Starbound

Starbound

Steambound reloaded - Automation, item transportation and much more!
Winnetouch 22 Aug, 2016 @ 1:51pm
Recommendations
This discussion can be used as a cllection-point for the mod-author to gather recommendations for his mod.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Winnetouch 22 Aug, 2016 @ 1:52pm 
Mine would be to add adjustable amounts to the terminal so I can output the needed amounts and not the whole stack which I#d have to put back when I'm finished. Awesome mod! Keep it up!
Oiadine 22 Aug, 2016 @ 5:50pm 
Mine would be too add an ADVANCED quarry that uses a bigger drill then the normal steambound quarry HOWEVER has a bit more drilling time,But it gives more resources,Also the quarry can be deactivated causing it too go up,Also upon reaching the core it immediantly goes up so it dosent melt.
Oiadine 22 Aug, 2016 @ 5:50pm 
Also the advanced quarry has a foundation it makes before mining.
RogueRaiden 24 Aug, 2016 @ 8:09pm 
+1 adjustable amounts for terminal
+1 more advanced quarrys
Would like to see more advanced routers, where you can select more inputs/outputs
Would like to see the machines use Erchius Fuel instead of coal
Last edited by RogueRaiden; 25 Aug, 2016 @ 11:00pm
Skinwalker 25 Aug, 2016 @ 8:14am 
comparitors

pistons

ability to leave 1 coal or item in a storage slot when the router decides to grabb a stack and send it somewhere else. that way, you can define your storage spaces by dropping the singular objects there, now, all the objects in that chest are acting as filters. so when i have a router grab anything out of that chest, i want to leave the last item in the stack where it was.
router rule for item filters, move all items except (amount)

thanks, great mod.
Last edited by Skinwalker; 25 Aug, 2016 @ 8:15am
Skinwalker 25 Aug, 2016 @ 2:36pm 
another good suggestion should be tagged here: refridgerated router filter storage. i think jason said it first. otherwise your meat in the filter spoils apparently?
Neppy Uzume 27 Aug, 2016 @ 11:54pm 
Could the amount of coal quarry and pump use be adjusted to be bit less? Feels like quarry is currently going through inserted coal bit too fast.
Silvia Rose 28 Aug, 2016 @ 10:24pm 
also maybe perhaps, you could make a quick set all slot button to set all the slots in input/ output?

i hate having to keep putting them in manually for every router
Keipo [PBG] 29 Aug, 2016 @ 4:09am 
My own request would be to have the router have a tagging system besides the "insert item and have this filtered in/out" feature. I like to organize my chests by type; blocks, decorations, food, etc. I don't know every exact item that will go through the pipe system, so I'd love to filter things generally by type as well as specific items.

Also, I second the refridgerated router filter storage. This system would be great for my farm if the sorting items didn't rot!
Silvia Rose 29 Aug, 2016 @ 4:39am 
maybe a trash filter so your quarry doesnt clog because you cant have a filter for every item
Skinwalker 31 Aug, 2016 @ 10:24am 
how about

wire a terminal to a crafting table to craft using all items on that network.... would be awesome. no more fishing around for ingredients
Kaldreth 31 Aug, 2016 @ 3:11pm 
@Archaeoptyrix , I was just thinking about this and hopped on steam to make this suggestion. So far I place panels directly next to some of the most commonly used crafting stations, but it's still a hassle hopping between panels.
Kyrous 1 Sep, 2016 @ 1:12am 
I would like to see saved presets for the router or an advanced router with one. Also more restricted slots would be nice. I could use it to sort my items quickly if there were a bit more sorting slots.

Also it would be nice if there was a router-controller that lets you select the routers in your system from a single terminal and maybe even other objects like opening connected storage individually. It would be nice if you could use the terminal to access a specific storage instead of all items at once kind of thing, just opening the storage box for you from afar.

Another cool feature I would like to suggest could be a "sort by catagory" perhaps? Example: It would let you sort all "weapons"/"tools" into the designated output location, meaning no matter what items are in it, as long as it is a weapon or a tool it would be sorted.

Thanks. Love your mod hope to see more of it.
Calypso Nate 3 Sep, 2016 @ 7:58pm 
I really would like to see this in the main game. Also, upgrades. Like add cogs or something to the drill to upgrade, range?, speed, efficiency, idk up to you author. This thing's amazing. :snowglobe:
Thundercraft 4 Sep, 2016 @ 1:39pm 
I really like most of this mod. However, I do not find the "Pump" item worth using. It just sucks up liquids far too slowly to be of practical use. I can use my Matter Manipulator to suck up liquids about 10 or 20 times faster, so why bother? I think it needs to operate many times faster, especially since it uses coal just to operate.

Another thing I didn't like about the pump is that it must be mounted to the side of a wall and it will only mount on the right side. (It does not flip or mirror...) Also, the pump's reach is far too short. It will only suck a few tiles below it. I built a huge liquid holding tank, over 200 blocks deep: http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750354253

It would be very much appreciated if you had a version of a Pump or, better yet, a Pipe Inlet which could suck up liquid at any depth.

Currently, I'm using Wired Industry's "Fluid Pump Inlet" because it is faster and I can place it at any depth. But even that is restrictive, because it's limited by how far wires can stretch. So, even with that, I can't suck liquid from the bottom to the top of my liquid tank.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50