Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Automatic LCDs 2
MMaster  [developer] 21 Dec, 2016 @ 2:06pm
BUG REPORTS
Please report any bugs here so they don't get lost in the comments.

Always state exact command that you use, what is the expected output and what is the actual output. Bug reports that say "It doesn't work" aren't helpful to anyone :)

The more details you provide the less time it will take to fix the problem.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 462 comments
DulimirOfGondor 22 Dec, 2016 @ 9:51am 
First off, thank you for this, ive used your first script and now switched to the new version. I had a look at your video tutorial, great work and thanks again. I am having a bit of a problem with the new version though. Ive set everything up and triple checked everything - but what is happening is that the correct information appears for just a little bit, then disapears and on comes the default text telling me to enter lcd commands in the title. Then the correct info jumps back and then goes away again. Ive tried many things, adjusting the timer, checking the settings... no success. If you have any idea what is going on, please help!
MMaster  [developer] 22 Dec, 2016 @ 10:58am 
As I said in reply to your other comment it sounds like you are running 2 scripts that are both hitting the same LCD. You can try recompile of the script which should definitely help if its bug in the script. If that is the case I will need to somehow reproduce the issue so I can fix it :) It didn't happen to me yet.
EverydayJake 22 Dec, 2016 @ 11:30am 
I have a problem. When I replaced the old code with the new code, the monitor loaded the booting up screen but is now stuck. It isn't displaying the information that I want. All of the tags are correct, I double checked.
MMaster  [developer] 22 Dec, 2016 @ 4:34pm 
What commands do you use and where do you have them written? If in LCD Title than that will not work with new script. Use Custom Data to enter commands.
EverydayJake 22 Dec, 2016 @ 6:31pm 
Sorry I must've not read the instructions carefully enough, putting the command in custom data fixed the issue. Thanks for the quick response and thanks for this code, it's really cool!
K4_E 23 Dec, 2016 @ 5:07pm 
Love this script, so much work went into this, and it works so well, great job!

The issue I'm having is the text on the LCD's becomes very dim and I can't read it unless I'm standing right in front of the LCD with my light on. Everything was working fine until I added the Command: WORKING {G:_WORKING} :OFF. This was to display any function in the ship that were turned off excluding unfinished blocks.
MMaster  [developer] 23 Dec, 2016 @ 6:34pm 
The script doesn't influence how dim the LCD is. It just writes text on screen. All the text rendering is done by the game. This script literally does nothing else to the LCD from what you would do if you would write text to public text of LCD yourself.
girl 24 Dec, 2016 @ 6:15am 
This is a really awesome and impressive script. I've been using the first version of this script for ages now and I love the changes you made in this version.

I do have a problem though.. For some reason, the inventory screen is not listing my components. I have it setup as !LINK:A 1 and 2 with command 'inventory -all + components'
It is showing me a list of components with the quotas but it says there is zero of everything. I have the script in a trigger now loop and tried it in a normal 1s start loop but that didnt work.
I checked all the permissions multiple times but it doesnt fix it.. Any ideas?
Cifer 25 Dec, 2016 @ 11:15am 
Love.Your.Work. I wouldn't play SE without this mod, this update is bringing me back. But I've run into a problem when trying to link screens. I use the Exact example you gave after the name of the item, even copied it from the guide. I have !LINK:A 1, and !LINK:A 2. But neither LCD is recognizing it, the text still scrolls in the first LCD. I made sure there is a space between [LCD] and !LINK:A 1, but I even tried it without a space.
I've double checked all items belong to me, and both LCDs have [LCD] in their name, right before the Link command. There is definitely a space after the Group letter, "A", what else should I check?

The fact you answer questions for help is awesome, you're the man and I always try to spread the awareness of this mod to every new SE player I find. I understand it's the holidays so no worries on rushing to answer. Thank you for this mod!

Edit: Thanks for response MMaster!
Last edited by Cifer; 26 Dec, 2016 @ 3:19pm
MMaster  [developer] 26 Dec, 2016 @ 6:43am 
@BSteurful your command is wrong. you are missing name filter and you do -all and you have space after + .. basically everything except for the name of command you did wrong :D eg. "Inventory {Cargo Container} +components" check the video guide.
@Cifer To be honest I don't know. I've got it setup exactly as you described and it works. There is currently bug in game where LCDs sometimes just say ONLINE even if there is text in the public text of the LCD which can be solved by restarting the game but other than that linking works completely fine. I'm sorry that I can't help more
girl 27 Dec, 2016 @ 3:59am 
Ah, thanks for your reply, it's working now. I'll make sure to watch it next time ;)
Addramyr 28 Dec, 2016 @ 6:52pm 
Everything works like charm although it seems the timer or programmable block emmits a strident sound every 0.1 sec or so. Any idea what might cause this?

EDIT: Found the option : Silent Mode
:)

Herp derp
Last edited by Addramyr; 28 Dec, 2016 @ 7:22pm
renewedbullet 1 Jan, 2017 @ 9:13pm 
cant get them to link at all just says online and ive restarted my server several times =/
Svetressito 2 Jan, 2017 @ 3:55pm 
Hello MMaster, love ure first programmable LCD script, i have a problem with this one tho.

All my LCDs stop booting at 0% "Booting up",
when i check the programmable block it tells me:

Caught exeption during execution of script: TimeSpan does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

one command example is:

Echo
Power
Powertime
Echo
Cargo
Tanks * Hydrogen
Tanks * Oxygen

i have written the commands in Custom Data, i have ownership of all blocks, the timer is setup to start itself at 1s and the script.

hugses and kisses for a great script!

edit:

my game is entirely vanilla, so no mods that would interfere with the script.
Last edited by Svetressito; 2 Jan, 2017 @ 3:56pm
MMaster  [developer] 3 Jan, 2017 @ 3:22am 
@renewedbullet I'm not sure waht the problem is. I've tested the LINK on new ships and even on old ships and it works correctly. I'm sorry, but I really can't find any issue with that :/
@Diabase this should be fixed in new version 2.0002. Can you please update your script as described in 'How to Update?' section of guide and let me know if the issue is fixed? Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 462 comments
Per page: 1530 50