniforms not being used is because those mods were not used when the author built the mission. You can use debug console to make changes as well. or
You must load the mods you intend to use then go into mission editor and check the items, uniforms, ect. in the already placed arsenal. Or add an arsenal with all items that you want to use. That is why even if you run those mods you can not select them in arsenal because author did not enable them, Hope this helps you.

Drug Lord - yeah I did notice that but forgot to mention it. Thx.

Uniform/Weapon Mods - No idea how to use "debug console" or "editor" I just like to shoot things and be appropriately dressed for a mission lmao, I might give it a go though.
It's shame the author didn't allow all other mods and I now have to learn how to use things I have avoided to allow myself to use these mods. I've played many mission where certain mods are required and I also load a lot more other mods into it before I start, this is the first time I have come across this restriction. Thankx for the help.
☠ Bushy ☠ 30 Jul, 2017 @ 5:14pm 
Looks like the Author likes to ignore bug reports. :steambored:
Cappy 30 Jul, 2017 @ 5:50pm 
Agreed, shame Its a great mission just needs a few tweeks. I have done those for our group and running great on my dedi but not my job to fix for public. I have helped a few but the Authors should be doing that. :CSAT:
☠ Bushy ☠ 3 Aug, 2017 @ 7:56pm 
Yeah, they should but they just ignore, well unsubscribed and down voted for now.
Cappy 6 Aug, 2017 @ 4:10pm 
I will reply back ☠ ᗷᑌᔕᕼᗰᗩᑎ ☠ , I have now had the opportunity to meet the author of the mission Somchai. He as well as all of us have real life issues that takes us away from game. So responce has been short. I will say that I have made several edits to the mission and it has run great on our live stream for over a week or so, Somchai was on the stream giving intel as well as seeing the mission run as others for a stream may need and that makes for better mission in the future. I dev the server we run for a stream and it takes hours to make changes and keep "Everyone having what they want". But that is hard to do sometimes. I offered to help and send a working mission file for dedicated use for players having a dedi issue, several have replied and the mission is working fine for them. I will say please look out for the next missions Somchai is working on and These next missions will be tested shortly and I hope you will reconsider and subscribe back in. Thank you ,Cappy
☠ Bushy ☠ 6 Aug, 2017 @ 7:19pm 
A simple "acknowledged" reply from the author would have been satisfactory, instead of just ignoring when online for days after the thread was created, that's just rude and a waste of my time creating the bug report, you shouldn't have to make the reply on their behalf mate, but thankx anyway. btw I think you mean "admin" a server not "dev".
[PBS] Thor 11 Dec, 2017 @ 8:54am 
well, now a lot of changes, especially in object placing, are necessary. That sarts at base - the boats are stuck in a rice pad, not being able to launch them on the water. I am currently trying to fix those issues myself... (because the map is under development, and there are more rice paddies(sadly not well maneuvrable with the m113 and other vics).
☠ Bushy ☠ 11 Dec, 2017 @ 5:22pm 
Waste of farking time this mission, I gave it a thumbs down and moved on to better developed mission than this piece of :justS::_H_::mllrsniperround::just_T:, the author counldn't even be bothered to respond to this post. :duranceright:
[PBS] Thor 17 Dec, 2017 @ 9:57am 
yeah, i know, but i guess he's still got stuff to do irl, or just can't be bothered atm, this is not his job, just a hobby as to most of us.. It'd help if he could give us an easier-toaccess/edit file...
Somchai  [developer] 18 Dec, 2017 @ 6:37am 
@everyone i apoligise to you all, i dont get notifications on these threads opened by others and just havent read them. i am here for more developement and questions, but please do it in the comment section. I have updated the mission, now it has ambient civs and a few other details
☠ Bushy ☠ 18 Dec, 2017 @ 4:10pm 
It took you FIVE MONTHS to realize there was an open discussion about bugs in your project they are listed right above the comments on the projects page. :duranceright: . . how do you not see these open discussions, in steam big bug reports are usually held in the discussion area or they get lost in the comments. I'm no longer interested in this mission. :steamfacepalm: :steammocking:
treendy 11 Jan, 2018 @ 7:07am 
@Bushman : When you launch a mission, there is so much to look at and check, and unfortunately when a discussion is created and commented on, the mission maker doesnt get any notifications about it, and its not a common act to keep loading your steam mission page and check.

Basic comments get sent to us though.... I too have a mission I created last year, and didnt know there was a discussion raised. I only found it the other day because i was looking over some of my older missions to check some details, and my eye happened to pass over the discussion section and notice there was one.

I will send a message to Somchai now... as I have spotted in the bottom right, an option to "Subscribe to forum", which I will be doing from now on.

I know for fact that a hell of a lot of time was spent by Somchai on this mission, lots of frustrating bugs to fix and features to work on, and he would have solved these issues sooner if he knew about this discussion.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50