Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Lua Rollercoasters
Bug-Report
I wasn't able to find an official bug report section, so I made my own and hope the developer will take care of the bugs in this thread.
Update: Lmao I posted this more than three years ago?? Damn time flies. The dev never took care of the bugs btw.
Last edited by Papież Jan Paweł II; 24 Jul, 2019 @ 6:16am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
I`d like to start first, so my problem is that when I delete nodes the track models stay in some cases where they are, but are not bindet any longer to the rest of the track. Besides that there are heavy pervormance problems, when building big rollercoasters with many nodes. Also the coding seems to be very buggy, the console shows up errors pretty much always when spawning a node.
Last edited by Papież Jan Paweł II; 5 Apr, 2016 @ 12:28pm
DCell 6 Apr, 2016 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by PampelmusenMarmelade #kurwa:
I`d like to start first, so my problem is that when I delete nodes the track models stay in some cases where they are, but are not bindet any longer to the rest of the track. Besides that there are heavy pervormance problems, when building big rollercoasters with many nodes. Also the coding seems to be very buggy, the console shows up errors pretty much always when spawning a node.
Just give it some time to update- each time a track node is moved or deleted, the two sections of track before and after it must be recalculated. Plus, don't use the Remover toolgun- use R while holding the Track toolgun.
Nova Astral 10 Apr, 2016 @ 1:51pm 
When I save my coasters (On a server) I don't see anything in the list, but when I press upload to server or whatever it is, I see the two saves. But when I press upload nothing happens except "Uploading to server" I press refresh, nothing.
Nova Astral 10 Apr, 2016 @ 2:16pm 
Nevermind, we think it may be a linux permission issue
[Lua Rollercoasters] lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433: attempt to index field 'halo' (a nil value)
1. v - lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433
2. Run - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:84
3. v - lua/includes/modules/halo.lua:148
4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:84

I have no clue what this means, but it`s a bug.
Nova Astral 4 Sep, 2016 @ 8:34pm 
Originally posted by handsome Olf:
[Lua Rollercoasters] lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433: attempt to index field 'halo' (a nil value)

I believe its that one bug that happens when you look at a node with the rollercoaster track tool out
Originally posted by Thorns_ Bur >Nova<:
Originally posted by handsome Olf:

I believe its that one bug that happens when you look at a node with the rollercoaster track tool out
okay, however everything else works
MarbleMan 11 Jan, 2017 @ 12:13pm 
so im getting an issue to where after the cart passes the first node it just phases through the track. help!
When I Clicked On A Ground With The Roller Coaster Was On The Track. Gmod Corrupted And I ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Up Gmod So Bad!
PhilMikeHunt 19 Mar, 2017 @ 1:15pm 
after leaving the first node it falls through the track
Theramanix 26 Apr, 2017 @ 4:36am 
when i open a save it just only shows the nodes
Cognitive 4 Jun, 2017 @ 5:07pm 
Made one part of track:

[ERROR] lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433: attempt to index field 'halo' (a nil value)
1. fn - lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433
2. old_hook_call - lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109
3. Run - lua/includes/modules/momo/compat.lua:23
4. fn - lua/includes/modules/halo.lua:148
5. old_hook_call - lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109
6. unknown - lua/includes/modules/momo/compat.lua:23

Cognitive 4 Jun, 2017 @ 5:07pm 
Pretty ♥♥♥♥ mod if I can't even make something without it destroying my console.
Nova Astral 4 Jun, 2017 @ 5:26pm 
Originally posted by Cognitive:
Pretty ♥♥♥♥ mod if I can't even make something without it destroying my console.
It happens when you look at a node, it's trying to draw the halo around it but its failing
Ribbon Rack 23 Jul, 2017 @ 12:38am 
[ERROR] lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433: attempt to index field 'halo' (a nil value)
1. fn - lua/autorun/coastermanager.lua:433
2. Run - lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109
3. fn - lua/includes/modules/halo.lua:148
4. unknown - lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:109

This is a confliction with ULib for ULX, just a heads up.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Per page: 1530 50