Arma 3
NATO Corvette [v1.1.1]
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
CTFRaven  [developer] 26 May, 2017 @ 9:57am
In regards to AI
The AI for ships are counter-intuitive for unit management, and as such, unexpected behaviour is very prominent with this mod.

The way the Ai shifts to a new waypoint is to oversteer to the left, correct to the right, then make 1 more adjustment towards the waypoint.

THIS IS HOW ALL SHIPS WORK FOR AI

The reason it's not so noticable in BI's speedmoat or anything similar is because it's turning radius in <1m, and so it goes about this process quickly, and fasionably.

The bad thing about this is that any boat with a turning radius >1m will go about this process for about a minute or so. I've done the best I could to give the AI the controll over the ship necessary to execute this patturn as promptly as possible, but until I learn how to code the AI (if it's even possible) you have to be patient with them.

TL;DR: BE PATIENT WITH AI, THEY'RE DUMB AND WILL EVENTUALLY MOVE A STRAIGHT LINE

time for 90 degree correction as of now : 93 seconds
Last edited by CTFRaven; 26 May, 2017 @ 9:58am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Salty Slothy 26 May, 2017 @ 7:04pm 
The turning radius may need to be buffed just a bit. A corvette is smaller than a destroyer which is one of the most nimble ship classes out there. Not saying make a hard 90 in about 3 seconds, but something better than a minute and a half.
CTFRaven  [developer] 26 May, 2017 @ 7:45pm 
It's just the AI's alignment time. I can do that in 13 seconds driving the ship myself
Salty Slothy 27 May, 2017 @ 12:48pm 
Originally posted by CTFRaven:
It's just the AI's alignment time. I can do that in 13 seconds driving the ship myself
Oh i gotcha. Just another case of the AI being borked.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50