RimWorld

RimWorld

Simple sidearms
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
PeteTimesSix  [developer] 1 Aug, 2021 @ 4:20am
Rimworld v1.3 bug reports
Drop any issues with the Rimworld v1.3 version of Simple Sidearms here. Ideal bug report contains the following, in descending order of importance:

-likely things that make your situation unique (other installed mods, pawns in question being of an unusual race, etc)
-reproducible description of the situation
-full error log (you can grab one by pressing Ctrl + F12)
-modlist (also contained in full log)
-savegame
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Alex 3 Aug, 2021 @ 3:08am 
Pawns can "equip ... as sidearm" weapon, which is "biocoded" to another person.
camti 4 Aug, 2021 @ 2:58pm 
[HugsLib][ERR] Exception during DoWindowContents: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.UI.SidearmsSpecificExtensions+<>c.<WeaponSelector>b__7_2 (Verse.ThingDef w) [0x00000] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2[TElement,TKey].ComputeKeys (TElement[] elements, System.Int32 count) [0x00010] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1[TElement].ComputeMap (TElement[] elements, System.Int32 count) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1[TElement].Sort (TElement[] elements, System.Int32 count) [0x00000] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1[TElement].SortedMap (System.Linq.Buffer`1[TElement] buffer) [0x00006] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1[TElement].ToList () [0x0001f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
at PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.UI.SidearmsSpecificExtensions.WeaponSelector (Verse.Listing_Standard instance, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] weaponOptions, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[T] selectedWeapons, System.String selectedLabel, System.String unselectedLabel, System.Action onChange) [0x001ec] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings.Limits (Verse.Listing_Standard listing, PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.Utilities.Enums+WeaponListKind listType, System.Action onChange) [0x002e1] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings.DoSettingsWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect outerRect) [0x00694] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms.DoSettingsWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect inRect) [0x00006] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at HugsLib.Settings.Dialog_VanillaModSettings.DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect inRect) [0x000e4] in <4dd8a30b2ddc479e878b55ffe02db6e8>:0
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException (System.Exception,string,bool,string)
HugsLib.Settings.Dialog_VanillaModSettings:DoWindowContents (UnityEngine.Rect)
Verse.Window:InnerWindowOnGUI (int)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI/WindowFunction,int,int,UnityEngine.GUISkin,int,single,single,UnityEngine.GUIStyle)

whats this error
Kaedys 5 Aug, 2021 @ 6:33pm 
Relatively long-time bug, but I just encountered a new (vanilla) situations for it, so I figured I'd report it.

If a pawn has a weapon set as forced (red crossed swords) during draft mode, and they leave draft mode via some other means than the undraft button (ex. reforming caravan from a raid site while they are drafted, or issuing a "Force" order via Achtung that causes them to undraft in the process. Might also apply to vanilla actions that have similar effect, not sure), the red flag won't go away, and will persist into the next draft state. Also appears to block automatic weapon changes while undrafted (ex. they won't swap to tools for jobs they'd otherwise swap a tool in for).

This has definitely been a bug for most or all of the time I've been using this mod, I'd just assumed until now that it was related to Achtung somehow. But I encountered it just now when reforming a caravan from a cleared raid site, and I don't believe I have any mods that affect that process.

Edit: also, the only way to get rid of it is to drop the weapon via right-click, or to draft them and then right-click the weapon to remove the flag. Left-clicking on other weapons transfers the "use this by default" D flag, but it doesn't affect the red "force" flag. Even clicking a default weapon to give it the undrafted "force" (exclamation point) doesn't alter it, though it _does_ change the weapon. The pawn still won't automatically change to tools when they otherwise would, though.

Also, the easiest reproduction I've found within a colony (some of this may be Achtung-dependent or affected) is draft -> force weapon -> ctrl-right-click a room -> clean this room. It undrafts the pawn, but retains the red crossed swords.
Last edited by Kaedys; 5 Aug, 2021 @ 6:37pm
Omega 8 Aug, 2021 @ 10:16am 
There is something bugged with shields, one of my pawns has a shield equipped in the shield slot, however, when my pawn is not drafted I get the message "Colonist Missing Sidearm."

