Scrap Mechanic

Scrap Mechanic

The Modpack BETA
Zephyroku 24 Jun, 2019 @ 4:14am
Block Request
Durf, is it possible to create a block that can transfer the rotation that goes in one side and transfers the rotation to the other face of the block much like two bearings on opposed sides of a block that can mirror it? Instead of having to make weird bends with pistons/suspensions with noclip glitches. Greets Barret.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Durf  [developer] 24 Jun, 2019 @ 4:21am 
Mechanically, the solution has always been to join the two sides in some way so both bearings are powering the same thing. Either with some normal blocks/pipes, or a suspension since they can go through blocks..

I'm assuming a controller wouldn't be a good solution for this? If repeat mode is on, then you can connect a controller to a seat for WS controlled bearing angles.

But this might also be possible to build with current mods, like with the smart engine in the Modpack. Should be useful for many applications.

Could you tell me a little more about what you're trying to build?
Zephyroku 24 Jun, 2019 @ 6:01am 
Basically a simple axle (driveshaft) that goes from an engine underneath the framework. (see image)

https://i.imgur.com/miDhtGQ.png

I want a clean go through axle, i hope at some this is possible.

Zephyroku 27 Jun, 2019 @ 3:01pm 
hmm...no reply, I guess its not possible.
Norderino 11 Aug, 2019 @ 5:48am 
@Barrett

Originally posted by Barret:
Basically a simple axle (driveshaft) that goes from an engine underneath the framework. (see image)

https://i.imgur.com/miDhtGQ.png

I want a clean go through axle, i hope at some this is possible.

I built this with plates by lordpain
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1831619909
is this what you need?
Zephyroku 14 Aug, 2019 @ 11:03am 
awesome :D
deathstrike126 22 Jan, 2020 @ 3:30pm 
you guys should make the pinata like a chest so you can put items in it then when it explodes the items drop
Durf  [developer] 22 Jan, 2020 @ 3:58pm 
Originally posted by deathstrike126:
you guys should make the pinata like a chest so you can put items in it then when it explodes the items drop
"Loot crate" is the suggestion for that. We will have a separate item for that function.
Pinata is a festive item for easter / birthday celebrations, and should behave like a pinata

Thanks! Not a new suggestion but it always helps to know just how much people want these new ideas :D
Unforatuntely, at this time, I have no idea if loot crate will be part of this update or just pinata.
I suggest that the converyor belt blocks get an option to change the power. Currently they just throw the blocks/parts put on them
Bingus 31 Dec, 2020 @ 12:08pm 
A hydro engin for survivle ( idk how to spell may things )
Webber 19 Sep, 2021 @ 2:27am 
Add 1x1 stable thruster please
Durf  [developer] 19 Sep, 2021 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by 76561198981259955:
Add 1x1 stable thruster please
The block thruster in the modpack should already be "stable" (no variance in the thrust vector),
as well as the pico thrusters (the tiny surface thrusters)
...just without the word "stable" in their names

Generally mod makers like to make all their thrusters stable...unless it's specifically meant to be unstable (like the wacky thrustes in modpack beta)

This is where the idea of the smart thruster comes in: where you can just use number logic to change the power and direction of thrust. But this also means that people can design their own "instability" by inputting a math function to wiggle the direction around.
"Smart" parts are more for a programmer I think, because it's working with numbers you can't see a lot of the time. But dang if they aren't great for covering all the bases! That 1 thruster can do the job of all of them ever.

Anyway, the block thruster should already be good to go for what you want 👌
Atomic 18 Jun, 2022 @ 3:10pm 
Would it be possible to create a 1x1 gas container? with the new custom gamemode update creative items are now able to be in survival and they arent made to have internal gas storage on the engines themselves, can you make a 1x1 gas container so that its not a giant bulky gas container on my build, but a nice clean 1x1 block. If so, thank you very much
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50