Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

Cannoneer - Class Mod
Curious Fox 10 Jul, 2018 @ 9:31pm
So I'm still changing numbers around to make this hero more balanced... give me some thoughts.
I saw this hero as head-to-head with the arbalest, so my focuses were mostly set on that part. All comparisons stated here are compared to the stats of the Arbalest.

So far, I just cranked up the resistances (except deathblow, trap -5%) about 5% in compensation for the lower health (-6 on all cases compared to the arbalest).

Bumped around the damage numbers so they will be 1 damage point lower in minimum damage in all weapon ranks and 1 point higher in maximum damage in all weapon ranks.

Has 1/2 (rounded up) crit rate.

Has -2 speed in all weapon ranks.

Kaboom

Changed so it will be launched and hit the same ranks as the Arbalest. So it launches from 4,3 instead of 4,3,2 and hits 2,3,4 instead of 1,2,3,4. Relative -1% crit chance on all levels. Damage -10% Accuracy starts at 85% and ends at 105%.

Rocket Jump

Changed so it will be an escape move rather than a suicide move (League of Legends AP Tristana anyone?) Launches from 1,2 and moves 2 ranks back. It hits both 1,2 with -75% damage. Crit chance at 0% on all levels but can crit. Accuracy same as Kaboom

Bombardment

Changed so it will be launched from 4,3 instead of 4,3,2. It hits both 3,4 with -40% damage. Crit chance lowered to 0% at lv1 and 4% at lv5. Accuracy same as kaboom.

Move

Allowed backwards 1 for COM.

Shrapnel

Launch from 4,3 and hit 1,2,3,4. Crit chance at -5% on all levels. Damage -75% at all levels. Accuracy same as Kaboom.

Minefield

Changed to 'Ranged' instead of 'melee'. Damage -70% at all levels. Crit set to 0%. Launch from 2,1 instead of 3,2,1. Targets 1,2 instead of 1. Accuracy same as Kaboom.

Mark

Set to damage -100%. Added stall invalidating features. Matches smiliar to the Arbalest's mark but -5% accuracy. Launches from 4,3 and hits 2,3,4.

Riposte

Set accuracy to 100% and crit increased to 5%. Launches from 4,3,2,1 and hits 1,2,3,4.

---------------------------------

Camping Skill

Polish Cannon cost +1

Fireworks cost +1 prevents ambush.

---------------------------------

Buffs

Light The fuse

chance changed to start from 92% and reach 100%. Damage Multiplier reduced to 200% removed accuracy debuff. Uses per battle limit 1. Ends upon finishing the battle like HwM's Tracking Shot. (I thought this will prevent damage stacking)

----------------------------------

I flumbled around and... it sort of looks like a less healthier Arbalest with less accuracy and larger damage range. Not to mention slower and less crit chance. But makes up with the sheer damage and being a bit more resiant to shuffles.

Add: 7/19/2018

Changed upgrades.json so the final upgrades will be unlocked at resolve level 5 not 4.
Last edited by Curious Fox; 18 Jul, 2018 @ 11:01pm