Furthermore, when the same pawn returns from a caravan it tries to empty its inventory, and it gets stuck in a loop of dropping its equipped shield and picking it up.
megabot 9 Aug, 2021 @ 3:15am 
for some reasons colonists never re equip their weapons, even though that is the reason why i picked this mod up for my pretty much vanilla run right now
https://gist.github.com/b0d05d2aa57c77fe41cca87124bda1c9
Sirius 10 Aug, 2021 @ 10:59pm 
Probably not something that you can fix, but might be a good idea to mention is that the steps towards the archonexus ending gets rid of your sidearms as they count as "in your inventory" and get wiped
Stellar Harbour 11 Aug, 2021 @ 7:56pm 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.Gizmo_Brainscope.GizmoOnGUI_old (UnityEngine.Vector2 topLeft, System.Single maxWidth) [0x001b0] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at SimpleSidearms.rimworld.Gizmo_Brainscope.GizmoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Vector2 topLeft, System.Single maxWidth, Verse.GizmoRenderParms parms) [0x00001] in <31fd213fee1b4763ad041f646e02bba2>:0
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] gizmos, System.Single startX, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo, System.Func`2[T,TResult] customActivatorFunc, System.Func`2[T,TResult] highlightFunc, System.Func`2[T,TResult] lowlightFunc) [0x00471] in <00638943358e4807bd44cd7bc8f572da>:0
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch2 (string)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce (string,int)
(wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos ()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI ()
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI_Patch2 (RimWorld.UIRoot_Play)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.OnGUI_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Stellar Harbour 11 Aug, 2021 @ 7:57pm 
Error on cremation, have Cremate Auto Strip Mod
Neidhardt 19 Aug, 2021 @ 2:35am 
When equipping a Portal Gun on a colonist incapable of violence, the gun disappears once they are undrafted. This would most likely happen for other weapons without verbs as well.
WTID 19 Aug, 2021 @ 9:31am 
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/591b8ac4622425770d6047c27a08c0c0

examples

Knowledge data was missing key Concept_SimpleSidearmsBasic. Adding it...
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
Ali50 20 Aug, 2021 @ 12:53pm 
Getting those exceptions for every Ancient pawn in a cryosleep casket or animal and mechanoid on the map every second / tick:

Exception ticking Mech_Centipede38284 (at (233, 0, 289)): System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000035 (from typeref, class/assembly SimpleSidearms.Extensions, SimpleSidearms, Version=1.4.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch7(Verse.Pawn)
at DTimeControl.TCTickList.TickThing (Verse.Thing thing) [0x00032] in <60d5ee13bd6b49e0aad5eb8b68d8d984>:0
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch3 (string)
Verse.Log:Error (string,bool)
DTimeControl.TCTickList:TickThing (Verse.Thing)
DTimeControl.TCTickList:DoTick (double,bool)
DTimeControl.TimeControlBase:TickManagerTick (Verse.TickManager,bool)
DTimeControl.Core_Patches.Patch_DoSingleTick_Prefix:Prefix (Verse.TickManager)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch7 (Verse.TickManager)
Verse.Game/<>c:<LoadGame>b__60_1 ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.LongEventHandler:Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished_Patch2 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Verse.Root.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root)
Verse.Root_Play:Update ()

This is my first real attempt at a new colony since 1.3 Core without DLCs and most of my 800+ mods updated to 1.3 and happens on every new generated map so far.
I spent the last days figuring out other mod (compatibility-)errors that prevented new starts or pawn genreating correctly and this seems to be the last big obstacle before i can finally play again.

Log: https://gist.github.com/b8a91b4c60a7371861c3bb96c420f5d9

A possible Candidate that caused this problem might be "Yayo Combat Ammo Sidearm Patch"
Last edited by Ali50; 22 Aug, 2021 @ 10:56am
Suzan 20 Aug, 2021 @ 6:28pm 
No error log being generated, but, the following is happening.
Colonist no weapon goes to equip wood, puts wood back immediately and forbids the stack.
This does not occur if colonist has a weapon equipped.

-S
Schadenfreude 20 Aug, 2021 @ 7:34pm 
Persona Monosword got tied to another pawn after a caravan trip.

- Was on a raid with a pawn that had a Persona Monosword tied to him.
- He was downed.
- Weapon got flung to the ground.
- On caravan reformation had to manually pick the sword up again (which struck me as odd, I usually never need to do this, afaik).
- During the trip back he was healed enough to walk manually.
- When the caravan returned another pawn had his weapon in equipped.
- Trying to pick the sword back up with the originally tied pawn gives the error of the weapon being tied to someone else.

I am certain this has to do with Sidearms, because the guy who had his sword was actually equipped with the Monosword, it wasn't just in his inventory as if he was un-/loading it, and the only feature of the mods I use to have such a function comes from this one.

I am currently playing from an earlier save and tried to prevent this by manually dragging the sword from the caravan screen to it's original owner and disabled the auto equip function from Sidearms.

https://gist.github.com/a32ee055075f2da9407d72f36b06a5c5
Last edited by Schadenfreude; 20 Aug, 2021 @ 7:39pm
Drazhya 28 Aug, 2021 @ 8:49am 
With both Rocketman and Simple Sidearms enabled I get errors like this for all Rimworld of Magic weapons (I do not have that mod enabled)

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named TM_ElephantTusk
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch0 (string)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:DefFromNode<Verse.ThingDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke (object,object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticGenericMethod (System.Type,System.Type,string,object[])
Verse.ScribeExtractor:DefFromNodeUnsafe<Verse.ThingDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Verse.ThingDef> (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.ThingDef>&,bool,string,Verse.LookMode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Verse.ThingDef> (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<Verse.ThingDef>&,bool,string,Verse.LookMode)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Verse.ThingDef> (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<Verse.ThingDef>&,string,Verse.LookMode)
PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings:ExposeData ()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings> (PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings&,bool,string,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings> (PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings&,string,object[])
Verse.LoadedModManager:ReadModSettings<PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings> (string,string)
Verse.Mod:GetSettings<PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_Settings> ()
PeteTimesSix.SimpleSidearms.SimpleSidearms_PostInit:.cctor ()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (System.RuntimeTypeHandle)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll_Patch0 ()
Verse.PlayDataLoader/<>c:<DoPlayLoad>b__4_3 ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.LongEventHandler:Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished_Patch0 ()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root_Entry:Verse.Root_Entry.Update_Patch0 (Verse.Root_Entry)

If I then disable Simple Sidearms I get 3 errors: EquipSecondary, Reequip Secondary and ReequipSecondaryCombat, and the first looks like this:

Could not load reference to Verse.JobDef named EquipSecondary
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch0 (string)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:DefFromNode<Verse.JobDef> (System.Xml.XmlNode)
Verse.Scribe_Defs:Look<Verse.JobDef> (Verse.JobDef&,string)
Soyuz.JobSettings:ExposeData ()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<Soyuz.JobSettings> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Soyuz.JobSettings> (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Soyuz.JobSettings>&,bool,string,Verse.LookMode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look<Soyuz.JobSettings> (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Soyuz.JobSettings>&,string,Verse.LookMode,object[])
Soyuz.SoyuzSettings:ExposeData ()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<Soyuz.SoyuzSettings> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<Soyuz.SoyuzSettings> (Soyuz.SoyuzSettings&,bool,string,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<Soyuz.SoyuzSettings> (Soyuz.SoyuzSettings&,string,object[])
Soyuz.SoyuzSettingsUtility:OnScribe ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke (object,object[])
RocketMan.FunctionsUtility/<>c__DisplayClass1_0`1<RocketMan.Main/OnScribe>:<GetActions>b__3 ()
RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings:ScribeExtras ()
RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings:ExposeData ()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode<RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings> (System.Xml.XmlNode,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings> (RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings&,bool,string,object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look<RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings> (RocketMan.RocketMod/RocketSettings&,string,object[])
RocketMan.RocketMod:LoadSettings ()
RocketMan.Main:DefsLoaded ()
RocketMan.RocketMod/<>c:<.ctor>b__3_0 ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.LongEventHandler:Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent_Patch0 (bool&)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root_Entry:Verse.Root_Entry.Update_Patch0 (Verse.Root_Entry)

If I then additionally disable Rocketman, there are no more of these errors. If, after disabling both of them, I re-enable simple sidearms again, I get the Rimworld of Magic error set again (and once again, I do NOT have that mod enabled). If I disable both of them and then re-enable only Rocketman, I get no errors.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50